Canadian Arrow Gold Cap

mitto

This Canadaian made gold cap Parker Arrow pen in nearly mint condition is on offer on a local auction site for $180.00.Shall I buy it for this price? The pictures are those provided by the seller. I am sure it will shine more when cleaned properly. I like the pen as it is almost a 51 with an open Duofold (or is it a vacumatic?) nib and a window pan like 51 cap. Plus I dont have such a pen in my collection. Here are the pictures of the pen :

post-117288-0-03747700-1437659775_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• mariom

• arrow king

• corgicoupe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What blunder did I commit posting Parker related topic in Sheaffer forum.! I request Mod to please move the post to Parker forum. And , sorry for the unintended mistake.

Khan M. Ilyas

Really up to you to decide Khan. Personally, I wouldn't buy it at that price.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

Really up to you to decide Khan. Personally, I wouldn't buy it at that price.

Yes , mariom. I know he is demanding a huge price. Yet , I want the pen. I think these are not so common. I can't say these are rare but they don't often come up for sale either. Let us see. What would you say if I make him agree on $100-120?

Khan M. Ilyas

If you want it that much, then go for it. It looks like it's in good condition.

Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

If you want it that much, then go for it. It looks like it's in good condition.

mariom , I need your opinion as to what is or should be the approximate value of the pen? I personally am of the opinion that the pen's worth is no more than $40-50 . Am I right? I have read somewhere on another FPN thread the pen being bought for something like $20-25 but with chrome cap.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Honestly Khan, I wouldn't have a clue as the the value as I've never seen one for sale. Mind you, I haven't been looking, either. The Arrow article at parkerpens.net says they're sought after, so I suppose $120-$150 isn't over the odds. Ultimately, it's worth whatever you (or someone else) is prepared pay for it.

Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

• 1 year later...

Curious as to how you made out. Haven't been on FPN for awhile. The Canadian Parker Arrow is rare, and sought after. An excellent offer for price. The pen is not a 'franken pen' but I've seen strange caps. The body, comes in 6 colours, always with a black section, and 'arrow' (vacumatic nib either solid gold plain or platinum detailed arrow, marked Canada, and to the best of my knowledge either '55' or '56') The stylized arrow with 'PARKER' imprinted above and "ARROW' on the arrow on the aerometric fill is the key. One can substitute a '21' barrel to the section. The cap is distinctive in that it is '51' style, no Parker on the clip, just the feathers like early vacs and most distinctively a 'black' (not grey) jewel. Those with VS style caps and clips are, to me, wrong probably switched. Your window pane gold is rarer, I have one, but they usually are found with brushed lusteroy caps as you have seen. I acquired two about 20 years ago and it was 10 years later before I knew what they were. I have about 300 pens all auction, flea market, gifts, dealers etc and should quit however I'm still looking for true "Arrows". Ironically my email has always been 'kings.arrow'. Hope you got the pen, they are great no problem pens.

Glad to see somebody has replied with substantial information about the pen though very late. I did get the pen for $140. And I am happy with it. It was and still is in mint condition.

Yes, it does take the 21 barrel.

I have around 1000 vintage parker pens ( beside other brands vintage pens). And almost all are antique store/flea market finds. A few were also picked up from local auction sites but none from Ebay or the like.

Thank you.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

I am curious as to why you have avoided ebay all this time.

EDIT... Reason given beow is an excellent reason. :rolleyes:

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

I am curious as to why you have avoided ebay all this time.

EDIT... Reason given beow is an excellent reason. :rolleyes:

corgicoupe, being a Pakistan resident, I am not entitled to have a paypall account and, thus, not able to use ebay.

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/tribune.com.pk/story/951820/shunned-from-further-growth-no-entry-for-pakistan-in-ebay-amazon-and-paypal/%3famp=1

Khan M. Ilyas

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late contribution to this thread.

Just a couple things to add.

First is the following link which may be of interest: http://fountainpenhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-parker-arrow.html Based on the text of this piece, the price you paid for your pen sounds reasonable.

As pointed out by the article, the gold filled cap which tends to appear with the pen is not actually a true 'window pane' cap - the horizontal lines going around the circumference of the pen exist, but there are no vertical lines.

My interest in the Parker Arrow is that I own one myself - pictures below. My pen corresponds with the description in the article in all areas except one. The barrel fits perfectly but is longer than that found on a Parker 21, furthermore it does not seem to be a standard 21 colour. Haven't yet worked out what model it is from... Ideas anyone?

http://i64.tinypic.com/sg225e.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/xdunew.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/4ktyfs.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/kef248.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/qxuzk7.jpg

Thank you. I remember reading the article you linked at the time i bought my Canadian Arrow. And yes, the cap is half window pan. The barrel on your pen is strange but beautiful color.

Khan M. Ilyas

corgicoupe, being a Pakistan resident, I am not entitled to have a paypall account and, thus, not able to use ebay.

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/tribune.com.pk/story/951820/shunned-from-further-growth-no-entry-for-pakistan-in-ebay-amazon-and-paypal/%3famp=1

Mitto:

While not a Pakistan resident, I do use eBay without a PayPal account. Some auctions allow credit cards "processed by eBay". Would you be permitted to use a credit card in this way?

Edited by Chouffleur

Mitto:

While not a Pakistan resident, I do use eBay without a PayPal account. Some auctions allow credit cards "processed by eBay". Would you be permitted to use a credit card in this way?

May be. But honestly I havent felt the need to shop around on ebay or amazon. I find pens way cheaper here in local vintage market/antique stores. For parts, I ask some friends in UK or USA to shop for me and send through someone coming back home.

Khan M. Ilyas