Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015-Ii

RMN

This is the sequel to the old topic:

Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2015

The old topic was again becoming very large and reacting sluggish.

The link to the last page of the old topic (now locked) is:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/282096-dont-just-tell-us-about-the-pen-youre-using-show-us-2015/page-128

No doubt this topic will be as exciting as the old.

The old topic will be -un-pinned- after about 2 weeks so as not to clutter the page too much with pinned topics.

Please don't forget to change your subscriptions from the old to the new page (if you had one installed)

Enjoy

D.ick

Moderator.

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• amberleadavis

• Inky.Fingers

• attika89

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this along with the Gama Hawk a while back when Asa Pens was having the group buy with the Jowo nibs. It's huge size makes it quite comfortable to write with, but it doesn't really leave my desk due to the fact that the pen's enormity doesn't scream "traveler."

post-84255-0-13590500-1435715509_thumb.jpg

Edited by MZielinski

Congrats! I had my eyes on this one! ;)

There's actually a very similar one (a little different model) on the same website where this one was advertised. ;)

Edited by Venemo

Today at the office: Omas Paragon Bronze Arco with rose gold stock stub.

fpn_1435661476__omas_bronze_arco.jpg

" What immortal hand or eye

Could frame thy fearful lustful symmetry" :o

I am using Guider Marala today.... Ebonite Eyedropper Fountain Pen

Handmade in India including the nib...

fpn_1435735393__11204865_101528500595923

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I am using Guider Marala today.... Ebonite Eyedropper Fountain Pen

Handmade in India including the nib...

fpn_1435735393__11204865_101528500595923

Another gorgeous pen. That's truly regal looking. I don't know why, but it reminds me of an elephant. Maybe the clip? (but don't see how) It just has that solidity, stateliness and splendor. Looks big, too.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

I am continually amazed that everyone has such nice pens. So, lowering the tone considerably, this is what I was playing with for a bit today. Frankenstein-like but it seems to work okay. Please forgive the atrocious handwriting. I know nothing of calligraphy.

fpn_1435748929__frankenestie.jpg

Esties with Osmiroid!!! Love that combination. I rock that periodically too. Nice green dollar! The only Dollar pen I have is black and looks more like a banana than a pen. Sigh.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

Houston, now THAT'S a nib! I'm not familiar with the imprint on the nib as it is different from other OMAS nibs I've seen; it doesn't seem possible to have a nib that would match the beauty of the Arco celluloid, but that one does it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cardboard_Tube - I had forgotten the Osmiroid nibs would screw into an Esterbrook section, nicely done. I was using an Estie earlier this week, a green one that doesn't have near the depth of yours. Believe me there's no shame in using any pen that works, much less an Esterbrook. Great writing, too.

Here's what I'm using in the office today:

fpn_1435764102__tibaldi_modello_60_minus

fpn_1435764147__tibaldi_modello_60_minus

fpn_1435764167__bermond_chased_rmhr_807x

fpn_1435764187__bermond_chased_rmhr_2_10

fpn_1435764122__bermond_chased_rmhr_1_87

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Houston, now THAT'S a nib! I'm not familiar with the imprint on the nib as it is different from other OMAS nibs I've seen; it doesn't seem possible to have a nib that would match the beauty of the Arco celluloid, but that one does it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cardboard_Tube - I had forgotten the Osmiroid nibs would screw into an Esterbrook section, nicely done. I was using an Estie earlier this week, a green one that doesn't have near the depth of yours. Believe me there's no shame in using any pen that works, much less an Esterbrook. Great writing, too.

Jaw-droppingly awesome. David, you have an amazing ability (a skill, no doubt) finding these gems. You never cease to surprise me.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

fpn_1435760710__omas_bronze_arco_david.j

fpn_1435760728__omas_bronze_arco_david_2

Gorgeous. I cannot get enough of that celluloid. :puddle:

fpn_1435764187__bermond_chased_rmhr_2_10

fpn_1435764122__bermond_chased_rmhr_1_87

That Tibaldi is stunning!!! love it! :puddle: I'm drooling all over the place today haha

Bamboo dip pen carved by myself

:happyberet:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9rEW3r8B2SQ/VZRDZENZ0UI/AAAAAAAAAzs/eNAZn4O2JNo/s1600/Gothic_03.jpg

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

[socrates]

Sometimes I post something about pens and penmanship at my blog

Instagram@carretera18

Bamboo dip pen carved by myself

:happyberet:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9rEW3r8B2SQ/VZRDZENZ0UI/AAAAAAAAAzs/eNAZn4O2JNo/s1600/Gothic_03.jpg

Cool! Well done! :thumbup:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg

Lots of great pens and nibs there, folks!

I am still in Parker 51 mode:

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/Mobile%20Uploads/bf877be5-d7c9-4e7e-ad21-85fb8e7d9ac7_zpsrl2hhg1s.jpg

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/Mobile%20Uploads/8e133e23-0867-4e76-8aeb-3cddbaccdde4_zpsv3zqctc5.jpg

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q794/china_line/FPN_signatur2_zps0fbd4f6c.jpg