The Super Duper Co-Razy Parker Penman Sapphire - Blue - Comparisons Psp

amberleadavis

Recently, DCWaites sent me a sample of Faux Parker Penman Sapphire #9, and a matching sample of the real Parker Penman Sapphire. I inked up a MB 149 on loan to me from fellow FPNer, Steve D. I then wrote 40 pages for this CRV.

So, here's the plan,

Send $5 to Sinistral1 as a GIFT to cover the shipping costs. Be sure to send your address so that I know where to send the package.

I will mail to you the following:

• 1 Sample of Blue ink - NOT PPS.
  • 1 Paper with my writing sample of PPS.
  • 4 Sheets Fountain Pen Friendly Paper
  • 1 Postage Prepaid return label.

You write or doodle with the blue that I send you and any other blue inks you want. Scan or photograph your comparison sheet and then mail the original back to me in a regular envelope. The remaining ink and sheets are yours to keep. Though you can feel free to send back the sheets with doodles for other CRVs.

The goal is for us to compare at least 40 different Blue inks to the grail ink - PPS.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dcwaites

• Tas

• Luma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is one comparison:

fpn_1436566288__20150710_150925.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

OH - we can do this a different way too. If you aren't in the CONUS or you have lots of blue ink, then send Sinistral1 $1.25, and you choose your own ink. Let us know what ink that will be. I'll send you the 5 sheets of paper (1 with the writing sample). You pay for return postage on the sheet.

Amberlea - I'll sign up for the second option. I have lots of blue ink, and I once had a sample of PPS (the real thing). Plus I made a batch of faux PPS #9 from the recipe. But I'm really curious as to how my ink compares to what you have, so this looks like an ideal way for me to play. Especially since some of your scans have given me some ideas that suggest other inks may also compare well with PPS. And for that I need a sheet with some of the real thing put down on it! I will send the 1.25 by Paypal tomorrow.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Woo Hoo. I am so excited!

I seem to have instigated this, so let me be the first to contribute

fpn_1436615543__corazy1.jpg

The paper is Double A white copy paper, which is available in Aus, and a number of places in the US, as well as South East Asia (it does come from Thailand, after all). If you want some, Amber, let me know and I will send a few sheets along with the original sample.

As usual, click on the image to get a large-size view.

PS, I was watching the film 'Rebecca', and this inspired me to use the first couple of paragraphs of the novel for my sample. That opening sentence is just welded into my brain. I don't know why.

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

The first three are so close together, at least in the scan they are. And frankly, I think the American blue is an even better match than the faux #9 - I am going to test it out today to see if that holds up in real life... Thanks for the writing samples! and thanks for the faux PPS, it's a really nice ink.

Amberlea - Payment sent.

Wow, I could only tell that the Pilot wasn't vibrant enough.

Wow, I could only tell that the Pilot wasn't vibrant enough.

Yes it's a good ink, somewhat water resistant, lots of shading, but booorinnnggg

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Amberlea - Payment sent.

And your paper is off to visit the world.

fpn_1436742717__2015-pps-01.jpg

Halloween -

Your paper is on it's way too!

fpn_1436742799__2015-pps-02.jpg

So far - two contenders - DCWaites of course started this adventure so he may end up being the final judge.

1. MHGuda
  2. HalloweenHJB

:D Looking forward to the comparisons... I may make up a new faux #9 batch and see how well it fares with being stored! In addition to the other blues.

Thanks Tas!!!

fpn_1436807990__2015-pps-03.jpg

DCWaites of course started this adventure so he may end up being the final judge.

1. MHGuda
  2. HalloweenHJB
  3. Tas
  4. Sciencechick - PR Tropical Blue

OH - we can do this a different way too. If you aren't in the CONUS or you have lots of blue ink, then send Sinistral1 $1.25, and you choose your own ink. Let us know what ink that will be. I'll send you the 5 sheets of paper (1 with the writing sample). You pay for return postage on the sheet.

I have lots of blue inks so I am in.

Let me paypal her right now. Payment sent.

Edited by fireant

I don't have many blues but I have the real deals (samples) so I am in but I don't need more samples sent!

Science Chick

fpn_1436820359__2015-pps-04.jpg

For the TWINS!!!

fpn_1436821824__2015-pps-05.jpgfpn_1436821902__2015-pps-06.jpg