Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015-Ii

RMN

Now this has a primitive beauty to it.

I like it a lot.

Thanks for comment!

:D

This vintage nib at TWSBI is amazing and your handwriting is awesome!

:notworthy1:

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• amberleadavis

• Inky.Fingers

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brought my new Swan ringtop to work, on the off-chance that I'll need to sign something.

post-118146-0-04097900-1435878122_thumb.jpg

This vintage nib at TWSBI is amazing and your handwriting is awesome!

:notworthy1:

Gorgeous!

Thank you very much! It is not me; it is the magic antique nib doing things here! :)

Did you have to mod the feed for more ink?

I changed the feed. Now it has a vintage ebonite feed. This feed does not deliver enough ink if I flex the nib to it's maximum. Since it is such a delicate nib, I will not push it too far.

For other franken projects I'm thinking about ordering some of the ebonite feeds that Snak showed us in the frankenTWSBI step by step guide.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

Beautiful pens, beautiful handwriting! The handwriting done by the finest of these nibs shows us that you are controlling the nib, not the other way! Very nice! :thumbup:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

Brought my new Swan ringtop to work, on the off-chance that I'll need to sign something.

I hope you get to sign something with that beautiful Swan nib! :)

Oh, man. Is it my imagination or have things stepped up the last few days? Some gorgeous pens, and gorgeous writing. Frankenflexies in TWSBI's and Pelikans, crazy MB nibs, lines of eye candy... And now Mehandiratta's swirly beauty. I love this place.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

My pen for the day....

fpn_1435920986__11403338_101528550428223

fpn_1435921068__11403005_101528550428573

Nice photographs of a nice pen!

What is the recipe of your homebrew blue black? It seems to really do your pen justice...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/Mobile%20Uploads/112d1e37-0c25-4a05-bad1-c430aebbccdc_zps8xexjqpq.jpg

your penmanship is so lovely :wub:

After getting this in the mail last night, I decided to ink it up with Bungbox Emerald (thought that it would be appropriate). The new Visconti Millionaire Marble Green with "F" nib. Thanks to Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries for this stunning new addition. I'm starting not to like the Tomoe River paper though. I seem to get more skips and hard starts on it (no matter what pen I seem to use). Never have any issues with Clairfontaine or Rhodia paper. Hoping now that the "buy bug" doesn't bite for a while. Please excuse the phone photos and poor handwriting.

-John-

post-123062-0-81381000-1435931639_thumb.jpg

post-123062-0-21538100-1435931669_thumb.jpg

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

That;s a beautiful pen!

After getting this in the mail last night, I decided to ink it up with Bungbox Emerald (thought that it would be appropriate). The new Visconti Millionaire Marble Green with "F" nib. Thanks to Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries for this stunning new addition. I'm starting not to like the Tomoe River paper though. I seem to get more skips and hard starts on it (no matter what pen I seem to use). Never have any issues with Clairfontaine or Rhodia paper. Hoping now that the "buy bug" doesn't bite for a while. Please excuse the phone photos and poor handwriting.

-John-

Nice looking pen.

Congratulations!

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

-John-

Ahhh, beautiful! I love the Valencia Cream and the Rainforest Brown Marble of this series. So nice to see a non-metal grip section too! What do you think of the interchangeable rollerball section? Do you find the pen heavy?

Ahhh, beautiful! I love the Valencia Cream and the Rainforest Brown Marble of this series. So nice to see a non-metal grip section too! What do you think of the interchangeable rollerball section? Do you find the pen heavy?

Thanks, I originally wanted the Forest Brown, but didn't know how the light section would do with dark inks after a while. I love the interchangeability very much. I don't have to buy the matching roller now (bad habit I have). All you do is unscrew the section of one and put in the other. The one you are not using stows underneath in it's own case. I changed the standard Visconti blue "M" to an black "EF", because I don't care for their blue. As far as the weight, the pen is not as heavy as I thought it was going to be. It's pretty much un-postable, as the cap weighs as much if not a bit more than the pen. But the pen itself feels very comfortable in the hand. It is a fairly large pen, as it doesn't fit in my pen case very well. But it does come with a nice box to keep it in. Highly recommended if anyone can get one of these. I do think I will get the Forest Brown later, but just for admiring.

-John-

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

My pen for the day....

Thanks for posting. I like the pen. I also like the flourishes on your handwriting. Your quotations from Hindu teachers are edifying. Keep up the good work.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Thanks for posting. I like the pen. I also like the flourishes on your handwriting. Your quotations from Hindu teachers are edifying. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Frank

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Nice photographs of a nice pen!

What is the recipe of your homebrew blue black? It seems to really do your pen justice...

Is not exactly homebrew... I have mixed Bril Royal Blue and Bril Black in 2:1 ratio

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter