The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Next Pen—Another Lamy 2000 Or ?

lamy 2000 pen recommendation novice fountain pens modern clean black lamy studio

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 piblondin

piblondin

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:47

how do you like the medium Lamy 2000. I recently tried out a Dialog 3 (M) and I really enjoyed how it wrote. It made me think about exchanging the fine nib on my Lamy 2000.

I like the Lamy 2000 M. It's probably the smoothest writing pen I own. With that said, it's a pretty thick line for a medium and maybe too thick for my small writing style. Nonetheless, I really like how it feels to write with it. To me, it seems wetter than the gold nib on the Dialog or Studio Palladium, which could be good or bad, depending on your personal preferences. 

Sponsored Content

#42 piblondin

piblondin

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:50

How about TWSBI? I have the 530 and it has interchangeable nibs. Holds lots of ink too

I was after a TWSBI until I discovered the Lamy 2000 a couple years ago. I'm not sure I have a need for one anymore with the 2000s in the collection. 

#43 vonManstein

vonManstein

Themoldypeaches

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2015 - 18:09

I got rid of my Lamy 2000 after I discovered Lamy 27. Much better pen. And all this design nonsense puts me off. Its just size bigger Lamy 27 slightly repackaged. And no, it is not part of MOMA permanent display. Bic Cristal on the other hand, is.

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

#44 dfo

dfo

Historiker

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2015 - 22:06

I got rid of my Lamy 2000 after I discovered Lamy 27. Much better pen. And all this design nonsense puts me off. Its just size bigger Lamy 27 slightly repackaged. And no, it is not part of MOMA permanent display. Bic Cristal on the other hand, is.

Better in what way?

Lamy 2000s come with a lifetime warranty in the US. The nib is the same on both pens (or at least interchangeable), so I do not think that makes a difference in writing experience. 

What is left is preference in regards to the material used for the body of the pen.

Edited by dfo, 14 December 2015 - 01:43.

Daniel

The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. 

Gramsci

#45 haruka337

haruka337

( •̀ω•́ )✧

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2015 - 22:16

Better in what way?
Lamy 2000s come with a lifetime warranty in the US. The nib is the same on both pens (or at least interchangeable), so I do not think that makes a difference in writing experience. 
What is left is preference in the material used for the body of the pen.

+1

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

#46 Namo

Namo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 13:55

I have to say that the 27 is a h*** of a pen. I don't know if it's better, but the 2K evolved from that design. I used to have a 27m (slightly larger than the other 27s), and loved the pen. One of the strongest point of the 27 is its piston mechanism, holding up to 1.6ml of ink... To me the 27 is on the league of the Pelikan 400nn or the Parker 51. The pen is sadly too thin for me (as the 400nn), so I sold it. The 2K has its iconic, almost mystical power, and is a great pen, just the right size for me, and the little ears make the 2K more confortable as far as I am concerned (the 27 has a metal ring that really brothers me). The steel version is perfect for me. I wish the ink capacity was up to its ancestor.

Edited by Namo, 14 December 2015 - 13:57.

amonjak.com

cropped-amonjak-partie-4-de-4_page_4-modifiee1.jpg  

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy 2000, pen recommendation, novice, fountain pens, modern, clean, black, lamy studio

Sponsored Content

|