The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Experience With Twsbi Eco?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Shaggy

Shaggy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 20:52

I can't get past the triangular grip section. I wish I'd known about that before purchase. Had to send it back.

Sponsored Content

#82 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2017 - 20:11

Unfortunately my opinion of the Eco is not as kind as most. In the US an Eco sells for about the $30 mark in Australia it retails at about the $60 mark. Since owning mine I have had nothing but trouble with it leaking ink as I write, my post "my eco journey so far" chronicles my experiences.

I have decommissioned my Eco and for weeks now have been using two Wing Sung 698's. Landed in my post office box these are a $20 pen. I have used the same inks in the 698 as I had in my Eco and have had no problems whatsoever.

In my humble opinion the Eco is a very disappointing pen. I own other Twsbi's and really enjoy using them but not the Eco.

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

#83 T4TEXAS

T4TEXAS

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2017 - 21:54

I have had mine for about 2 years as a daily writer. No problems.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

SnailBadge.png

#84 Almu

Almu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2017 - 19:36

I've owned 3 Ecos, still own two of them.

The first one I got shortly after the release, black pen with an extra fine nib. That one was very scratchy even though the tines looked ok. Also the feed couldn't keep up if I wrote for more than 10 mins non stop. Had some problems with the piston too, it didn't really want to move even though I lubricated it... Eventually I ended up giving the pen away.

The next two I got just about a month ago. White 1.1mm and clear extra fine. Pistons working well this time, the 1.1mm nib is a bit scratchy and not all that fun to use, but the extra fine is ok if a bit dry, again.

I really like the screw cap (seems to seal really well) and the piston filler, plus the pens look pretty good too. I don't like the nibs/feed and ink flow seems a bit inconsistent. Good pens, I just don't enjoy using them.

I'm not sure what has happened, but I suddenly started liking my Eco :P. I'm mainly using the extra-fine right now, really enjoying it.

I just wish these pens had more consistent ink flow...

Sponsored Content

|