• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inky.Fingers

• flummoxed

• edebill

• Bklyn

Top Posters In This Topic

With the diagonal nib cutouts, the slit in the nib is creating a huge gap in between the tines. I am afraid it will be a serious challenge to get a pen feed that can sustain such massive ink flow requirements without starving the feed out of ink.

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

True. That's why without a vintage feed, you need to prime the feed. To prime the feed you either need a cartridge converter to force ink into the feed or a piston filler. Either way you don't need an ink well for dipping.

A more refined example below.

I never knew that Harley Davisson made a nib.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

True. That's why without a vintage feed, you need to prime the feed. To prime the feed you either need a cartridge converter to force ink into the feed or a piston filler. Either way you don't need an ink well for dipping.

A more refined example below.

GREAT handwriting. WOW.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Not sure either. Nib is stamped with HD as you see. Made by Waterman SA. Is this an Indian pen company?

GREAT handwriting. WOW.

Thanks. Still in progress as in my mods..

Lovely handwriting and great modification, for those who can't modify things on their own. Fellow FPNer S-K does make some modified feeds and nibs on Kim Pens from India. I've posted a writing sample at https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292647-kim-jumbo-with-flex-steel-nib/

I've done this mod already. On an Ahab nib, its cool but not enough flex and ease of flex. And it does sprunh your nib. My current quest ia to get a dip pen flex feel. So far this comes closest. Furthermore, its the easiest of all mod.

I am offring this mod on PIF free of charges .. in return paid in reviewsbas feed backs.

The Harley Davidson pens where manufactured under licence

by Stypen of France and Waterman S.A. ...letters denote type of

corporation...

Fred

Don't Trifle with Politics....Francine Gomez

The Harley Davidson pens where manufactured under licence

by Stypen of France and Waterman S.A. ...letters denote type of

corporation...

Fred

Don't Trifle with Politics....Francine Gomez

Thanks for the update. When I bought his pen and all of HD pens are shipped from India

I've done this mod already. On an Ahab nib, its cool but not enough flex and ease of flex. And it does sprunh your nib. My current quest ia to get a dip pen flex feel. So far this comes closest. Furthermore, its the easiest of all mod.

I managed to get a Zebra-G (dip nib) working on a Noodler's Konrad. It's a bit finicky - it can take some work to get the ink flowing at the start of a session, at which point it works well for as long as I keep going and the ink doesn't run out. I love the variation from hairline to big fat line, and how little pressure it takes to do it. I don't like the scratchy feeling and finicky start-up.

My first attempt seem to actually ruin the pen body by stretching when I attempted to stick a Hunt 99 nib in there. Tightly wrapping the section with insulating tape and letting it sit for a couple weeks to hopefully squeeze it back down seemed to work. I was able to put the Zebra G in there (seems a more appropriate size for the feed in the Konrad) and heat-set the feed somewhat.

I get the feeling the purpose-built Desiderata pens area at least more reliable. They also use Zebra G nibs, and I suspect the scratchiness is just a function of the untipped nib.

I get the feeling the purpose-built Desiderata pens area at least more reliable. They also use Zebra G nibs, and I suspect the scratchiness is just a function of the untipped nib.

Dip pen nibs are different than fountain pen nibs.

To get the fine hairlines, they do not have tipping.

The G nibs are probably one of the more forgiving flexible dip pen nibs.

With a dip pen, you need to write with a VERY LIGHT hand. The more you press, the scratchier it will feel.

Try switching to a HARD SMOOTH paper, that will also make the nib write smoother.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I am offring this mod on PIF free of charges .. in return paid in reviewsbas feed backs.

Nice, would love to try out one for you, but I'm too fara way in India for me to ship a pen to you and then for you to ship it back to me.

I have tried dip pen. They are cool.. but dupping is a pain and the clean up is.. arrggghhh. Also the nibs needed to be changed ever so often. Dip nibs that are not gold don't belong on a fountain pen.

I tried... they are not pleasant...

I,ll go with a needlepoint grind on a fp nib anyday.

I'm on the field so .. no ink bottle, no hickups.

You should also try Ackerman pump pen.

Again, not a fan of dip pen that are not tipped. Hence .. it is pointless to write unless there is a point.

With a dip pen, you need to write with a VERY LIGHT hand. The more you press, the scratchier it will feel.

Try switching to a HARD SMOOTH paper, that will also make the nib write smoother.

Seconded.

I've tried it on both Tomoe River and Rhodia. Right now I'm actually working through a 100 sheet pack of letter size TR as my practice paper. That definitely helps the scratchiness, but those un-tipped nibs are always going to be rougher than a tipped pen. I reserve them for flex practice. I'd never want to use them for normal journalling or note taking. I love the look, but don't especially like the feel.