Merlin Fountain Pens

Russianwolf

Some lovely pens here.... Never saw them in the wild.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Russianwolf

• amk

• RMN

• Azuniga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just recently learned of these Merlins. Kinda interested in the 33. Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction to acquire one? Doesn't need to be pristine, but I can deal with that too. I found one source in Europe that seemed to have bundle of them, but they're all sold out. Is there a run on these now than Pen Habit reviewed one? Appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks in advance.

How much do you expect to pay for one?

• 1 month later...

You know what. For me, the hunt is more important than keeping these in my collection. I think I'm goignt o let them go to homes that will finish their restorations and put them to work.

Look for mine in the Classifieds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, since I didn't sell my collection, I just added a Merlin Perfect to it.

s-l1600%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Since my pictures keep disappearing on here and I can't edit the old posts. Here is a link to the whole collection on my blog. http://mtsstudios.blogspot.com/2016/01/blog-post.html

Edited by Russianwolf

Well, since I didn't sell my collection, I just added a Merlin Perfect to it.

s-l1600%2B%25283%2529.jpg

Since my pictures keep disappearing on here and I can't edit the old posts. Here is a link to the whole collection on my blog. http://mtsstudios.blogspot.com/2016/01/blog-post.html

Apt name.

I wonder what you mean by your pictures disappearing?

Unless you are placing highly inappropriate pics ore very much copyrighted ones they stay here if you upload them to our Upload page.

If you link to an external webservice that stores pictures, a slight change in the organisation of that site, and therefore the URL for the pic, the picture will fail to show up.

D.ick

~

~

Apt name.

I wonder what you mean by your pictures disappearing?

Unless you are placing highly inappropriate pics ore very much copyrighted ones they stay here if you upload them to our Upload page.

If you link to an external webservice that stores pictures, a slight change in the organisation of that site, and therefore the URL for the pic, the picture will fail to show up.

D.ick

I think I put the earlier pics up through facebook. I don't remember, but I can't see the pics in the eralier posts any longer. None are copywritten to my knowledge (some are copies from the ebay auctions I got the pens from) and I own all the pens. lol.

But that blog will be there forever as far as I'm concerned.

There is a Merlin Elegant and Merlin Pearl up on ebay right now for $60 and $70 respectively OBO.

Edited by Russianwolf

I think I put the earlier pics up through facebook. I don't remember, but I can't see the pics in the eralier posts any longer. None are copywritten to my knowledge (some are copies from the ebay auctions I got the pens from) and I own all the pens. lol.

But that blog will be there forever as far as I'm concerned.

Pictures posted to FB disappear quickly. They are still there, but you'll have to search for them.

BTW there are 2 FPN FB groups. A hidden group FPN which has no ties with us, apart from the fact that the owners were enthusiastic members here, and the public group "Official FPN", which is lead by some of our moderators here.

There is no physical link between the Official FPN FBgroup and FPN forum.

So if you posted your pics there, you will not be able to find them here.

For placing pictures here, you can use the Upload tab and those pics are secure here.

D.ick

~

~

Can't read the imprint on this one in the picture, but I just purchased another Piston Filler Merlin.

s-l1600%2B%252822%2529.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can't read the imprint on this one in the picture, but I just purchased another Piston Filler Merlin.

s-l1600%2B%252822%2529.jpg

Finally arrived... This is a Merlin Select.

Another pair arriving today.

Merlin Elite in grey striped celluloid.

s-l1600%2B%252851%2529.jpg

And a Merlin Superior in a blue striated celluloid. This one is a cartridge filler, so 1960's?

s-l1600.jpg

How about a Merlin Promotional pen?

20160712_102705.jpg

20160712_102752.jpg

20160712_102733.jpg

I did find an imprint from Lecce Pen which is a known manufacturer of promotional pens in Europe, so maybe Merlin commissioned these for th Centraal Beheer Insurance Company.

• 2 weeks later...

And now I have this Merlin Diamond on the way from Germany. Piston Filler that I'm thinking will be similar in size to the Triumph

s-l1600%2B%252863%2529.jpg

Ah, I have you to curse for grabbing the one I wanted Russianwolf! :-)

Hope you enjoy it. It really looks lovely.

Hehehehe..... You should have figured it would be me. If it's a piston filler, you can bet I'll try to nab it. Button fillers, not quite as enthusiastic about.

Think I've become that particular seller's best buyer. lol

Honestly, that auction was scheduled to end while I was on a train (part of my daily commute) and right when its usually in an area where I have no signal. I'm luck I was able to bid when I did (10-15 minutes before). I usually wait for the last 10 seconds, but that was a no go for that one.

Edited by Russianwolf

Wel Rusianwolf, you're a lucky chap! I'll just have to swipe all the button fillers I see, and leave you the pistons, I reckon.

lol... I'm not saying I won't try for the buttons fillers, just that they don't move me as much. lol

I'm trying to gather as many different models as I can. Even going to send them to Andreas Lambrou, once I restore them, so that he can document them.

All the pictures and descriptions are here

http://mtsstudios.blogspot.com/

The Merlin Diamond was ,as I suspected, nearly identical to the Merlin Triumph.

I also purchased this promotional that, again, may be a Merlin project. Note the logo. "M" with globe in shield and topped by a crown. Very similar to the logo Merlin used on nibs and later on pens.

DSCF0566.JPG

DSCF0547.JPG

Then I received this little guy as a gift in the Diamond purchase. A Merlin Pencil. And I strongly suspect part of a set with my Merlin Perfect. You decide.

DSCF0557.JPG

DSCF0551.JPG

And here is the Perfect.. picture taken under different lighting... but... clip is similar design as are the type and number of rings and the material is a match.

s-l1600%2B%25289%2529.jpg