rwifilipe

Hi,

Recently i've started to expand my collection with some nice pens instead of the "cheap ones" i've been using for some time, and now i need your help to decide.

I have a platinum 3776 in fine which i really like but i've never tried a pelikan, so...

How do you guys think the pelikan m200 compares to the Platinum 3776? is the Pelikan steel nib as good to write as the gold one in the platinum?

ps. i can get them both arround the same price (80€)

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rwifilipe

• Runnin_Ute

• FountainPages

• Oldtimer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have experience with the Platinum, but do with the Pelikan. The steel nibs on the M2xx pens are wonderful. A bit springy, but not flex. It will have a wider line for the same nib size.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Don't have experience with the Platinum, but do with the Pelikan. The steel nibs on the M2xx pens are wonderful. A bit springy, but not flex. It will have a wider line for the same nib size.

Thank you, after reading some reviews i'm thinking about getting the Pelikan. After all i've never tried one and maybe it will grow on me :D

Have owned both, prefer the Pelikan...you can't to do badly with either, both are good pens.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

i love my M200 with IM nib. I also have 140N and 400NN with varied degrees of flex that are a dream to write with. Those vintage pens can be had for some medium prices and are excellent to write with. I would not -- my personal taste - invest in the new ones for the price and the non-gold nibs; but only as a collector, If I were one. But since I like to write with them, prefer the vintage soft nibs.

I've got an M205 (EF and .9mm Italifine) and three 3776 Century's (F, F, and SF), and they're very different pens.

The 3776 is larger, and the F nib is definitely stiffer than the M205, the latter being wetter than the 3776.

The M205 is at the small limit (for me, one of my favorite pens is an Edison Collier for what that's worth), but posted it's comfortable enough.

I don't intend to sell either, and plan to add at least one more M200-series Pelikan, and perhaps one more 3776 later on.

How's that for unhelpful?

I've got an M205 (EF and .9mm Italifine) and three 3776 Century's (F, F, and SF), and they're very different pens.

The 3776 is larger, and the F nib is definitely stiffer than the M205, the latter being wetter than the 3776.

The M205 is at the small limit (for me, one of my favorite pens is an Edison Collier for what that's worth), but posted it's comfortable enough.

I don't intend to sell either, and plan to add at least one more M200-series Pelikan, and perhaps one more 3776 later on.

How's that for unhelpful?

That was really unhelpful :lol:. I'm starting to believe that at some point i will get another platinum and a Pelikan, so is just a matter of which i will get first..

Thank you all for the replies.