The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M200 & Montblanc 145. My Daily Writers.

pelikan m200 cafe creme montblanc meisterstuck 145 frederic chopin cult pens blue orange

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OrangeSport

OrangeSport

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:18

Morning All,

Just a quick comparison of the two fountain pens I use for work on a daily basis. Two similarly sized pens, both from quite different price points. The Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme and the Montblanc Hommage a Frederic Chopin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Although both write very smoothly, but you can feel the difference in the Montblanc; partly in its extra smoothness and definitely in its extra weight. It is the better finished of the two, with nice touches like metal threads when you separate the pen's body.

They both start instantly, and only suffer the occasional an small skip if I'm writing very quicky. The Pelikan is the smoother reverse writer. I like fine nibs for the amount of writing I do (+/- 20 pages a day during meetings), but of course there is less line variation available from these.

The Montblanc Royal Blue ink is a lovely classic blue colour which flows well. The Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange is very deep, almost red, and great for highlighting points or writing stand-out notes and points.

Being similarly sized they are a great pair to use together as it's easy to swap between them when I need to change colour. The 145 gets the most use, and if filled in the morning it gets me through the day just fine.

Hope that was of interest. Thanks for reading.

Edited by OrangeSport, 25 July 2015 - 11:19.

Parker / Montblanc / Pelikan / Lamy

Sponsored Content

#2 sannidh

sannidh

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2015 - 16:27

Thanks for sharing. Btw, which one do you feel has a more comfortable grip ? the m200 seems thicker.

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

#3 OrangeSport

OrangeSport

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2015 - 16:49

The M200 is indeed thicker, but in use there's little in it. I hold both pens reasonably high, and usually use them posted. I find both comfortable, but I don't have the largest of hands...

#4 Tasmith

Tasmith

Uff Da!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:25

Nice review.  Thank you.

#5 VanRocket

VanRocket

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 19:28

Two of my favorite pens of all time.  I have a M200 and a 145 inked right now and they are used daily.

Thanks for the comparison review.

Jeff

#6 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:13

This was really enjoyable. Thank you.

#7 Pen_Noob

Pen_Noob

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 17:47

Personally I like more the MB146 and Pelikan M800 since I like pen who have a thicker grip. MB144 is very very uncomfortable for me, Aurora 88 Slim, while similarly thick is much more comfortable, no idea why.

Regarding finish and build quality, for me the Pelikan M800 has a clearly higher build quality than the MB146.

#8 OrangeSport

OrangeSport

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:02

Thanks, that's interesting.. I hope to have an M800 soon so will be able to compare for myself..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m200, cafe creme, montblanc, meisterstuck, 145, frederic chopin, cult pens, blue, orange

Sponsored Content

|