The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Purple/violet Fountain Pens?

purple violet fountain pens

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2015 - 15:01

Beautiful

Sadly the Purple Web Celluloid material is no longer available (or at least wasn't after my pen was built by Edison) from the Amerian Art Plastics Co.  :(

This plastic was apparently hand made & cured,  in small batches.  Besides its lustrous purple-claret colour, it still has that wonderful fragrance of camphor when I uncap the pen. 

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

Sponsored Content

#42 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:16

I have a purple Nakaya long cigar...

Oh my. Sounds lovely

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes. 

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

#43 digisax

digisax

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:56

Purple is my favorite color as well, but most of my pens are black, white, or clear. My only two that aren't are a Pelikan M200 Cafe Creme and a Lamy Al-Star in purple. The Al-Star is such a nice color, also Pelikan is coming out with an M205 in a clear purple as a limited edition to go with their ink of the year http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/Pulsar/en_US.FWI.displayShop.206090./classic-205-amethyst 

#44 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,890 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2015 - 00:33

Hm...They don't have the purple & white or purple pearl...

Purple pearl is back!

4cs_imp_newacrylics_purplepearl_2.jpg

TERI

Teri Morris, PEYTON STREET PENS

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Instagram for Peyton Street Pens
We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#45 Sergio 46

Sergio 46

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:07

Don't forget the Montblanc Generation Violet, cheaper than the Meisterstück!

#46 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 20:36

And let's not forget one of the most beautiful purple pen ever created (my point of view): Montblanc Princesse Grace De Monaco. I truly love that pen. Its amazingly beautiful, yet remain elegant. The only drawback its price. It has a perfect flow, If I could have only one pen, that would be.

I have a Sailor Sapporo Blackcurrant. Its a nice little pen, writes well, but well, there are some issues with the Sailor cartridges, its really lightweight compare to Princesse Grace.

#47 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• 2,911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 20:48

Vivien, what issues do you have with Sailor cartridges?

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#48 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 13:46

It's rather on the cheap side, but one of the Pilot Urban Pens is violet (the right one in my avatar :) ).

#49 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 18:19

Vivien, what issues do you have with Sailor cartridges?

Sailor cartridges doesn't have a little ball inside them to break surface tension, and the ink like to stuck in the wall of the cartridge, this can be problematic when ink level drop to around 40 percent or less in the cartridge, resulting some problem when I want to write, but actually there is no ink near the feed or nib. Just filled one cartridge with Caran d'Ache Carbon, curious about how the two can behave. Currently I have nice steady flow. Parker cartridges doesn't have that too, but never experienced any problem with those in any ink combination I filled.

#50 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 18:23

It's rather on the cheap side, but one of the Pilot Urban Pens is violet (the right one in my avatar :) ).

I saw them, they are looking very nice. Despite I really like Parker and the look of an Urban pen, what's really annoying me is that the sections of the Urban series get scratchy really fast. I mean I used one of my Urban for a month and well looked like meh.. using even more frequently one of my Sonnet and its doesn't have any scratches on the section. But in the other hand, some Sonnet like to dry out really fast, while this is not an issue with an Urban.

#51 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:02

I saw them, they are looking very nice. Despite I really like Parker and the look of an Urban pen, what's really annoying me is that the sections of the Urban series get scratchy really fast. I mean I used one of my Urban for a month and well looked like meh.. using even more frequently one of my Sonnet and its doesn't have any scratches on the section. But in the other hand, some Sonnet like to dry out really fast, while this is not an issue with an Urban.

I could be wrong but isn't the pen in Bartimaeus' avatar a Pilot MR/ Metropolitan, not a Parker?

Edited by migo984, 30 July 2015 - 19:02.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#52 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• 2,911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:28

Hm,...Vivien, what you describe has also happened to me with my Sailor carts.

Although many folk here do not advocate the squeezing of cartridges, Sailor in fact recommends that you squeeze their cartridges.  I believe this instruction is on the pamphlet that comes with the pens. 

When I plug in the Sailor cart, I point the pen to the ceiling & squeeze a few times till the ink starts to show in the feed's combs. Then,  I let this ink drain back into the pen.

At times the cartridge may need an additional squeeze when it's half empty.

I've had no ink hanging up inside either the blue/black or the Kiwa-Guro black cartridges using this squeezing method.  The downside may be that squeezing the cartridges may make them less reliable,  if you wish to refill them later.  

Mind you, I never refill carts,..they are only used for travel.

As a matter of course I install one of the little glass/plastic balls that are found in the international carts into all my international converters.  This works very well. 

