The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sailor Bungbox L'amant

bungbox bung box sailor lamant

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 eelldan

eelldan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:10

Great review and such an amazing ink! Thank you!

Check out my blog penrarian.weebly.com!

Sponsored Content

#22 thudthwacker

thudthwacker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:49

Fantastic review that really shows off a stunning ink.  (Looks up possible prices.)  Wow, that's kinda stunning, too.

#23 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:17

Wonderful review!  I love the shading! 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#24 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 19:33

I simply love your handwriting...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#25 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2015 - 13:19

oh man... this is heavy....

i want this ink baaadly....

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#26 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 October 2015 - 19:53

This looks really great. Wonderful review. I'm liking Sailor inks more and more.

#27 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:59

This one has risen to the top of my "to buy"-list. Just have to figure out a way of how to get hold of it.

Edited by AndyYNWA, 30 October 2015 - 06:00.

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

#28 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• 5,763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:57

maybe I too will get it... if I can... hopefully it wont cost me a TWSBI mini....

#29 SNAK

SNAK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2015 - 22:04

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the ink review. I am so glad that this thread has resurfaced. I was meaning to upload the disappearing water resistance photo, but had completely forgotten about it. So here is the water resistance photo of L'Amant again.

Water resistance - Poor. However some bluish dye will stay after 2 minutes soak, and drops of water blotted away in 15 seconds will leave some mark after blotting too. Also, the ink when washed has a fluoro look to it, like some really bright pink inks do (e.g. Diamine Hope Pink).

fpn_1446242231__snak-20150626-6214.jpg

I hope the photo shows up this time. 

Unfortunately Bungbox has since ceased manufacturing inks with the original hourglass shaped bottles, and permanently switched to the usual squat Sailor shaped bottles (with interesting original cardboard box) and the price has gone up from the original 2160 yen to 3240 yen for the same 50ml, and (to me) in less interesting bottle so I have a feeling that they are riding on the popularity a bit. Not that it will stop me from buying their inks, I will of course :D

L'Amant is currently not in the 8 or so offerings they have brought out but I am sure they will rotate the offerings and it will come up again eventually. I tend to shop from Bungbox directly so I keep an eye on their website announcements. 

If I notice that this ink is being offered again I will drop in and let you all know.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Edited by SNAK, 30 October 2015 - 22:06.

#30 VivienR

VivienR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,228 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 October 2015 - 23:19

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the ink review. I am so glad that this thread has resurfaced. I was meaning to upload the disappearing water resistance photo, but had completely forgotten about it. So here is the water resistance photo of L'Amant again.

Water resistance - Poor. However some bluish dye will stay after 2 minutes soak, and drops of water blotted away in 15 seconds will leave some mark after blotting too. Also, the ink when washed has a fluoro look to it, like some really bright pink inks do (e.g. Diamine Hope Pink).

fpn_1446242231__snak-20150626-6214.jpg

I hope the photo shows up this time. 

Unfortunately Bungbox has since ceased manufacturing inks with the original hourglass shaped bottles, and permanently switched to the usual squat Sailor shaped bottles (with interesting original cardboard box) and the price has gone up from the original 2160 yen to 3240 yen for the same 50ml, and (to me) in less interesting bottle so I have a feeling that they are riding on the popularity a bit. Not that it will stop me from buying their inks, I will of course :D

L'Amant is currently not in the 8 or so offerings they have brought out but I am sure they will rotate the offerings and it will come up again eventually. I tend to shop from Bungbox directly so I keep an eye on their website announcements. 

If I notice that this ink is being offered again I will drop in and let you all know.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Despite its poor weather resistance its still a lovely ink. In a different thread there where some talkin about which kind of ink is close to it. Well, I think neither truly... Made some q-tip swabs, although q-tip swabs again showing a different side of the ink.

raozkw.jpg

Majestic Purple is somehow sowed its darker side on this paper, but I still vote it as a relatively close match. But Solferino and Rose Cyclamen or something with their mix can be a good candidate.

#31 Inkfillet

Inkfillet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:42

This has really leaned me over toward a new TWSBI Diamond 580.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others."  - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

#32 fireant

fireant

The Good Twin

• Member - Gold

• 1,376 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:25

Man I love seeing how this ink shades differently depending on the nib.

Thank you so much for the great review!

#33 bdanh1989

bdanh1989

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:27

i use Sailor Bungbox L'armant to write diary everyday. It's vey great. and thank you for your review. 

#34 bdanh1989

bdanh1989

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:45

It's quite rare. In Bungbox store, it's sold out. I have waited to buy from August.... i can't wait more. huhu

#35 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:09

Any other ink that comes in comparison with this...??

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#36 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 1,417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:15

Any other ink that comes in comparison with this...??

I haven't seen any....  B)

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

#37 pwnrat

pwnrat

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2015 - 16:32

I need to get this ink, and those pens!!! Nice set.

#38 SNAK

SNAK

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 November 2015 - 21:32

When I first looked at this ink and wrote with it, my initial feeling was that this ink looks almost like a mix between Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (2nd version) and Diamine Hope Pink. That was just off the top of my head, so I haven't done a proper comparison or anything.

I will see if I can still find the original sheets of paper I did the writing with L'Amant, and will do some writing with a few purple inks I have around that may be in the similar colour range. I will then do a shot of all of them in the same frame so that it is easy to compare in the same light and on same paper etc. 

Please give me a day or two, to get this week's tasks done and over with then I will be back hopefully with something to show you.

#39 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:14

When I first looked at this ink and wrote with it, my initial feeling was that this ink looks almost like a mix between Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (2nd version) and Diamine Hope Pink. That was just off the top of my head, so I haven't done a proper comparison or anything.

I will see if I can still find the original sheets of paper I did the writing with L'Amant, and will do some writing with a few purple inks I have around that may be in the similar colour range. I will then do a shot of all of them in the same frame so that it is easy to compare in the same light and on same paper etc. 

Please give me a day or two, to get this week's tasks done and over with then I will be back hopefully with something to show you.

Eagerly waiting

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

#40 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:12

Eagerly waiting

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bungbox, bung box, sailor, lamant

Sponsored Content

|