Dallas Pen Show 2015

box_camera

What's the 'big' room? Lord willing, this will be my first pen show.

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• TXKat

• PAKMAN

• Fuzzy_Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hallway has registration and silent auction

First room: vendors, pen repair, more silent auction

Next small room: vendors

BIG room: *WOW* Don't let it overwhelm you as there is SO MUCH STUFF!!! The knowledge is amazing and the conversation is just as good. Sometimes there is a freebie or two. Just lots of fun to visit, learn and shop!

They have free sessions throughout the day that are announced in the big room, so you know. These are held just down the hall from the Registration table. ($5 entry fee)

It will be fun!! See ya there!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Danny Fudge will be there again repairing vintage pens! He's found a great many wonderful pens to sell for this show and I have a big pile that I am letting loose including a great LE Duofold. We will probably be in the little room just inside the door again this year. I'll have my FPN name on my lanyard badge but you can't miss me on Friday because I'll look just like my avatar here on FPN with my red Hawaiian shirt on (if it holds up for another year!)

Just can't wait to see all of our Dallas pen show friends!!! We have our hotel reservations and I am chomping at the bit for some Dallas Pen Show fun!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Sweet!! Er, what all is Danny bringing? (Don't let ScienceChick know I might buy more vintage pens...she'll kill me).

It will be great to see you again!!! Convertible this year?

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

What's the 'big' room? Lord willing, this will be my first pen show.

Just walk through *every* doorway you see. You'll know it when you see it.

Sweet!! Er, what all is Danny bringing? (Don't let ScienceChick know I might buy more vintage pens...she'll kill me).

Too late! :D

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Room booked, registration mailed. Pens getting in shape for sales, extra repair supplies in hand or ordered. I guess I'm about ready for Dallas! Yeehaw!

Regards,

danny

writepenbanner.gif.3b32962e78b1a1ac0464819a5bdfe0b8.gif

When is the show?

There's a link at the start of the topic with all the info. It's the last weekend in September.

Keepers of private notebooks are a different breed altogether, lonely and resistant rearrangers of things, anxious malcontents, children afflicted apparently at birth with some presentiment of loss. Joan Didion

It will be great to see you again!!! Convertible this year?

I haven't heard exactly what he has to bring but he has loaded up with quite a few pens lately that will be coming to Dallas. I have a pen folder about half full of pens I'll be moving along at Dallas including a sweet Parker LE True Blue.

I took the black Vette that I had last year to the show and it got very grungy from the Dallas construction and the sprinklers at the hotel. I haven't decided yet on taking the '14 convertible to the show yet, but it sure would make the trip down much more fun!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Oh I can hardly wait for this! I'm saving gas by taking the Megabus from Houston Thursday morning, and hopefully staying with friends. I'm looking forward to having a nibmeister check some of my pens, the classes, networking with new friends, and of course the pens!

...so how many more days?...

...who's counting??!...

...somebody has to be...

Flounder?? I mean, jmccarty3? :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

I'm flying home from the DC show today, but still looking forward to the Dallas show.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

~ Dean Wormer

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Is this a pretty friendly environment for someone new to the hobby? I've never been to a pen show before, but I'm really hoping to go to this one. Just got into fountain pens a few months ago and I'm loving every minute of it.

"It's our choices that show who we really are, far more than our abilities." - J.K. Rowling

From novice to expert, the Dallas show has it all! You will love it!

PAKMAN

Do I need to bring cash or would most vendors accept debit or check?

"It's our choices that show who we really are, far more than our abilities." - J.K. Rowling

Do I need to bring cash or would most vendors accept debit or check?

A lot of the vendors take plastic of some flavor but bring some cash. I think I remember an ATM in the hotel but can't swear to that.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

You should come, definitely. The Dallas show is very friendly. Most vendors like cash, but many will accept a check. More of them are now accepting credit and debit cards with those little things that attach to a cell phone that you can use to swipe a card. I'm set up to do that, and many of us can accept PayPal as well.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

if i remember correctly there was an ATM in the hallway between the front desk and the rooms the pen show will be held in

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I don't know if it will make any difference, but note that traffic may be heavier than usual that weekend as it is the start of the State Fair of Texas!

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)