The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Wyvern 101 Button Filler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:24

Hi,

i initially posted this in Repair Q&A, then realised that this was probably the best place.

I just picked up a Wyvern 101, which can be seen here     http://www.fountainp...879-wyvern-101/

but the sac was perished. It is a  button filler and I was wondering whether the brass button section needs to be pulled out the same as a Duofold button filler in order to embed the pressure bar. Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,779 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:05

Hullo.

I have a client who is a Wyvern collector and I have done probably about 30 pens for him.  Of course some are button fillers.  Sadly I have not a record of all the pens but I have done 202s and 303s and probably a 101; my memory is awful!  I would remove the button just to clean it and polish it anyway.  As I recall I located the bar into the button, gave the sac a good dose of French chalk and carefully screwed in the section (left hand thread!).

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:41

A GREAT FIND!

The Wyvern 101 is a quality pen, much better than the 202,303, 404 etc.

It came in a number of coverings (Snakeskin, croc. leather). I have a mint pen & pencil set here at the moment in a reddish croc skin.

Treat it like any other button filler; remove the button, remove loosen the pressure bar, unscrew the section.

#4 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,779 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 16:13

A GREAT FIND!

The Wyvern 101 is a quality pen, much better than the 202,303, 404 etc.

It came in a number of coverings (Snakeskin, croc. leather). I have a mint pen & pencil set here at the moment in a reddish croc skin.

Treat it like any other button filler; remove the button, remove loosen the pressure bar, unscrew the section.

Yes I have done two of them - covered in snake or lizard skin they were.  Thanks for the reminder.

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#5 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,588 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 16:56

Many thanks both, I can now approach it with confident caution!

It is a lovely pen, but it takes some getting used to the feel of the skin.

#6 garnet

garnet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 17:30

101's came in the following skin coverings

Pig

Crocodile

Alligator

Snake

Lizard

Pig skin is the rarest covering. I have a red lizard skin pen and pencil set in a green lizard skin case. These cases are very rare and were made to order.

101's were of a far higher quality than the more common 202, 303 and 404's which by Wyvern standards were of very poor quality due to the reduction in demand for fountain pens in the post war period.

Lamy 2000 xf
PELIKAN 800 (Binder xxxf) Green striated.
Pelikan 140 f & xf
DuoFold (1955) italic
PFM V xf
Collection of 200+ Wyverns

Sponsored Content

|