The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Can Anyone Id This Inkograph?

inkograph vintage id

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KreepyKen

KreepyKen

A Little Off

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2015 - 16:11

I picked up this beautiful brown and green Inkograph for $15 in a local Antique Mall yesterday, and I can't for the life of me figure out what model it is or what year-range it may have been manufactured in (mid 40s to early 50s maybe?).

This pen looks almost exactly like their Ink-D-Cator line, except that my pen is way more tapered at the ends of the barrel and cap. Also, the clip reads INK O GRAPH instead of INK D CATOR.

Does anyone know what model this is and when they manufactured them? Thanks!

inkograph_00.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 lallin

lallin

MO Penhead

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 00:21

This pen is post-WW2; I put it between 1947 and Inkograph's demise, around '52.  Dating the pen is based upon the clip design; Inkograph filed a design patent for it in '47, granted in early-'48.  Inkograph's print ads of the '40s show the previous clip design well into '47.  In mid-to-late '47, Inkograph ads became much less elaborate and did not illustrate whole pens, just the writing point, therefore are no longer helpful in dating a design.

#3 KreepyKen

KreepyKen

A Little Off

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:19

This pen is post-WW2; I put it between 1947 and Inkograph's demise, around '52.  Dating the pen is based upon the clip design; Inkograph filed a design patent for it in '47, granted in early-'48.  Inkograph's print ads of the '40s show the previous clip design well into '47.  In mid-to-late '47, Inkograph ads became much less elaborate and did not illustrate whole pens, just the writing point, therefore are no longer helpful in dating a design.

Thank you for the information! That's a lot more than I found on my own.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inkograph, vintage, id

Sponsored Content

|