The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Peoria, Il

club group meetings peoria illinois

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 18:37

Are there any pen clubs or meetings in Peoria, IL? If not, anyone interested in forming one?

Sponsored Content

#2 Roger W.

Roger W.

Irish Wolfhound

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 19:04

I've not heard of one in Peoria.  There was one more downstate but I'm thinking at least an hour east of you - maybe it was Bloomington?  I haven't heard of them meeting lately either.  If you get one going maybe I can coincide it with a visit to my brother in Pekin.  Good luck!

Roger W.

PS - I arrange the Chicago Pen Club

#3 wacko1128

wacko1128

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 20:00

I've head of one in Champaign, but don't happen to remember the details. Seller on eBay (penguy34) told me about it.

#4 NathanielHarter

NathanielHarter

Sheaffer Pen Museum Volunteer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 20:01

In Fort Madison (about 2 hours from Peroria) at the Sheaffer Pen Museum we have a meeting every 2nd Thursday. I believe August we are having a Picnic for former employees. We are also open 10-2 Monday and Friday, and would be glad to have you come if you haven't. 

Nathaniel Harter
Sheaffer Pen Museum Volunteer
spmlogofpn.png

#5 j1020

j1020

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 21:22

We have a nice club in Champaign, IL called "Pen Central". In fact, we are meeting tonight at 7:00 PM at the News Gazette Building in downtown Champaign. 

If you are in the area, feel free to join us or contact me for further information and I will put you in touch with one of the officers.

Topic for this evening is "Do expensive pens really write better than inexpensive pens? Bring your limited editions and Esterbrooks, etc. and we'll compare and find out".

j1020

#6 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 21:58

I would be glad to meet with anyone in NW Illinois or Eastern Iowa. 

#7 Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:39

I've not heard of one in Peoria.  There was one more downstate but I'm thinking at least an hour east of you - maybe it was Bloomington?  I haven't heard of them meeting lately either.  If you get one going maybe I can coincide it with a visit to my brother in Pekin.  Good luck!

Roger W.

PS - I arrange the Chicago Pen Club

Hi Roger - Thanks for the note. I'd be pleased ot meet you on your way to Pekin! You're right - it looks like there's a club near Bloomington in Champaign.

#8 Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:42

We have a nice club in Champaign, IL called "Pen Central". In fact, we are meeting tonight at 7:00 PM at the News Gazette Building in downtown Champaign. 

If you are in the area, feel free to join us or contact me for further information and I will put you in touch with one of the officers.

Topic for this evening is "Do expensive pens really write better than inexpensive pens? Bring your limited editions and Esterbrooks, etc. and we'll compare and find out".

Hey, that sounds like a great group, and I have Esterbrooks and plenty of inexpensive pens that write as well as the expensive ones. I bet you had a good meeting with that topic. I would be interested in knowing about the next time you folks meet. Thanks!

#9 Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

Vanrensalier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:46

In Fort Madison (about 2 hours from Peroria) at the Sheaffer Pen Museum we have a meeting every 2nd Thursday. I believe August we are having a Picnic for former employees. We are also open 10-2 Monday and Friday, and would be glad to have you come if you haven't. 

I moved to Illinois recently from California and would love to visit the Sheaffer museum. Thanks for the invite!

#10 j1020

j1020

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:33

Hey, that sounds like a great group, and I have Esterbrooks and plenty of inexpensive pens that write as well as the expensive ones. I bet you had a good meeting with that topic. I would be interested in knowing about the next time you folks meet. Thanks!

The next meeting of "Pen Central" will be on September 24 at 7:00 PM in the News Gazette Bldg. in downtown Champaign. Feel free to PM me for more info about the Club and details of future meetings.

-Jim

j1020

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: club, group, meetings, peoria, illinois

Sponsored Content

|