Sketch Nib ?

Mangrove Jack

I bought this nib and fitted it in my M200 demonstrator more out of curiosity than need.

It writes an EF line (Pelikan width) and is just nice - not too wet to too dry.

What is a Sketch nib ? Any information on this is appreciated.post-120354-0-80183800-1436804176_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mangrove Jack

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mangrove Jack

• sargetalon

• christof

• fly_us

That's the first that I've seen a nib labeled "sketch." Can you give us a peak at the tipping underneath?

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

That's the first that I've seen a nib labeled "sketch." Can you give us a peak at the tipping underneath?

post-120354-0-67327500-1436889651_thumb.jpgpost-120354-0-09685900-1436889568_thumb.jpgpost-120354-0-35612200-1436889618_thumb.jpgpost-120354-0-24394900-1436889684_thumb.jpgpost-120354-0-88045900-1436889554_thumb.jpg

Interesting. Doesn't seem like anything beyond a standard EF nib. My thoughts would mirror Christof's here. Perhaps something for the MC110 or 120.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Seem like a normal EF. How does it feels when writing?

Or maybe someone genius marketeers just think about put a new label and sell it in art shop and make some money.

Thanks. It writes very much like the normal EF steel nib (which it probably is). It is a perfect fit in the M200. I would like to keep it in my M200 demonstrator, as I prefer it to the stock nib, but being silver in colour and the pen having gold trim - I am having second thoughts.

Depends on from when it is. The nib has the American Bump Under...rounder than the half faltened 120'sschool kid bump under nib.

The nibs of the '50-65 are flat and stubbish.

It like the 'normal' American Bump Under nibs takes away the stubbishness.That allows a simpler line.

What sort of flex does it have, nail...regular flex or semi-flex or even Steno?

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Bo Bo,

Comparing this nib, which is EF, with the standard gold plated Pelikan M200 EF nib I observe the following:

1. Very similar flex ( which is not much really).

2. It writes a similar diameter line too.

3. It's tipping is uniformly long as it is wide. ie it is as wide as it is long almost like a ball in shape. The gold plated M200 nib tipping is longer than it is wide like most nibs.

4. It is noticeably smoother than all three of my other Pelikan EF nibs, in fact it is one of the smoothest fine nibs I have used.

It is now my second favourite EF nib, next to my Namiki EF nib.