Daiso Alert - Aussies!

Had a couple of nice buys at Daiso this week. Their 5x3 white grid index cards are in stock and the card is very FP friendly. Can't get them to feather or bleed through with any of my Lamy safaris inc the 1.1 stub well inked. Good buy.

They also have an A5 pad 120 sheet. They are labelled Complete brand and are ruled. Handles my Lamys very well again. Can really recommend these for everyday doodling.

Both the pads and the cards are labelled made in Indonesia and are $2.80 like everything else at Daiso, although I note some company stores have now some product at $3.80 and $4.80.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• Notgatherox

• Newjelan

• shea2812

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks inkypete! Heading to Westfield Doncaster tomorrow so will drop by Daiso in the hope of getting some. Last time I was there I noticed a sign that said some products are now more than $2.80.

Not too sure if Daiso Australia has them, but if they do, try the Complete notebooks - made in Japan and FP friendly too. I find them better than Combine, but YMMV.

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Thanks inkypete! Heading to Westfield Doncaster tomorrow so will drop by Daiso in the hope of getting some. Last time I was there I noticed a sign that said some products are now more than $2.80.

I bought 3 pads there Monday and there were a couple left on the back wall. I think they had the cards too. Biggest problem with Daiso is they have company stores and franchise stores and often they carry different products. If you find something good you need to stock up while they have it as they may not have it again for quite a while. Hope you found some.

Not too sure if Daiso Australia has them, but if they do, try the Complete notebooks - made in Japan and FP friendly too. I find them better than Combine, but YMMV.

~Epic

G'day Epic - these pads are branded Complete but are made in Indonesia.

G'day Epic - these pads are branded Complete but are made in Indonesia.

Oops my mistake, the Japanese made ones are Combine :P

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

• 4 months later...

Daiso's Combine brand were made in Japan. They use a better coated paper think, even them thinner report pad are fountain pen friendly. Those Combine stock are drying up. Australia being a new market for Daiso may not get those. There are also dot pad from Korea but I dont see that many around anymore so I grabbed a few last time I went to a Daiso. Am not downunder actually but I do notice that Daiso carry similar/same products across the globe. But different Daisos carry different products. I suppose they have so many items on their master inventory that them smaller Daisos just cannot carry all of them. I only found a fountain pen at a third Daiso that I went to.... and that was this morning! Bought one.. stepped out to give it a try... then went back in for another two. They are good starter FP for those who wants to try their hands at using FP. From various postings that I have seen apparently Daiso carry a few different versions/makes of these FPs. I may post pics of the one I acquired later tho.

Combine range of paper products from Daiso remind me of Kokuyo Campus products that I used so many years ago that were also from Japan. And being Daiso's price they are worth every bob! Its worth a visit if you are near one or if you pass by one. I have not tried any of from the Complete range. Simply put.... Combine is great. Dot pad from Korea are not so bad. Lined notebooks from Korea are not as good as their dot pads.

Daiso's Combine brand were made in Japan. They use a better coated paper think, even them thinner report pad are fountain pen friendly. Those Combine stock are drying up. Australia being a new market for Daiso may not get those. There are also dot pad from Korea but I dont see that many around anymore so I grabbed a few last time I went to a Daiso. Am not downunder actually but I do notice that Daiso carry similar/same products across the globe. But different Daisos carry different products. I suppose they have so many items on their master inventory that them smaller Daisos just cannot carry all of them. I only found a fountain pen at a third Daiso that I went to.... and that was this morning! Bought one.. stepped out to give it a try... then went back in for another two. They are good starter FP for those who wants to try their hands at using FP. From various postings that I have seen apparently Daiso carry a few different versions/makes of these FPs. I may post pics of the one I acquired later tho.

Combine range of paper products from Daiso remind me of Kokuyo Campus products that I used so many years ago that were also from Japan. And being Daiso's price they are worth every bob! Its worth a visit if you are near one or if you pass by one. I have not tried any of from the Complete range. Simply put.... Combine is great. Dot pad from Korea are not so bad. Lined notebooks from Korea are not as good as their dot pads.

Most of the good paper products at Daiso down under seem to be made in Indonesia. I'll be heading to the Daiso at Crazyburn on Sunday and will check out what they have in stock. Haven't been for a while.