Sailor Bungbox L'amant

SNAK

Inspired by Lgsoltek's beautiful ink review here, I have inked up a pen with this ink, and I have fallen in love with this one. It shades so nicely for me. For sheen photos please see Lgsoltek's review, and for fade test please see amberleadavis' review.

To look at this ink from a different angle, I have mostly concentrated on the shading of this ink using different nib units that I used on my TWSBI 580 pen. I think this ink has great shading potential as long as the pen writes fairly wet. The highlight area is fuchsia and the darker shaded area is a dark violet. It reminds me of the 2nd formula of Black Swan in Australian Roses, but pinker and brighter. I am loving this ink at the moment.

I also did a quick chromatography and water resistance test. I hope it will be useful.

18975126849_5df1b8a01d_b.jpg

Pen: TWSBI 580 Rose Gold, Ink: Waterman's #2 "14KT" Canada nib with FPR ebonite feed, Paper: Tomoe River (White)

Tools used: TWSBI 580 Rose Gold pen with various nib units including factory, modified, and franken nibs.

19155436172_210d4a8961_b.jpg

7 nib units, from Left to Right: 580 Factory Broad, Mini White Broad with Pendleton's BLS mod, Waterman's #2 Canada, Waterman's #2 New York, "Standard" #4, Swan #3H, and Waterman's #2 "14KT" Canada.

18979306329_5ca72b2124_b.jpg

TWSBI 580 Factory Broad nib

18544734693_818dfc0c49_b.jpg

TWSBI Mini Rose Gold plated Broad nib modified to BLS by Pendleton Brown

19165347155_ca163c36c4_b.jpg

Waterman's #2 Canada nib with FPR ebonite feed

19165361845_e51b13214f_b.jpg

Waterman's #2 New York nib with FPR ebonite feed

18977683350_c39224e71d_b.jpg

"Standard" #4 nib with TWSBI 580 feed, set up by Mauricio Aguilar

18544792603_53e62af904_b.jpg

Swan #3H nib with FPR ebonite feed

19159651762_4175ac0759_b.jpg

Waterman's #2 "14KT" Canada nib with FPR ebonite feed

18542888964_1d608fe31c_b.jpg

Chromatography - Pretty!

18978262508_176b3c6e89_b.jpg

Water resistance - Poor. However some bluish dye will stay after 2 minutes soak, and drops of water blotted away in 15 seconds will leave some mark after blotting too. Also, the ink when washed has a fluoro look to it, like some really bright pink inks do (e.g. Diamine Hope Pink).

18980787980_e1649c43e1_b.jpg

Edited by SNAK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• mehandiratta

• Cyber6

• inotrym

Oh, this review was helpful all right. Helpful in enabling me to want to get my hands on this ink ASAP!! LOL Thanks for that ;)

Seriously though, gorgeous ink and photos. Those nibs are awesome. And that ink on paper towel? Swooning. :puddle:

Edited by Feathers

Thank you for your nice comments, they mean a lot to me.

It all started when I read Lgsoltek's review of this ink a few days ago, which inspired me to open up that bottle and ink it for the first time. I am so glad I did, so thanks Lgsoltek! :)

Wow! Thanks for this!

I still think that it takes the right nib for this ink to shine, but still, I think I'll have to find me a bottle of this...

(Darn.. I promised myself I would stop at 75 bottles...)

"If Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses had a hot and passionate love affair and produced a love child, this is it."

Lots and lots of mental imagery in that sentence. Maybe too much.

I have put my Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses into separate bedrooms. I already have two bottles of Bung Box L'Amant to "bring up". L'Amant is French for "the lover".

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

"If Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses had a hot and passionate love affair and produced a love child, this is it."

I have put my Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses into separate bedrooms. I already have two bottles of Bung Box L'Amant to "bring up". L'Amant is French for "the lover".

LOL!!!

:lticaptd: Make sure they don't sneak out late at night!! They are passionate those two!

LOL... Next year you will be at 175... :lol: :lol:

I fear so!

I was thinking about going for samples instead, but part of my addiction is the pretty bottles...

Ok, I 'm doomed..

LOL!!!

:lticaptd: Make sure they don't sneak out late at night!! They are passionate those two!

I fear so!

I was thinking about going for samples instead, but part of my addiction is the pretty bottles...

Ok, I 'm doomed..

In the past, I have sat all my ink bottles and fountain pens down to explain to them the dangers of ITDs (Ink Transmitted Diseases). I show them photos of fungus, nib creep, and various other conditions in an effort to "scare them straight".

I have arranged a special session today for Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses. I am working on a Power Point presentation now.

I believe that my bottles of L'Amant are too young to understand these things. But I will be keeping a close eye on them, and when the time comes . . . .

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

In the past, I have sat all my ink bottles and fountain pens down to explain to them the dangers of ITDs (Ink Transmitted Diseases). I show them photos of fungus, nib creep, and various other conditions in an effort to "scare them straight".

I have arranged a special session today for Hope Pink and Black Swan in Australian Roses. I am working on a Power Point presentation now.

I believe that my bottles of L'Amant are too young to understand these things. But I will be keeping a close eye on them, and when the time comes . . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with that!

Alas the last pic is not available any more........

This is the reason we ask you all to PLEASE use the UPLOAD facility.

You can even upload your photo's from external storage but then they will be safe here in your post, and no chances of accidental deletion!

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

:lticaptd:

That is so funny, Frank!

But wouldn't it be nice if they bred like that? Hope Pink and Aussie Roses are much easier to come by these days!

Alas the last pic is not available any more........

This is the reason we ask you all to PLEASE use the UPLOAD facility.

You can even upload your photo's from external storage but then they will be safe here in your post, and no chances of accidental deletion!

D.ick

Sorry RMN, I'll do better and remember to upload next time. :blush: