Dallas Pen Show 2015

box_camera

Only engraved calling cards will be accepted. :rolleyes:

That should be a given. Who doesn't have engraved calling cards? We are civilized, aren't we? ;)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• TXKat

• PAKMAN

• Fuzzy_Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This will only be my second pen show and will be staying Thursday night (maybe friday but won't know for sure until later). Would be great to meet some of you and put faces with names.

This will only be my second pen show and will be staying Thursday night (maybe friday but won't know for sure until later). Would be great to meet some of you and put faces with names.

Looking forward to seeing you there. Everyone PLEEEZE make a name tag with your FPN name in letters big enough for us old geezers to read, and don't wear it on a lanyard--it'll just get turned around.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I'll drag ScienceChick to the tattoo parlor this evening. Think they'll do a chicken on her forehead?
:wub:

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Does anyone know if there will be any workshops?

The announcement card that arrived this week mentions "seminars," but there are no details--none on the web site either.

I got two, one day before yesterday, and one yesterday.

I got two, one day before yesterday, and one yesterday.

So did I. I've decided that means they really want us there.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

So did I. I've decided that means they really want us there.

Or that you should um... *cough*... invite a friend... *cough*? Hahaha

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I just tried to make a reservation at the pen show hotel for the special rate and was told none were available. They offered an alternative of a suite at over $400 per night! or a reservaton at a different hotel. The pen show website implies that the special pen show rate is available until September 11. Perhaps a pen show organizer might check?

Perhaps someone might offer suggestions of hotels they have used and can therefore recomend.

I just tried to make a reservation at the pen show hotel for the special rate and was told none were available. They offered an alternative of a suite at over $400 per night! or a reservaton at a different hotel. The pen show website implies that the special pen show rate is available until September 11. Perhaps a pen show organizer might check?

Perhaps someone might offer suggestions of hotels they have used and can therefore recomend.

I have run into this problem before. To be honest, they should say that only a certain number of rooms are available at the lower rate, and once those rooms are reserved, even if the deadline has not been reached, there will be no more. This why, whenever I go to events like this, I always make hotel reservations very early. You might contact the show organizer and see if they can intercede for you.

I haven't stayed in any other hotels in this area. You might check on TripAdvisor.com to see if they recommend any. Search for "Hotels near Galleria Dallas."

I booked only Thursday night since not sure on the list of "seminars." Can't plan a second night on a possibility of seminars. I book straight from the hotel site and not the discounted rate and was about the same.

I am hoping to attend. If I can make it, this will be my first pen show. If I make it, I'll have a friend who has not yet opted to join FPN with me. We're co-enablers on our pen purchases, so this may be a dangerous trip for our budgets...

Sadly, I just had a meeting dropped on to my calendar for Saturday, so it looks like a day-trip only for me.

Current Daily Carry: Pilot Custom 743 with 14k Posting nib (Sailor Kiwa-Guro), Sailor 1911L Realo Champagne with 21k Extra Fine nib (Sailor Tokiwa-Matsu). Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne (Diamine Syrah), Nakaya Portable Writer Midori with 14k Extra Extra Fine nib (Lamy Peridot), Pilot Vanishing Point Stealth Black with Extra Fine nib unit (Pilot Blue Black), a dozen Nockco DotDash index cards of various sizes and a Traveler's Notebook.

Does anyone know if any vendors sell KWZI inks at the show?

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Vanness does and they are usually at the show. They also sell Akkerman ink!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Does anyone know if any vendors sell KWZI inks at the show?

Vanness from Little Rock should be there, along with every bottle of KWZI they can get their hands on. Don't delay, though--it'll fly off the shelves.

Vanness does and they are usually at the show. They also sell Akkerman ink!

Vanness from Little Rock should be there, along with every bottle of KWZI they can get their hands on. Don't delay, though--it'll fly off the shelves.

Thanks.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Does anyone know if there will be any workshops?

Susan Wirth does one, and they usually have some type of repair class. They don't do much publicity which makes it difficult to know until the last minute.

See yall there!

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

Danny Fudge will be there again repairing vintage pens! He's found a great many wonderful pens to sell for this show and I have a big pile that I am letting loose including a great LE Duofold. We will probably be in the little room just inside the door again this year. I'll have my FPN name on my lanyard badge but you can't miss me on Friday because I'll look just like my avatar here on FPN with my red Hawaiian shirt on (if it holds up for another year!)

Just can't wait to see all of our Dallas pen show friends!!! We have our hotel reservations and I am chomping at the bit for some Dallas Pen Show fun!

See you there but not before! Mike will be at the store for the Ar Pen club meeting, but Lisa will be gone to buy stuff for the store....

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938