Fountain Pen Kickstarter: Tiscribe

MrThoth

I'm very interested, but it does look very short without the cap posted. That copper though, and the executive brass / titanium blend, well, golly! :puddle:

Hmm.. this might warrant some further pondering, I think..

For an extra $5 you can get a 'full size' version in any material - which is an extra 1 inch long. No extra charge for the full size if you jump on board for two or more pens.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamerelbe

• tenney

• FinalEleven

• paca

For an extra $5 you can get a 'full size' version in any material - which is an extra 1 inch long. No extra charge for the full size if you jump on board for two or more pens.

Uh oh...... :D

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Brass? I like one copper and one titanium. Copper's patina seems so desirable while brass seems to beg for Brasso.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Brass? I like one copper and one titanium. Copper's patina seems so desirable while brass seems to beg for Brasso.

Two reasons for going with brass:

(1) I'm not sure I'm keen on the kind of patina copper produces - personal preference, maybe, but I like the brass grip section on my Karas Kustoms INK fountain pen.

(2) The price point for the brass-titanium combo was, in my opinion, just about the best value for money option: $11 more for the Copper-Titanium combo, even though the copper pen (as a stand-alone) is only $6 more than the brass.

Kickstarter campaign is now just shy of $30,000, with 6 days to go. Two new reviews since last I checked in:

http://www.mypenneedsink.com/blog/2015/08/20/one2tencnc-tiscribe-fountain-pen-review/

http://www.inkdependence.com/2015/08/one2ten-tiscribe-copper-fountain-pen.html

Also a YouTube video review from Michael Matteson / Inkdependence):

There's probably still enough time for one more stretch goal - am keen to see what it is!!

Is that a copper or bronze pen in the picture with the patina.

I do agree it was ill advised to make the discount different for copper vs brass, but...as I said, brass patina just makes me want to reach for Brasso to shine it up.

--

Is that a copper or bronze pen in the picture with the patina.

I do agree it was ill advised to make the discount different for copper vs brass, but...as I said, brass patina just makes me want to reach for Brasso to shine it up.

The YouTube review is for a copper pen - and yes, it's got quite a noticeable patina already.. I hear what you're saying about brass - my guess is that the material is either cheaper, or easier to machine, or possibly both, hence the price difference... For mine, though, I'm not keen on the extent to which copper discolours, and have found the brass grip section on my Karas Kustoms INK very comfortable to hold - so that's what I've signed up for (plus a titanium). Yes, it gets dull over time (though there's always Brasso for that!), but it's still my preference. Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Definitely different strokes. Years and years of Civil Air Patrol at a Navy facility, and several summers in "boot camp" at an air force base all combined with "Brasso is you friend... use it always" and -- I feel compelled to want to use it if I have brass with patina. Not so with copper.

Bottom line: you'll like your two pens, and they'll be a few bucks cheaper than my two.

--

All these metallic Kickstarter pens seem to have the ribbed section (apart from one that is now a completed project). I guess I'll have ot wait until someone starts another campaign for one with a normal section. Hope all of you enjoy your pens!

All these metallic Kickstarter pens seem to have the ribbed section (apart from one that is now a completed project). I guess I'll have ot wait until someone starts another campaign for one with a normal section. Hope all of you enjoy your pens!

I think the ribbed sections is to help out in gripping the pen. From my experience and from what I've read, smooth metal sections have a tendency to slip from someone's grip.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

I think the ribbed sections is to help out in gripping the pen. From my experience and from what I've read, smooth metal sections have a tendency to slip from someone's grip.

I have the 'nexus' Kickstarter pen by namisu.com - one of the other pens with a ribbed grip section. I find it quite comfortable to write with - though to be fair, the pen they're now selling via Massdrop (the Orion, https://www.massdrop.com/buy/namisu-orion) has fewer grooves, which are also a bit shallower, to make the pen "more comfortable to hold during long writing sessions". But that's another topic (maybe I should start another thread?)...

I had to back out of the kickstarter due to money issues...But I'm still sending some support his way!

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

$3.5k pledged, nearly 350 backers - less than 20 hours remaining to get on board with this Kickstarter project. Check it out, if you haven't done so already?

Okay, I'm in! Took the leap for copper, full-sized. Super excited, I love copper and have been considering the Kaweco Liliput, but just wished it wasn't a plain smooth shell. I already have the Fireblue so would prefer something with texture like the Brass Wave, but it's just not out there. Now I've found this I'm stoked! The grip will develop a nice contrast as it patinates. :D

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

• 2 weeks later...