Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015-Ii

RMN

post-125734-0-35216100-1448899026_thumb.jpg

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• amberleadavis

• Inky.Fingers

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These Imperials (or Quasi-Imperials, for purists) are devilishly elegant!

Thanks! Coming off using a Legacy Heritage all of last week, the 330 feels so small and light in my hand, though very comfortable.

My "epiphany" moment with this pen was how a fine nib is actually best for my writing, but it must be with the right pen (i am partial to hooded and inlaid nibs, or any pen without a step between section and nib [Lamy Studio, etc] and a soft nib. This is the only fine nib i have (at the moment :))

Edited by perfaddict

Parker 61 Jet Flighter and Parker 65 Flighter GT

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/871b9e78-daee-4c3b-8013-d37ec863e13f_zpspvavij2l.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

I may have to give up the handwritten notes, since my iPhone camera refuses to focus the way I want it to...

attachicon.gif2015-11-30 09.17.12.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-11-30 09.08.37.jpg

Glad you like the robot. Regarding your iPhone, try to use the grid - it helps straighten the device towards the object(s), so your pages will look sharp from end to end.

Thanks for the inspiration HalloweenHJB....

22796363493_02ffc2bd77_c.jpg

Best Monday lament on FPN (and elsewhere). Here in Israel, the Monday morning starts on Sunday...

Thanks! Coming off using a Legacy Heritage all of last week, the 330 feels so small and light in my hand, though very comfortable.

My "epiphany" moment with this pen was how a fine nib is actually best for my writing, but it must be with the right pen (i am partial to hooded and inlaid nibs, or any pen without a step between section and nib [Lamy Studio, etc] and a soft nib. This is the only fine nib i have (at the moment :))

I've got an Imperial section with stainless steel fine nib in my Ranga ebonite pen. It's not soft at all, but I love it.

Practice, patience, perseverance

Thank you so much! :happy:

It is such a delight to see your handwriting every time! It is really "you", and it is so great to see you can retrain your own style ;)

I just happen to like songs with a touch (or full on kick to the face) of dark melancholy... :P

I'm kinda like that too to be honest.

I don't know why, I never really found the M805 demo a "must have", but your photo made me want one! :D

I may have to give up the handwritten notes, since my iPhone camera refuses to focus the way I want it to...

attachicon.gif2015-11-30 09.17.12.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-11-30 09.08.37.jpg

Thank you very much! :happy:

My everyday writing is still not too neat/special though, but when I post something online I try to slow down and pay more attention. We are all still learning :)

I saw this online today. It could be a follow up to Coop's post.

http://kephost.com/images/2015/11/30/ba9a7a4337f8da37f75e213d5d2cd712.jpg

1670 Emerald of Chivor

Edited by attika89

23427057505_01224b94f0_z.jpg11/30 by Richila, on Flickr

I read everything, but often what I think of to say has always been said many times by the time I finish reading.

httpmom I am so glad you got the Frankenpen to work. I need to play with mine again.

I too am working on consistency. It seems that each time I think I have gotten the hang of it, I change my letter formation.

I know I am breaking my Project (again), but I wanted to show you at least something new, and wanted to save my glittery inks for one last letter and a journal entry. So, here goes:

I hate it when that happens.

Cross Black in a Dollar 717i.

Edited by RMN
Photo removed: handwritten text not according to our standards

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

22801970663_cef78a2760_b.jpg

The Brahms Intermezzi is a good place to start, Here's three:

But if you want something to make a Hospice get up and dance, try the Hungarian Dances:

I struggle with Brahms on the guitar and violin, they can get tough but there is no one else like him, anywhere.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

And for today, an old favorite...

Chapter I of Estatic Fears' Doom masterpiece "A Sombre Dance"

23415866266_b52959afbf_b.jpg

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

The Brahms Intermezzi is a good place to start, Here's three:

But if you want something to make a Hospice get up and dance, try the Hungarian Dances:

I struggle with Brahms on the guitar and violin, they can get tough but there is no one else like him, anywhere.

Thank you!

