Show Your Twsbi Eco

spaceink

Just got mine not too long ago. Ordered it in a broad nib.

http://i.imgur.com/ot4zKW3.jpg?1

Just filled it up ( which was a mess because I was filling from a Diamine 30mL bottle for the first time and this is my first piston filler, I kept sticking it in the bottle too far and had ink spill over).

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spaceink

• Jamerelbe

• TheRealScubaSteve

• AAAndrew

OOPS, I've done that before.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The nib comes out very easily. I don't like that. Mine works fine, but mostly " Meh ! "

I would prefer the Diamond 540 or LAMY Safari.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

What is the weight of twsbi eco without ink and without cap?

I don't have a scale but from what I've read the body itself weighs 13g

Don't mind me, I like to ramble... A LOT

My TWSBI ECO in broad. The broad isn't really as broad as I would like and is actually closer to some of my mediums. It is just so smooth though

post-125445-0-65335900-1443985283_thumb.jpg

I decided to give a TWSBI Eco a go with a 1.1mm stub nib.

While it lacks the crispness of my other italic nibs, it is smooth and comfortable. I like the boldness of Diamine Pumpkin in the pen!

fpn_1444403917__potd_20151008.jpg

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

I love the 1.1mm stub but decided to switch out the nib for fun. Turned out that the feed that came with the 1.1mm stub ECO allows adequate flow for flex without additional channel mods (according to TWSBI, the feeds are different for certain nibs). Here is mine with an FPR 5.5 flex put in.

post-117704-0-07412500-1443818292_thumb.jpg
Edited by spaceink

• 5 months later...

This is mine. Actually, I ordered Coral LAMY Safari - but shop owner, not having stocks - sent me.... this :-)))

Well, I accepted!

I have got also LAMY Safary, LAMY Joy in my collection to compare with my new TWSBI Eco

All these pens are very good.

But I just discovered that just for drawing I prefer TWSBI Eco.... (more close to pencil)

post-118183-0-30660600-1458632332_thumb.jpg

QUESTION:

When we need to add silicone?

ECO's pictured user guide is not clear.

How often also to re-assemble?

Seems I suppose that User Guide need to be more completed.

Add silicone when it feels like the piston is hard to move?

Disassemble when you feel flushing it isn't sufficient?

I had one with Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham. Had to fully tear it down to clean it. I had another with Habanero. That one just needed a few flushes and all the ink was gone.

I have had my Eco in active rotation since about a month after they came out and I haven't flushed it or greased it yet. I suspect you won't need to grease it often unless you go through ink much more quickly than I do or change your ink often. This holds quite a bit of ink so I only have to work the piston (to clean and fill) very seldom.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Good for drawing on a way. Always knowing, that inks will not end :) The only, it is difficult to draw small things... (~1 - 1.5 cm)

post-118183-0-45480800-1459028698_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Good for drawing on a way. Always knowing, that inks will not end :) The only, it is difficult to draw small things... (~1 - 1.5 cm)

What size nib is yours, Ringo? Wonderful artwork, by the way!

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

What size nib is yours, Ringo? Wonderful artwork, by the way!

Thanks... Italic nib. Size? 1.1 I suppose.... Very good pen. I enjoy 2 pens with italic nibs I have

Lamy Joy - lighter pen

TWSBI - for bigger letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on how an Eco might fare with smallish hands? (For reference: I find the 580AL too top heavy, but a Lamy Safari feels just fine.)

but a Lamy Safari feels just fine.

Then, I guess, the Eco will feel just fine as well.

Iris

My avatar is a painting by Ilya Mashkov (1881-1944): Self-Portrait; 1911, which I photographed in the New Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow.

Then, I guess, the Eco will feel just fine as well.

Eco weights 22 g, while Lamy (Joy or Safari, I have both, but prefer Joy!) weights 10 g. If you need smaller letters, I would recommend Lamy. For smaller hands seems Lamy is better. While both pens are perfect!

post-118183-0-47164300-1467148750_thumb.jpg