New Pelikan M800 - Burnt Orange

amerigo_i

Hello everyone, I just signed up to FPN as I discovered this Pelikan Souveran M800 Burnt Orange in an Italian web store.

Available in september 2015, it is listed as polished orange with dark brown finish.

I don't know if it was previously announced, it's very gorgeous and I'm looking forward to see it in person.

http://i60.tinypic.com/149ppxc.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmanila

• Calabria

• Iguana Sell

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you sure that It is a genuine announcement....

to me the image looks fake simply because there is no ink window...

Beautiful colors, but I already own several Delta Dolcevitas, with a similar orange a dominant color in all of them but a few. Thus, I'll probably pass on this one.

Welcome to FPN... Hope the site can bring you many hours of enjoyment.

Good point vikrmbedi, the pen is listed as new alongside the M205 Amethyst.

The source is a well respected physical and online shop. We'll see.

This is another photo from Facebook about it... It does look like brown resin cap, section and knob, matching the Tortoiseshell M800.

Edited by risingsun

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

That's a really nice looking pen. I haven't heard anything about it but that doesn't mean anything either. I'd be surprised to see another M8xx pen released this year. To me that would seem to take away from sales of the M805's already new for 2015. This would have gold trim though which appeals more to some. Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it come out but the pen budget is way overblown already this year with all the new releases.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Kind of reminds me of a custom binde that I once saw from Chris Burton.

fpn_1435940303__image.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Pelikan asked the authorized dealers to publish the M800 burnt orange online starting from August 1st but, since somebody else is already offering them I happy to open the reservations.

http://www.novelli.it/images/penne/2147464791.jpg

they will be delivered in September/October 2015 but, considering how quick Pelikan sold out the tortoise edition I suggest everybody to reserve a piece with the preferred nib size, EF,F,M and B.

Please CLICK HERE

or visit my Facebook profile for any further information.

Marco

Novelli Pens

novelli@novelli.it

Edited by novelli

visit us at Novelli.it

Beautiful!

The Pelikan 800 Blue-o-Blue doesn't have an ink window.

post-5351-0-31093600-1435943926.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I love this color scheme. HOT. Especially with the 2 tone nib. Goodness. M800 is my favorite Pelikan too.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

Well, this confirms all the rumors we had seen here

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/280498-new-model-tease-for-2015/page-3

I was really hoping for the orange to have a pattern like the one we see in the M600 ruby or like the M800 Blue-o-Blue, instead of a solid orange. I would also prefer that it had an ink window, but that is not a deal breaker form me. It is still a good looking pen and I'll probably have to save my pennies for it, since the M800 is also my favorite pen.

anyways it has been confirmed....

but still blue o blue is not completely opaque it has some transparency to it and you get an idea of ink level.

from the pics the burnt orange looks opaque.... guess we would have to wait and watch....

also I have no idea why all the companies are going after this combination ....

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/CFP/classic-fountain-pens-sailor-pro-gear-realo-black-orange-limited-edition-featured.jpg

when I see this combination mb Hemmingway comes to mind.

http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Japanese/i-KXgRbkt/0/M/IMG_2852-M.jpg

The big differentiation here is that the rumored M800 is brown and orange as opposed to the typical black and orange offerings of other manufacturers. It may be subtle, but it is different. It reminds me of the M640 Indian Summer the more I look at it... Primarily due to the brown.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Kind of reminds me of a custom binde that I once saw from Chris Burton. fpn_1435940303__image.jpg

The first on the right, perhaps with a little more orange and a little less black, is what I was hoping for.

The big differentiation here is that the rumored M800 is brown and orange as opposed to the typical black and orange offerings of other manufacturers. It may be subtle, but it is different. It reminds me of the M640 Indian Summer the more I look at it... Primarily due to the brown.

I just went to have a look on the Indian Summer and you are absolutely right! Edited by Lam1

It's the first pen I'm wanting to get in a long time (and suitably after my Hemingway). Have sent in my request/reservation.

Check out my blog and my pens

Nice combination, think I'd need to see it in the flesh before I committed though. Also reminds me of Graf Von Faber Castell's Terracotta Intuition.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)