Edited by Coop

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

penwash: Thank you for your nice comments. Good luck with your working on the consistency in handwriting. I am having to remind myself all the time to think about what I am writing too. Many years of super fast writing due to the kind of work I used to do has become a habit, and I need to really slow down consciously to write legibly.

As for the Passaporto and the vintage nib, I could guess by looking at it that the pen took a modern #5 size nib, and I knew that vintage Waterman #2 and Swan #2 nibs are equivalent in size, so when I got the original 0.9mm stub nib out to open up the slit a bit, I tried the Swan #2 in its place and it was a good fit so I kept it there. :) The plastic feed can have problems keeping up with the ink supply to the bouncy vintage nib, but again if I slow down I am okay most of the time.

Vaibhav: Being sick for 2 weeks is no fun. I'm glad to hear that you are well now. I still have my Amethyst pen paired with the Amethyst ink too! They are such great matching that I don't know if I can separate them in the future...

Stompy: Thanks for your feedback about my handwriting. The same feeling of freedom and flow often gets me in trouble because I can get too messy and too free-flowing which affects the legibility... All in good balance I think.

Eli: I don't have any secrets with the way I write, if anything, because I can't stand dry writing pen/ink combination so I modify either the pen or the ink, or change the combination if modification is not possible so that I will get a wet and saturated colour on paper. BTW Pink is great, I have so many pinks and oranges around me. You should try it sometime too. :D

Also, please don't give up on the oblique nib. They can give you gorgeous line variation that I particularly like. The key is to rotate the pen counterclockwise to match the angle of the oblique cut. If yours is cut at a 15 degree angle rotating the pen so that the nib's slit is around 10 or 11 o'clock should work. Keep trying to stay in the sweetspot and I'm sure your hand will get used to it soon enough.

Halloween: Thank you so much for your kind words. They encourage me to keep working. I have always admired your writing too, especially with flex nibs.

I haven't noticed that Cerise was dry, but then again I always write with very wet writing pens. Perhaps after being left in the pen for a good few weeks, Cerise may be more prone to hard starting than Hope Pink when I think about it.

Have you tried giving a quick wipe of the lens on your iPhone camera? I had a few friends who had a hard time with their iPhone camera always giving blurry shots, and just a little wipe with a microfibre cloth or even a hanky has solved their issues.

Inkfillet: I love your bamboo pen holder!

Shots taken handheld - sorry, haven't a clue 'bout photography. :blush:

Don't worry about that... This is a forum, not a photography competition... Most of my pics look like c**p as well, 95% are just cellphone pics, maimed by the in-phone cropping tool and then mangled by whatever compression <insert online photo hosting service here> adds...

Just for the fun of it, a prime example of what I mean:

23361063131_22280ec6dd.jpg

Eli: ... :D

Also, please don't give up on the oblique nib. They can give you gorgeous line variation that I particularly like. The key is to rotate the pen counterclockwise to match the angle of the oblique cut. If yours is cut at a 15 degree angle rotating the pen so that the nib's slit is around 10 or 11 o'clock should work. Keep trying to stay in the sweetspot and I'm sure your hand will get used to it soon enough.

23363469871_d82abe4386_c.jpg

Scanned

A moment of free time to add to our conversations. ELIWEISZ: I have not found the grid on my iPhone —could you explain where to find it? Many thanks! :)

post-113310-0-23046400-1448979298_thumb.jpg

post-113310-0-34233700-1448979319_thumb.jpg

A moment of free time to add to our conversations. ELIWEISZ: I have not found the grid on my iPhone —could you explain where to find it? Many thanks! :)

attachicon.gif2015-12-01 09.08.37.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-01 09.10.56.jpg

Great pics today - colorful and elegant writing, lovely pens.

You can find the grid going to the Settings > Photos & Camera > scroll down > Grid > check.

Edited by eliweisz

23152906960_4eef2af66d.jpg

12-1 by Richila, on Flickr

Jinhao X450 JHerbin Lierre Sauvage

That Deep Dark Orange makes me want to place an order with Cult pens. :D

Edited by richila