The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Vp W/ .8Mm "dailyitalic" Grind From Indypendance

dailyitalic indypendance linda kennedy pilot vanishing point

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 22:56

Terrific review!  I was wondering what this grind looked like.  Thank you.  I may have to contact Ms. Kennedy to see what she might be able to do for some of my existing pens. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

Sponsored Content

#22 lpdb185

lpdb185

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2015 - 19:07

Did your nib start off as a "B" or something else? 

Sorry for the delay in responding, but it was ground from a B nib. 

#23 Larry Barrieau

Larry Barrieau

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2015 - 13:13

I like the daily italic idea. Is anyone else doing this grind? I would send my pen to Linda but it's hard to have a pen out for more than a few months for me.

Also I'm curious, is it considered bad manners for a nib grinder to copy another's grind? I would think that there are so few nib grinds that this question doesn't come up often.

To better see my icon     http://fpnlcb.shutterfly.com/pictures

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen.  (It's smaller than an sj)

#24 Ambien

Ambien

Consulting Detective

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:41

I like the daily italic idea. Is anyone else doing this grind? I would send my pen to Linda but it's hard to have a pen out for more than a few months for me.

Also I'm curious, is it considered bad manners for a nib grinder to copy another's grind? I would think that there are so few nib grinds that this question doesn't come up often.

I wouldn't think so as there's a limited variation of FP grinds like architect. You could specify crisper/smoother for CI and stubs too.  Each grind is slightly different due to the finishing methods of a nibmeister too. 

Tempus edax rerum

#25 Shubhranshu Das

Shubhranshu Das

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:28

Hi thanks for this review and the comments ... All very useful. This definitely will be kept in mind as I'm waiting to receive my VP...

#26 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2016 - 20:57

Will be seeing Linda this weekend at the Baltimore Pen Show!  I like line variation, so I'll ask her which has more the Stub, Cursive Italic or the DailyItalic™.

#27 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2016 - 22:35

Will be seeing Linda this weekend at the Baltimore Pen Show!  I like line variation, so I'll ask her which has more the Stub, Cursive Italic or the DailyItalic™.

Visited Linda at the Baltimore Pen Show on Friday.  Tried her test pens with her different grinds and liked the cursive italic the best.  Montblanc 146 with a medium nib (wrote more like a broad) before and after.  She said it ended up being about .56mm.  Perfect for my writing style!

Edited by Tasmith, 06 March 2016 - 22:39.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dailyitalic, indypendance, linda kennedy, pilot, vanishing point

Sponsored Content

|