The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Jentle Black - Dutchman Trying To Read Japanese

sailor jentle black sailor black ink

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 13:07

Sailor Jentle Black Dutchman trying to read Japanese

20150617_083344_zps9dbkajaj.jpg

A little while ago Dennis and Rick of La Couronne du Comte :thumbup:  thanks :thumbup: gave me a bottle of Sailor Jentle Shigure.... I love that ink and reviewed it with a lot of pleasure http://www.fountainp...ure-blue-black/ 

Then Fellow member Trom sent me a few bottles of brown inks Thanks Trom :thumbup: . One of them is Sailor Jentle Brown which is one of my favourite browns now... Have not reviewed it yet.... But believe me that will change soon.

My latest Sailor is the SailorJentle Black. A medium saturated very dark grey..... (Most black inks safe for FP's are not truly black!)

I must say I really like Sailor inks they are very well behaving write very smoothly and have a reasonable price... This Black ink is very nice too though I am not a big fan of Black inks . Cold not read the colour from the box....only later discovered the letter  BK

Well here we go Sailor Jentle Black

Blowing my nose with ink 

Sailor%20Bk%20blow%20my_zpstxuzlqtx.jpg

Ink Vomitus

Sailor%20BK%20Vomitus_zpsldgvbron.jpg

It is not a true black but it is a very dark grey  and very  nice

Ink Behaviour

The ink behaves very well as all my Sailor Inks do. See handwritten test sheet

Sailor%20BK%20sampler_zpsq3stsb4h.jpg

Beware! the drying time is quite long but therefore the ink is quite waterproof as can be seen down here

Sailor%20BK%20Cousteau_zpsqgxan6dg.jpg

That is is still very legible after 20 minutes at the bottom of my sink... blub blub.  Sailor inks are a true joy to write with in my opinion

I made some extra writing samples down here

Dutchman trying to read Japanese/ My Poems

As you might have guessed by now I Iike these inks.

Only one thing is funny...

...95 % of the text are in Japanese. As can be seen on the first photo of this review

Although my handwriting is very horrible..... it is not Japanese. My Japanese is a little rusty to put it mildly ;)

So what are the texts on the bottle..... After a first bottle of booze  I thought

wow they are Japanese Poems.

After the second bottle of booze (tried to) translate, them here is the result...

My first Japanese Poem

Sailor%20BK%20first%20poem_zpslnnzgf1i.j

Lovely that Japanese Calligraphy on the Box.. And what a romantic poem :wub:

This of course maybe the translation but  I am not sure,my Japanese is rusty, so here is anohter writng sample with another poem.... It may also be translated as

My second Poem

Sailor%20BK%20second%20poem_zpsyujnposr.

Booze is not good for You :)  

Of course did not drink two bottle of Booze.... Just drank a cask of Talisker  :puddle:

How do you like my poems???

People say a dirty mind is a Joy forever.... I say a sick mind is double the pleasure haha

Ink comparison

Sailor%20BK%20cop_zpss2w5mnfg.jpg

As can be seen above.  The Shigure in writng is black but when using a broader nib it has very deep dark violet hue... If compared to the Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black you can  see that this ink is not truly black either

If you like a true black click herehttp://www.lacouronn...tle-p-5383.html It is  Sailor Kiwa-Guro Nano Black Ink  It is truly black but truly tricky when used in Fountain Pens.... MAINTENANCE!!!

This  Sailor Jentle Black is safe for Foutain Pens and needs less attention when left in the FP for a longer period of time

Availability

La Couronne du Comte I guess  Dennis and Rik would even travel to the moon to get it for you (just pay them a million or 2   :))  Well it is safe to say that they do almost everything to satisfy their customers http://www.lacouronneducomte

Bankers have Rothshield Ink lovers have The Goulet Pen Company. Rachel and Brian carry theALMOST largest assortiment of ink on earth and it's near surroundings   :)  http://www.gouletpens.com

(almost Dear Amberlea Davis carries the largest assoritment in the universe but is not a seller   :D

Too Conclude

Sailor Jentle black is a stunning Ink- Like the Sailors  I already own this ink behaves very well too   and it is very smooth. I will buy more of these Sailor Inks....

If You want to see some more Sailor inks I kindly advise you to have a look at the excellent reviews of one of my favourite ink reviewers :Visvamitra http://www.fountainp...134-visvamitra/

Another FPN-member with excellent reviews is LGSoltek http://www.fountainp...13900-lgsoltek/.I believe LG Soltek owns every Sailor Ink ever made in the history of mankind. LGSoltek's website http://billi.us/ink-list is a true joy for inkoholics 

Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words.... So I will end this review with a picture (and 2 words)

Sailor%20BK%20popeye_zpsaup0akfi.jpg

Regards

Peter

Edited by Morbus Curiositas, 29 June 2015 - 14:04.

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism  :) 

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:00

I'm honoured to be mentioned, Peter! I don't own all the Sailor inks though, just a tiny proportion of them, considering the huge range of inks Sailor offers (I wish I did though!) 

