FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Experience With Twsbi Eco?
Posted 01 October 2017 - 20:52
Posted 03 October 2017 - 20:11
I have decommissioned my Eco and for weeks now have been using two Wing Sung 698's. Landed in my post office box these are a $20 pen. I have used the same inks in the 698 as I had in my Eco and have had no problems whatsoever.
In my humble opinion the Eco is a very disappointing pen. I own other Twsbi's and really enjoy using them but not the Eco.
"may our fingers remain ink stained"
Posted 03 October 2017 - 21:54
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- Jack London
Posted 09 October 2017 - 19:36
I've owned 3 Ecos, still own two of them.
The first one I got shortly after the release, black pen with an extra fine nib. That one was very scratchy even though the tines looked ok. Also the feed couldn't keep up if I wrote for more than 10 mins non stop. Had some problems with the piston too, it didn't really want to move even though I lubricated it... Eventually I ended up giving the pen away.
The next two I got just about a month ago. White 1.1mm and clear extra fine. Pistons working well this time, the 1.1mm nib is a bit scratchy and not all that fun to use, but the extra fine is ok if a bit dry, again.
I really like the screw cap (seems to seal really well) and the piston filler, plus the pens look pretty good too. I don't like the nibs/feed and ink flow seems a bit inconsistent. Good pens, I just don't enjoy using them.
I'm not sure what has happened, but I suddenly started liking my Eco . I'm mainly using the extra-fine right now, really enjoying it.
I just wish these pens had more consistent ink flow...