The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Some Important Updates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 17:05

Dearest Members and Visitors of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

We have implemented a few small but important changes and additions, which we would like to draw your attention to.

- The Contact Info in the pinned topic in the News Forum has been updated. You may find the topic here: http://www.fountainp...4-contact-info/

- We have added a new topic in Community Feedback, for reporting adverts which redirect you away from FPN. Instructions on what we'd need are given in the topic starter, and either the topic itself, or a PM may be used for providing the requested information for ads to be reported, so we can immediately act upon it. This topic will be pinned. See here: http://www.fountainp...tising-reports/

Please do note that Community Feedback is only visible when logged in.

- The FPN Quick Navigation sidebar item has been implemented in many more places than just the Home/Index screen now, for ease of reference and navigation. You will find it now, amongst others, also in View New Content, Forums, Topics and Classifieds, on the right hand side, in the sidebar.

- A link to our Contact Info, and to the new Reporting Adverts topic have been added to the FPN Quick Navigation sidebar widget as well, right at the top.

All of this in an attempt to make your browsing experience here just that little bit better again. :D

Warm regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Admin Team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Sponsored Content

#2 Sandy1

Sandy1

Minty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,887 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:28

Bunny Bravo! :bunny01:

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

#3 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 00:37

Thank you, Sandy!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#4 77kath

77kath

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:13

The changes look great on my Mac, but on the iPad (IOS 8.4) the link causes a strange hangup, hard to describe but I will if you need it. 

Thanks for working on this so steadfastly!

Kathleen

#5 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 15:05

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, please, and which link?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#6 77kath

77kath

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 16:07

OK.  I am writing this on the Mac, because it was so confusing to try to write and describe on the iPad.

When we open the page, I assume we all find the same announcement, "We have started implementing the changes we promised . . ."  The link in that banner, "Upcoming Changes to FPN," takes my iPad to a page in FPN News that has a white space, a banner ad which has always been for Pen Chalet, a four button banner that has, among others, a large red The Delande Pen, and five marked off sections each of which has the flashing ellipsis that usually means "wait."  Then two blocks of pen pictures with four buttons, at least one of which is a Namiki VP.  Then the announcement, repeated, and then your post of November 29, 2014.  The sidebar top section has a picture of a few pens and an ad for Peyton Street Pens.  In the sidebar, a bit further down, the new sidebar information appears.

When I click on the link in the second announcement, I get looped back to the page described above.

It doesn't break anything, it just loops.  I can use "View New Content" or any of the fora from the top navigation bar, but some of the links in the sidebar seem to loop back to the lashing ellipses.  Not all.

Does this help?

#7 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 18:39

OK.  I am writing this on the Mac, because it was so confusing to try to write and describe on the iPad.

When we open the page, I assume we all find the same announcement, "We have started implementing the changes we promised . . ."  The link in that banner, "Upcoming Changes to FPN," takes my iPad to a page in FPN News that has a white space, a banner ad which has always been for Pen Chalet, a four button banner that has, among others, a large red The Delande Pen, and five marked off sections each of which has the flashing ellipsis that usually means "wait."  Then two blocks of pen pictures with four buttons, at least one of which is a Namiki VP.  Then the announcement, repeated, and then your post of November 29, 2014.  The sidebar top section has a picture of a few pens and an ad for Peyton Street Pens.  In the sidebar, a bit further down, the new sidebar information appears.

When I click on the link in the second announcement, I get looped back to the page described above.

It doesn't break anything, it just loops.  I can use "View New Content" or any of the fora from the top navigation bar, but some of the links in the sidebar seem to loop back to the lashing ellipses.  Not all.

Does this help?

That was asked in Community Feedback as well.

I fixed this for now, by a fairly simple hack. This is caused by a bug in the software add-on we have been using for many years for announcements and such, and which really is an add-on to display adverts. The developer has been notified. Essentially, under certain conditions, all areas created, whether disabled or not, would be displayed - this is what happened here.

Anyway, fixed now. It had nothing to do with the announcement above.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Sponsored Content

|