Experience With Twsbi Eco?

Lamyrada

Worked right out of the box for mine.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanielleE

• T4TEXAS

• TheRealScubaSteve

• amberleadavis

post-1399-0-44817200-1438569253_thumb.jpg

My TWSBI Eco hit the mailbox yesterday. Loaded it with Private Reserve Orange Crush. The worst ink I have and it performed excellent.

The nib is a Fine and feeds perfectly.😄

Edited by MLKirk

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

Mine was shipped from California on July 29th, to arrive in my Texas mailbox between Wednesday today (Friday). Today I got a tracking update from USPS...it's in Michigan and delayed!

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

My husband and I both got the Eco. I got black and he got white as that is usually our pattern. I have a loaner TWSBI 580 and I think I like the look of the Eco better. I gave them both a flush with soapy water and inked them up. i really like them so far. I unfortunately got four new pens the same day so, not a great time to test out new pens. But I have given it a fair shot and I prefer its size in hand compared to the 580. I havent had any issues with it. I also like the way the cap posts

Oh I also ordered mine from Pendleton so I got the BLS fine nib which I love btw. my husband got EF

Edited by BullFly7

Life isn't always what you make it. Sometimes it just falls in your lap and you have to deal with it.

Mine was shipped from California on July 29th, to arrive in my Texas mailbox between Wednesday today (Friday). Today I got a tracking update from USPS...it's in Michigan and delayed!

11 days and counting. By first class mail. Pony Express could have done as well.

- Jack London

My husband and I both got the Eco. I got black and he got white as that is usually our pattern. I have a loaner TWSBI 580 and I think I like the look of the Eco better. I gave them both a flush with soapy water and inked them up. i really like them so far. I unfortunately got four new pens the same day so, not a great time to test out new pens. But I have given it a fair shot and I prefer its size in hand compared to the 580. I havent had any issues with it. I also like the way the cap posts

Oh I also ordered mine from Pendleton so I got the BLS fine nib which I love btw. my husband got EF

Have you enjoyed the loaner?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Have you enjoyed the loaner?

I have enjoyed it. I think I am on the third refill as I have had a lot of writing to do for my class. It definitely made me want one, then the Eco came out and I decided to give that one a shot.

I was just thinking we need to get together so I can bring it back to you.

Life isn't always what you make it. Sometimes it just falls in your lap and you have to deal with it.

What are you doing on Sunday?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have enjoyed it. I think I am on the third refill as I have had a lot of writing to do for my class. It definitely made me want one, then the Eco came out and I decided to give that one a shot.

I was just thinking we need to get together so I can bring it back to you.

Be careful . . . her loaner programs are traps. I've purchased more pens that I wasn't interested in buying because of Amber.

Be careful . . . her loaner programs are traps. I've purchased more pens that I wasn't interested in buying because of Amber.

Wait, Wait, you mean you didn't think you were interested in them, until I showed you the pen?

Wait, Wait, you mean you didn't think you were interested in them, until I showed you the pen?

I would admit to exaggerating, but that'd be an admission of guilt.

LOL! no what is worse is going to her office and seeing her bazillion inks. It is overwhelming to pick one to try. Had I known I would have wanted to try so many, I wouldnt have inked any pens :P

What are you doing on Sunday

Before 4, wrangling the kids, after 4 nothing. If we can do something after then, you are on.

I was given one, with an EF nib. It writes smoothly and reliably. I like it a lot. It might make a goo school pen. After the third week, I flushed it. The friction-fit nib came off without my desire. I think it comes off too easily. No problem, but I worry.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

A fine black model on its way. Against my better judgement which says to wait until any bugs are worked out. But my curiosity won out.

I have no other TWSBI pen, and have had the Eco for only two days, but like it very much. I did not rinse it at all. Just filled it with Waterman Serenity and started writing. No skips; no hard starts. And smooth enough. While I like my one Safari (f), I would prefer the Eco if faced with choosing between the two of them, if only for the large piston-fill capacity. The only advantage of the Safari (flat charcoal) is that it looks more durable, and seems likely to hide scratches better. But then, I am not rough on pens and do not have scratches on any of them.

I cannot now compare the two nibs, since each pen has a different ink filled.

- Jack London

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty impressed with mine. I'm not sure that it will quite replace the 540 in my affections, but that would take a lot! If you're interested, there are no less than three reviews combined in this post from United Inkdom - and for the next week, there's a 10% discount offer there too!

I generally like finer nibs. Old US Parker F nib, so I got an Eco with an EF nib, which is similar in nib size.

This is an ink/nib size comment that is common for all pens.

I have a white Eco with an EF nib. I found that the EF nib (same for Pelikan EF) is a bit narrow for some of my lighter inks (Pelikan Green and Noodler's Gruene Cactus). The combo of EF ink line + light ink makes it a little harder to read, compared to a darker ink. I need to go up to a wider F nib for those lighter inks.

The EF should be fine for the darker inks (Diamine Sherwood Green), where the darker ink has more contrast and makes up for the finer ink line.

So I will be switching inks to Diamine Sherwood Green. And moving the Gruene Cactus to a pen with a wider nib.

I clean new pens as a matter of habbit, so manufacturing gunk is removed before I ink up.

After first inking, worked like a charm. Did not have to fuss with the nib at all, to get the ink flow to be what I wanted.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• 2 months later...

I too, purchased an Eco from Pendleton Brown, and am quite happy that I did so. I opted for the white, with a Med "crisp" BLS nib. I flushed it, chose the Waterman Serenity Blue sample I had laying around, and entered (what can only be described) as a feeling of euphoria, on par with anything relating to small children and their favorite toys. I decided, after about a weeks worth of notes for college, that this pen was well worth the purchase (despite the obvious disparity in price versus a stock version).

Sadly (?), I'm now attempting to fight the good fight...and so far, have avoided purchasing a "normal" version in black.

(I could convince myself that it'd be a Christmas present for my brother-in-law, but I'd only be slightly fooling myself.)

02 August -- Dec 2 answer:

I *almost* never flush my pens, only if they are expensive (above $50) to be sure they work well. Haven't you noticed finicky pens are always the expensive ones? An inexpensive pen should always work out of the box (not the opposite given current trends) since they should have been made as sturdy workhorses to work in any condition (or almost any).. and then really cheap pens can do whatever they want. LOL