Shigure is a great ink, and it's very smooth and wet and a joy to write with. I don't use black, but I think Sailor Black is as well behaved.

#3 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 16:34

sadly getting all those sailor inks will be like a life long dream due to its ever expanding inventory

#4 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,341 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 22:01

Well, BK mean Black (here). You can also check out the ID-numbers on the back of the box, to the left. That's already to be seen on your scan above: 13-1000-220.The 220 is for black (here). Black was also issued earlier in a black box (instead of the blue on white box seen in your photo up top) having the number 13-0600-220. The corresponding Jentle Blue inks are labelled with BE on the box with the numbers 13-0600-240 and/or 13-1000-240. Jentle Blue Black has BBK and 13-1000-244 etc.

These (and a lot of other numberings) can be checked here:

http://www.fountainp...r-le-ink-codes/   Very Valuable!

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#5 Venator

Venator

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:07

Very entertaining review, I hope you do more. My Japanese is also a little rusty but I'm pretty sure you nailed the poetry.

Kansha no ishi tondemonai itachi.

#6 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,232 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:32

Absolutely great review! Liked your poems, and the picture of the two sailor ink together with an astonishing scenery. I can agree Sailor inks are absolutely great. I tried this ink from cartridge. It flows well, not the blackest black, but good. Although I didn't find that its dry time longer than usual, but I wrote with a Japanese fine nib, which is putting down thin line.

#7 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:54

I'm honoured to be mentioned, Peter! I don't own all the Sailor inks though, just a tiny proportion of them, considering the huge range of inks Sailor offers (I wish I did though!) 

Shigure is a great ink, and it's very smooth and wet and a joy to write with. I don't use black, but I think Sailor Black is as well behaved.Lo

Love tohave all their inks to. But some are $40 why is that

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

#8 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:55

Well, BK mean Black (here). You can also check out the ID-numbers on the back of the box, to the left. That's already to be seen on your scan above: 13-1000-220.The 220 is for black (here). Black was also issued earlier in a black box (instead of the blue on white box seen in your photo up top) having the number 13-0600-220. The corresponding Jentle Blue inks are labelled with BE on the box with the numbers 13-0600-240 and/or 13-1000-240. Jentle Blue Black has BBK and 13-1000-244 etc.

These (and a lot of other numberings) can be checked here:

http://www.fountainp...r-le-ink-codes/   Very Valuable!

Mike

Very useful thanks a lot mike :thumbup:

#9 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:55

Very entertaining review, I hope you do more. My Japanese is also a little rusty but I'm pretty sure you nailed the poetry.

Kansha no ishi tondemonai itachi.

Wiil do some more next will be visconti red I blieve

#10 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:56

Absolutely great review! Liked your poems, and the picture of the two sailor ink together with an astonishing scenery. I can agree Sailor inks are absolutely great. I tried this ink from cartridge. It flows well, not the blackest black, but good. Although I didn't find that its dry time longer than usual, but I wrote with a Japanese fine nib, which is putting down thin line.

the scenery is taken from the front balcony of our House in Tyrol

#11 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 14:59

sadly getting all those sailor inks will be like a life long dream due to its ever expanding inventory

Do I sound very greedy when i say I want all

• De Atramentis
  • Sailor
  • Pelikan
  • J Herbin
  • Diamine

Inks :huh:

#12 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• 5,766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:47

Pelikan is easy (Cross?, GvFC inks)
J.Herbin is easy (30+ inks then the 1670 line)

from your set
Sailor, De Atramentis and Diamine will be hard
but De Atramentis will be the easiest to get of all the 3 (50 inks) mostly available on online order
Diamine is next since they produce new inks at least yearly (100+ inks) mostly available on online order
Sailor... lets just say... you need to com up with a plan that involves a yearly pengrimage to Japan (200+ inks) you need some proxy services that add more money to get the inks
not to mention the seasonality of the inks in mention
but if you worry about Sailor a bit too much I have that topic covered after all its already a link on my signature

Edited by Algester, 07 July 2015 - 01:52.

#13 Morbus Curiositas

Morbus Curiositas

Inkoholic

• Member - Gold

• 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 17:57

No problem with pilgering to japan..... Just lacking the financesto do so ;-)

#14 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• 5,766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:26

I do lack to inform you that every pen fair/show it seems Sailor does have a special ink just for that pen fair/show which I assume noodler's in america does to and also custom blend inks that I'm not sure but in Japan there's services for that at every major event :3

#15 LinearNib

LinearNib

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:15

How long is the dry time for most people? Jentle Black is quick drying for me on Mead 5-Star and regular printer paper. This is with German Fine Nibs on my Lamy 2000, Lamy CP1, and Montblanc 220. Same with my American Fine Esterbrook J, Montverde Invincia Deluxe, and Parker 45.

Either way its definitely my favorite ink. Its wet, flows nicely, dries quickly, barely bleeds through, and barely feathers.

#16 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 15:09

I enjoyed your post. Your translations were "inspirational". I like Sailor ink. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor jentle black, sailor, black ink

Sponsored Content

|