New Pelikan M800 - Burnt Orange

amerigo_i

Hi everyone, great colors for the M800, the pen looks pretty.

Great Pelikan launch in 2015.

By the way, nobody knows nothing about the 4th pen in the M101N series?, there will be a 4th M101N around finish 2015? or 2016?, someone idea of appareal in afirmative case?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmanila

• Calabria

• Iguana Sell

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i've just put in my order with novelli, for delivery to the US in about 60 days, for a very reasonable price. if you folks want in early on this pen, you might want to reserve early as well. (i chose mine with an italic nib, for a change.)

Check out my blog and my pens

Pelikan no longer produces stock italic nibs though. Or does this edition come with one?

Information on this realease is still a little lacking until we hear from Pelikan themselves but from what I could find, the standard nib offerings of EF, F, M, and B seem to be what we will see with the burnt orange. Individual retailers may have access to italic nibs though and can offer those upon request. That's how I got my M800 brown tortoise fitted with an IB nib.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

anyways it has been confirmed....

but still blue o blue is not completely opaque it has some transparency to it and you get an idea of ink level.

from the pics the burnt orange looks opaque.... guess we would have to wait and watch....

also I have no idea why all the companies are going after this combination ....

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/CFP/classic-fountain-pens-sailor-pro-gear-realo-black-orange-limited-edition-featured.jpg

when I see this combination mb Hemmingway comes to mind.

http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Japanese/i-KXgRbkt/0/M/IMG_2852-M.jpg

Well, that would be your answer. I passed up on the Hemingway twice since at the time, the price tag seemed exorbitant (I was still in school). It's the only pen I regret not getting, and I think a lot of other people feel that way. Still, I'm not going to go for a similar looking pen. If a Hemingway out there finds its way to me, that would be a different story...

Btw the Hemingway wasn't orange/black, but a deep burnt orange and kind of ebony/brown black.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

it was one of the options offered by novelli, so i'm assuming they have the nibs in stock and will replace whatever comes with the pen. they confirmed my order for an orange M800 with an italic nib, so unless they tell me their italics are all gone, i'll assume they still have them. if they don't, no big deal, i'll ask for a B or an F.

Pelikan no longer produces stock italic nibs though. Or does this edition come with one?

Check out my blog and my pens

So is this just an acrylic very pretty orange bind on a brown body M800? I wish it had some transparency and may be some ink windows of cool design ( say circular, for example). That would be a classic IMHO....

Edited by Pendel

Well, I'm always game for adding another M8XX to my collection, provided it has a nib I don't already have and a body/cap color I don't already have. This certainly qualifies on the second spec, and nibs are easy.

I think it's very attractive, and I'll have to keep a tight rein on my checkbook.

I just wish Pelican would offer some more variations on the M1XXX, which would be an even greater test of my resistance quotient.

Darn you Pelikan. First a gray pen and now this? What's next, Mandarin?

(Or more to the point, I'm in.)

I'm curious if this is a special release for Italy. I'm currently on vacation here and am noticing a wave of terra cotta colored things - could the new Pelikan release be termed terra cotta? Or am I just having jet lagged visions of the original Safari pen?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Great, another limited edition M800. Doesn't Pelikan know that I like M800s and feel compelled to buy every one of these? I still haven't gotten the demonstrator with the labels. Now I have to put another pen on my list. When will this ever end?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Great, another limited edition M800. Doesn't Pelikan know that I like M800s and feel compelled to buy every one of these?

Oh, they know... And that is why they keep releasing them :).

I have the same problem. Fortunately for me, after buying the M805 clear demo I realized that my OCD wins by landslide over my compulsion to collect: I just can't deal with demonstrators! This took 3 pens out of my list at once, the M805 with etchings, the M800 clear and the M1005 clear. I'm quite happy that for the first time OCD works in my favor :D .

Oh, they know... And that is why they keep releasing them :).

I have the same problem. Fortunately for me, after buying the M805 clear demo I realized that my OCD wins by landslide over my compulsion to collect: I just can't deal with demonstrators! This took 3 pens out of my list at once, the M805 with etchings, the M800 clear and the M1005 clear. I'm quite happy that for the first time OCD works in my favor :D .

I just hope they don't tell MB. I only have one Writers' Edition, the Hemingway. The rest of them never did anything for me. But the Bourdeaux 144 and 146, that's another story. And if they made a 149 in Bordeaux . . .

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Information on this realease is still a little lacking until we hear from Pelikan themselves but from what I could find, the standard nib offerings of EF, F, M, and B seem to be what we will see with the burnt orange. Individual retailers may have access to italic nibs though and can offer those upon request. That's how I got my M800 brown tortoise fitted with an IB nib.

Absolutely right, Pelikan provides this edition with EF,F,M and B nibs. I had a couple of Italic nibs that I assigned to my customers who wanted to reserve the burnt orange with the ITB. Hopefully I will get more ITB before September when the pen will be delivered but in the meantime I have an OB and an OM that can be used on an M800. If anyone is interested I can pre-order it with one of those nibs.

visit us at Novelli.it

Absolutely right, Pelikan provides this edition with EF,F,M and B nibs. I had a couple of Italic nibs that I assigned to my customers who wanted to reserve the burnt orange with the ITB. Hopefully I will get more ITB before September when the pen will be delivered but in the meantime I have an OB and an OM that can be used on an M800. If anyone is interested I can pre-order it with one of those nibs.

And THAT is why those of us have experienced YOUR "service" think you are as GREAT as we do! I will also have to commend Regina Martini for making it possible for me to have an OBB nib for a recently purchased Pelikan M600 white tortoise. BOTH of you should be examples for other dealers instead of their attitude of "one size fits all!" AND somehow I enjoy the feeling that both of you may enjoy larger sales revenue than those who choose NOT to offer their customers a "choice" & make their purchase "what they want."

I suspect your attention & service are a large part of your success in a business existing since 1951!

I just hope they don't tell MB. I only have one Writers' Edition, the Hemingway. The rest of them never did anything for me. But the Bourdeaux 144 and 146, that's another story. And if they made a 149 in Bordeaux . . .

The 146 Bourdeaux would be a nice pair with M600 Bourdeaux Old Style.

And THAT is why those of us have experienced YOUR "service" think you are as GREAT as we do! I will also have to commend Regina Martini for making it possible for me to have an OBB nib for a recently purchased Pelikan M600 white tortoise. BOTH of you should be examples for other dealers instead of their attitude of "one size fits all!" AND somehow I enjoy the feeling that both of you may enjoy larger sales revenue than those who choose NOT to offer their customers a "choice" & make their purchase "what they want."

I suspect your attention & service are a large part of your success in a business existing since 1951!

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate.

visit us at Novelli.it

Nice colours, especially it is rather different from the available options for the whole Pelikan Sovereign lineup.

But somehow this does not really calls out to me... :unsure: