The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How To Engrave A Bottom

parker51 kullock desk pen bottom brass engrave

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alexcat

Alexcat

Lost in space

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:20

I got a 'pen part'.....the base of a Parker 51 desk pen, brass bottom: Im wondering what the possibilities of having something engraved on it(ie the pens bottom, rather than my own: though age and gravity have taken their toll on my own, and it would allow more area to work on, I draw the line - no pun intended....this whole topic is daft enough without my adding to it.....though it's written to try to keep my spirits and sense of humour up, as the last couple if months have been very difficult....)

Anyway, any suggestions? Pictures shown. It's a nice thing in any case - I have one already, complete with pen....beautiful, black, 'snail' turned pattern on the pen, and is a sweet writer and so comfortable. Hence I was wondering if this could have something engraved. I doubt if it's something one can do at home....or is it?

Aleximage.jpg image.jpg
"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:34

If the bottom is just plated and not solid gold it is unlikely anything could be engraved.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker51, kullock, desk pen, bottom, brass, engrave

Sponsored Content

|