The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Asa Gama Revolution (Ebonite Pen With C/c Or Ed Filling)

asa gama revolution indian ebonite eyedropper convertor

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 manp

manp

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:58

The pen should be returned to the seller at seller's expense for refit / replacement.

Sponsored Content

#22 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:43

OK, but this leads to another dilemma... This ED is greased at the section rings, so if I try to clean it with running water, won't the grease get in the barrel? or will it also get cleaned out? I was considering spraying water inside the barrel with a syringe to clean out the ink, but that leaves the feed vulnerable to clogging. 

what say?

Puzzled,

Tannu

:wacko: . Tannu - I hope you can get a pack of silicone grease (below) from your local hardware store. Goes by the name of metroark211. Suggest after cleaning the pen, you can apply the grease to the section threads with an earbud, before storing the pen.

PS: Feeling lazy now to start a new thread - sorry, Miles.

Best,

Sonik

IMG_3496_zpsutwmkegi.jpg

Edited by soniknitr, 21 July 2015 - 10:11.

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

#23 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:44

The pen should be returned to the seller at seller's expense for refit / replacement.

I would have asked the seller for replacement of the same, at least it should look symmetrical to the naked eye.

Edited by soniknitr, 21 July 2015 - 10:10.

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

#24 TanSha

TanSha

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2015 - 13:45

:wacko: . Tannu - I hope you can get a pack of silicone grease (below) from your local hardware store. Goes by the name of metroark211. Suggest after cleaning the pen, you can apply the grease to the section threads with an earbud, before storing the pen.

PS: Feeling lazy now to start a new thread - sorry, Miles.

Best,

Sonik

IMG_3496_zpsutwmkegi.jpg

I will try this... Many thanks for the advice.

and BTW, Miles, my apologies for hijacking the thread. 

#25 headrom

headrom

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2015 - 19:02

How much is for the pen? The material looks good. Cheer with you!
No pen is best pen.

#26 Miles R.

Miles R.

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2015 - 19:27

How much is for the pen? The material looks good. Cheer with you!

In the US, it's $50, but you should consult the seller's page, for which I provided a link at the beginning of my review.

#27 KublaiKhan

KublaiKhan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2016 - 00:21

Hi! Am seeing this post late in June 2016 but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. The pen you bought costs about 1000 rupees in India (with the stock nib, of course). That's about $15 US at today's rate. I have two of these originals - one glossy and one matte, which with occasional cleaning and otherwise regular use, have given me endless pages of reliable writing. It is meant to be a sturdy, easy writer for regular, non-fancy use. Something to throw into a bag or a pouch and pulled out as needed. Most Indian pens are, unless they are boutique pens of some sort. This is not a boutique pen. None of the Gamas are, the handmade-ness and the upgraded nib (in your case) notwithstanding. At $15, I would not expect or care in the least about absolute symmetry, as I would about sturdiness and reliability, primarily. I do sympathize with your predicament, in that your expectation of a $50 pen wasn't satisfied by this (basically $15) pen. What you got was a $15 pen, upgraded with a $5-10nib, a $5-10 packaging and mailing, and a $20 profit to the seller. Forgive me, if I take this opportunity to warn everyone (friendly warning, of course) not to expect too much out of Indian pens repackaged and sold internationally with fancy names and a whiff of the exotic, since upgrades and marketing changeth not the pen's original rustic character. Buyer beware. Cheers!

#28 Miles R.

Miles R.

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:10

Hi! Am seeing this post late in June 2016 but thought I'd add my 2 cents worth. The pen you bought costs about 1000 rupees in India (with the stock nib, of course). That's about $15 US at today's rate. I have two of these originals - one glossy and one matte, which with occasional cleaning and otherwise regular use, have given me endless pages of reliable writing. It is meant to be a sturdy, easy writer for regular, non-fancy use. Something to throw into a bag or a pouch and pulled out as needed. Most Indian pens are, unless they are boutique pens of some sort. This is not a boutique pen. None of the Gamas are, the handmade-ness and the upgraded nib (in your case) notwithstanding. At $15, I would not expect or care in the least about absolute symmetry, as I would about sturdiness and reliability, primarily. I do sympathize with your predicament, in that your expectation of a $50 pen wasn't satisfied by this (basically $15) pen. What you got was a $15 pen, upgraded with a $5-10nib, a $5-10 packaging and mailing, and a $20 profit to the seller. Forgive me, if I take this opportunity to warn everyone (friendly warning, of course) not to expect too much out of Indian pens repackaged and sold internationally with fancy names and a whiff of the exotic, since upgrades and marketing changeth not the pen's original rustic character. Buyer beware. Cheers!

Thanks, Fpnat0, for providing a local perspective on the pen. Yes, the pen would have been a fair deal at $20 to $25 plus the cost of shipping. I guess I was seduced by the "whiff of the exotic"!

#29 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:08

the current prices should hover around 35 to 40 usd which includes nib upgrade and paypal charges and shipping and packaging charges...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asa, gama, revolution, indian, ebonite, eyedropper, convertor

Sponsored Content

|