The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Cross Click Ink Leak!

cross click ink leak rollerball

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 atc729

atc729

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2015 - 14:25

Hey everyone. I have a Cross click and recently put a new refill in it. I used to always keep it in my shirt pocket and never had any problems with it leaking. I put a new refill in it aoubt 2 days ago and now when I pull it out, there is ink all around the tip and when I first write, I get a glob of ink on the paper. I pulled it out of my pocket just now and the tip was black because there was so much ink. It made the pen a mess! (sorry no pictures, I cleaned it up before I thought to post on here). Do any of you have any idea what might be causing this and why this refill seems to be so much differently behaved than the refill that came in the pen?

Sponsored Content

#2 usk15

usk15

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 17:42

I had a similar problem with a gel refill in a KarasKustom Retrakt, the tip of refill being too long and getting out touching the interior of the shirt pocket. The refill leak out till I find out what was... :headsmack:

Another time I forget to retract the refill (left in a shirt pocket) from a Pilot G2 Limited and as well was leak inside till I realize what I've done.

The action was like a FP, capillary action dragging out the ink onto shirt material...

#3 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 17:52

I hope there has been no damage to the pen.  Since it has been functioning previously, I must suspect that something is different.  First suspect is poor sealing.  Pull the cartridge and examine it for defects.  Flush and clean the nib and section thoroughly.  This is always the first remedy to try, as it costs nothing.  

If this is your first summer with a fountain pen,  I must warn that warming of the ink reservoir causes expansion, especially any air in the cartridge.  You are, of course, carrying the fountain pen nib up. Right ?  

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#4 atc729

atc729

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:23

I hope there has been no damage to the pen.  Since it has been functioning previously, I must suspect that something is different.  First suspect is poor sealing.  Pull the cartridge and examine it for defects.  Flush and clean the nib and section thoroughly.  This is always the first remedy to try, as it costs nothing.  

If this is your first summer with a fountain pen,  I must warn that warming of the ink reservoir causes expansion, especially any air in the cartridge.  You are, of course, carrying the fountain pen nib up. Right ?  

It's actually not a fountain pen, it's a retractable rollerball pen. But it will be my first summer with fountain pens and this particular pen as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cross, click, ink, leak, rollerball

Sponsored Content

|