Dallas Pen Show 2015

box_camera

Is there really no topic yet for this? Come on people, it's less than 3 months away! I'm taking my vacation that week, I'm spending most of it in Dauphin Island, Alabama but I'm going to come to the show on Friday and overnight in Dallas before heading home. Who else plans to attend?

Info is here: http://www.dallaspenshow.com/

Keepers of private notebooks are a different breed altogether, lonely and resistant rearrangers of things, anxious malcontents, children afflicted apparently at birth with some presentiment of loss. Joan Didion

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• TXKat

• PAKMAN

• Fuzzy_Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of us are slackers and we wait for our cards to show up in the mail. But, if i remember correctly, last year the cards were really late. This is a good reminder!

It's always fun in my opinion, but I always come home with more than I intended to buy, lol. Make sure you are 'prepared'!

I know there are a few of us that will be attending for sure, just haven't posted anything official.

I'm going!! :thumbup:

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

I've already put together a nice selection of pens that I plan to sell and have about $700 cash put back for the show! I am more than ready!!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I will be there. Driving up either late Thursday night or early Friday morning and will be there til Sunday. Will have some money to shop with, but not near as much as PAKMAN. Will certainly see PAKMAN and a few others again this year. Whee.....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm thinking about heading up from Austin. Are there any seminars/conference type meetings at the show to learn new stuff?

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

I will be there for the whole show. Does anyone know whether the Thursday night gathering is open to anyone, or is it just for exhibitors?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I think the GTG on Thursday is only for exhibitors. PAKMAN can speak to that for sure. I'm just guessing.

Yes, there are seminars and 'classes' you can attend and they are well worth sitting in on. There is a silent auction with lots of interesting pens and pen related items to bid on, too.

Susan Wirth is usually there with a slew of lovely, flexy, yummy pens to try and/or buy! She's always a hoot!

Danny Fudge said he will be attending, so he'll be fixing.

Tons of wonderful vendors/exhibitors and there is never a lack of great conversation...anywhere!

It's always a fun time! This year, we need to figure out a BETTER way of everyone identifying themselves from FPN (if they want us to know...)! Met up with some great people last year, but we also missed some. Darn! :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Looking forward to it, I hope to be more friendly this year and not feel like a scared rabbit in this large gathering.

Grace and peace to you

:)

<snip>

It's always a fun time! This year, we need to figure out a BETTER way of everyone identifying themselves from FPN (if they want us to know...)! Met up with some great people last year, but we also missed some. Darn! :D

maybe we need to do some sort of name tags

Looking forward to it again.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I'll definitely be there! Watch out for me, TXKat and jmccarty3 - we're dangerous! ;)

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

maybe we need to do some sort of name tags

ScienceChick and I had duct tape name tags last year, lol! :lticaptd: That's probably why no one introduced themselves, hahahaha! Really looking forward to the show again this year!

Does anyone know if the Pelikan Hub event is going to be going on in congunction with the Dallas Pen Show or if we are going to have to split our time elsewhere?

Edited by TXKat

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

The Pelikan Hub will be on Friday night during the Pen Show, but I haven't gotten any info on location.

I was thinking of the following for a name tag:

My ΔΤΧ name is Flounder,

but my FPN name is

jmccarty3

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I just registered for Pelikan hubs. hopefully it will be at e same lication, maybe in one of the rooms where they have the seminars on Saturday

I've never been before, and my fountain pen interest is relatively new, so I'm especially looking forward to going.

Hmmm, thinking I might need to do a new BSB shirt. :D

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

The Thursday night get together is open to anyone who wished to attend. In the room down the hall to the left of the front desk I'm told.

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

I plan to attend...been waiting way too long for this...

Last year I didn't find the "big" room until I basically had to leave! Was very disappointing to know I missed so much. Just had my eyes and nose pointed down at those pens; should have looked around at my surroundings a little more, lol.