Should A Non-Millionaire Buy A Visconti Millionaire?

Drawing61

Wish I had not seen this. I would actually like two, one in brown the other in green. I see Chatterly luxuries has the brown listed at 950, same pen on ebay 1950, quite a variation in price. Either way they are out of my range now that I am semi retired.

Regards

Jeff

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jkingrph

• Tancred

• Ghost Plane

• Drawing61

When I visited the Visconti flagship store in Florence last October, I was kindly shown the four Millionaire pens. It is no mean feat to turn real marble into such thin-walled barrels and caps. Here they are.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae33/mchenart/IMG_0305_zpsobolft5y.jpg

Yep now they are in my price range!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I guess the past year has not been kind to the sale of "Millionaire" pens; 75% reduction in price would hurt my feelings if I had purchased one when released. I do think they are beautiful pens; imagine having all 4 colors for the price of ONE pen, when previously released!

Bryant's special price is for the fountain pen without the roller ball segment. Still, I've had my eye on this pen for months and he has me thinking. $500 less than his previous price. A rollerball sure isn't worth $500 to me!

I like the green and the brown, but the color variation in the brown wins out for me.

Regards

Jeff

If I read Chatterly right, all they have left is medium nibs. That leaves me (and Ghost Plane?) with a much easier decision .....

$495 is a true giveaway price for the pen - I have just bought the ivory and the black one; beautiful pens to be sure. The rollerball section is practically worthless to me - I would pay no more than $50 for it.

Pretty as a display item in a glass case. But a pen that won't survive being dropped onto the floor is not worth much as a practical item. :)

Most of the pens I cherish wouldn't survive that abuse. That's why I had replaceable brass-bodied pens for out in the hangar. My normal surrounds are more civilized.

Pretty as a display item in a glass case. But a pen that won't survive being dropped onto the floor is not worth much as a practical item. :)

A couple of the Italian pen dealers state that Visconti will repace or repair any parts "in case of any and all accidental damage"

I tried posting links but it did not work.

Regards

Jeff

I plunged for the Honey version... and just received it. Surprisingly light uncapped.

I justified it to myself as a nice "different" material to own a fp in...... And the spectacular price drop.

I'm waiting for mine in Forest Brown - I'm really excited to have it in my hands soon -

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

A couple of the Italian pen dealers state that Visconti will repace or repair any parts "in case of any and all accidental damage"

I tried posting links but it did not work.

I purchased a green Visconti Millionaire about 8 months ago and they do come with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser to fix or replace marble that is cracked or broken. It really is a gorgeous pen, but sadly I don't use it as much as I would like for a pen this expensive. I was looking to sell it, but now that there are such steep discounts it seems that I won't get nearly what I paid for it, so I may keep it.

I just became a Millionaire, thanks to Bryant! One thing I hadn't noticed was that the feed matches the Ivory resin on the rest of the pen - until inked, then you'll never forget what's inside ...post-23341-0-58751600-1472549873_thumb.jpgpost-23341-0-32292500-1472549897_thumb.jpg

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

How many did they make? I liked the brown so well I ordered the green, the numbering on both is 133/988.

Regards

Jeff