I've also tried to put the same little ball into the Sailor converters, but it did not seem to fit very well.

I suppose you could try inserting a small glass bead into your Sailor cartridge once the nipple has pierced the cartridge's seal.  The cart has to be pulled out of the pen, the bead inserted, then the cartridge plugged back in the pen again. 

May turn out to be a messy affair.

To the OP:

:blush:  I did not mean to derail this long & fascinating thread. 

Just wanted to help a fellow FPN member using a Sailor Sapporo Black Currant.

#53 Drafty

Drafty

CC

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 19:39

You could get a Demonstrator and fill it with purple ink. Then it's a purple pen. I see you have the TWSBI already.

There's a 'wine' coloured Sheaffer Sagaris

Omas Arte Italiana in Aubergine (that's fancy purple, right?)

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

#54 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 21:32

I could be wrong but isn't the pen in Bartimaeus' avatar a Pilot MR/ Metropolitan, not a Parker?

Yes, it's the Pilot *Metropolitan*. Sorry, I mixed up Metropolitan and Urban.

#55 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 22:21

Sure, there is no Parker Urban in the avatar. Still, my thoughts about it hold.

#56 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 22:24

Hm,...Vivien, what you describe has also happened to me with my Sailor carts.

Although many folk here do not advocate the squeezing of cartridges, Sailor in fact recommends that you squeeze their cartridges.  I believe this instruction is on the pamphlet that comes with the pens. 

When I plug in the Sailor cart, I point the pen to the ceiling & squeeze a few times till the ink starts to show in the feed's combs. Then,  I let this ink drain back into the pen.

At times the cartridge may need an additional squeeze when it's half empty.

I've had no ink hanging up inside either the blue/black or the Kiwa-Guro black cartridges using this squeezing method.  The downside may be that squeezing the cartridges may make them less reliable,  if you wish to refill them later.  

Mind you, I never refill carts,..they are only used for travel.

As a matter of course I install one of the little glass/plastic balls that are found in the international carts into all my international converters.  This works very well. 

I've also tried to put the same little ball into the Sailor converters, but it did not seem to fit very well.

I suppose you could try inserting a small glass bead into your Sailor cartridge once the nipple has pierced the cartridge's seal.  The cart has to be pulled out of the pen, the bead inserted, then the cartridge plugged back in the pen again. 

May turn out to be a messy affair.

To the OP:

:blush:  I did not mean to derail this long & fascinating thread. 

Just wanted to help a fellow FPN member using a Sailor Sapporo Black Currant.

Sure, I could do, but it would require me to more regularly open the pen. I could put a small ball form Pelikan cartridge to a Sailor one. Or just enjoy my pen with different ink. Will see. CdA Carbon is really good black.

#57 FinalEleven

FinalEleven

Ultimate Despair

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 16:58

I very recently just acquired an Omas Ogiva Alba in Violet! Looks amazing!

c7e6c9528d.jpg

Actually, my purple pen collection has grown just a little bit since I made this topic. I now have a Limited Edition Pilot Custom 74 (it's a very dark purple pen with sparkles and gold furniture), a Tropical Purple Vanishing Point (which I have dropped a couple of times so it's pretty dinged and scratched up) and though not fountain pen related (yet), A stonewashed Karas Kustoms Render K in Black and Purple.

Now to figure out the next purple pen on my list to get. I already have the Pelikan M205 Amethyst on preorder from PenChalet 

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,
but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

#58 FinalEleven

FinalEleven

Ultimate Despair

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 17:00

You could get a Demonstrator and fill it with purple ink. Then it's a purple pen. I see you have the TWSBI already.

There's a 'wine' coloured Sheaffer Sagaris

Omas Arte Italiana in Aubergine (that's fancy purple, right?)

Yeah, I've done that. The purples I use are dark in color so it doesnt really show through very well. I'm just looking for a nice purple body on a pen.

I'll look into the Omas Arte Italiana in Aubergine...though not right now as I'm still recovering from my Omas Ogiva Alba purchase.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,
but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

#59 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 17:07

Kullock has a purple/violet barrel and section for Parker 45, they are often on eBay (seller penpartsstore)

Brian

I bought one of these conversions.  I love it so much I just keep it unused.

Then there is the Plum Parker 51.  Pricey and a topic of threads.  Not rare, just not very common.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#60 canibanoglu

canibanoglu

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 20:08

I am very curious about that purple Nakaya...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purple, violet, fountain pens

Sponsored Content

|