New Pelikan M201 Bayou For Fph

sargetalon

much to my surprise I was notified that mine shipped today as well. I'm anxious to see how the Italic nib performs.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• risingsun

• daenghafez

• jkingrph

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm an idiot. In my excitement to pay I gave my debit card number with my credit card details. Doh! I spoke with FPH and cleared it up so my pen is now in the mail and should be here Monday/Tuesday. While I had them on the phone, I inquired how many pieces that they have left for sale and, as of this morning anyway, the answer was about 30.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Wow. Selling like hotcakes. I hope this leads to other joint ventures between the two.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Received the shipping notification from FPH that my italic m201 is on its way to Singapore.

Can't wait to see the actual thing.

Yes, I got my shipping email today as well! I have been practicing being excited by putting the black cap from an M600 onto my Grand Place and squinting at it. The dark blue veins are emphasised by the black of the cap quite effectively. I don't have a Cafe Creme (yet) but more squinting with the Grand Place and the cap from a brown tortoise M800 makes me think that black will actually works better because the binde has such a red tinge.

Yesterday I received a M205 Telekom (bought from the classifieds) which of course is another LE (5000 according to Regina Martini), with pink and grey marble. This made me think again how odd a thing the LE Bayou is for today's Pelikan to produce. I would love to know more of the backstory from FPH, and wonder if anything else is likely to appear.

John

Yesterday I received a M205 Telekom (bought from the classifieds) which of course is another LE (5000 according to Regina Martini), with pink and grey marble. This made me think again how odd a thing the LE Bayou is for today's Pelikan to produce. I would love to know more of the backstory from FPH, and wonder if anything else is likely to appear.

John

M200 Telekom. Predates the M205 line and is the only M200 with silver colored trim.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Do you know when the 00/05 numbering came in, not just for the M200 line, but the whole lot? And does that mean that the Telekom was the first Pelikan with a silver toned steel nib? If so, even more interesting than I thought!

John

Edited by encremental

Do you know when the 00/05 numbering came in, not just for the M200 line, but the whole lot? And does that mean that the Telekom was the first Pelikan with a silver toned steel nib? If so, even more interesting than I thought!

John

I might be wrong. Possibly it started with M805 black. Cant recall the year.

Not to stray too far off topic here but the x05 designation came about in 2002 if I'm not mistaken with the release of the M805 and M405 that year. The M205 didn't make its debut until three years later in 2005.

I was glad to run across this thread. Being a native of the "Bayou" state, I ordered one, with a med nib. According to FPH web site they are still in stock.

Regards

Jeff

Beautiful pen. Even better in person than in the photos. To answer the question, the barrel is indeed trasnluscent to allow for viewing the ink level. The tag from Pelikan reads "Water soil" which would fit the blue and brown coloring nicely. I think there are going to be 100 very happy people.

fpn_1436711319__bayou1.jpg

fpn_1436711339__bayou2.jpg

fpn_1436711354__bayou3.jpg

Oh wow, that is gorgeous! What nib size did you go for and how does it write?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Oh Goodie.. Translucent indeed contrary to the GP.. Though a replica of GP, at least there is a deviation from GP on the transparency. I was hesitant earlier but now I am looking forward to have it.

Congrats on your latest M200 series pen, Joshua!

I picked an italic nib for myself. Figured I'd get something not readily available though I already have the italic nib on my new style black M200. Haven't inked it up yet but wanted to get some pics up for you guys.

Looks great! Thanks for the photos and the info about the translucency.

Can't wait for mine to get here.

That's interesting-looking! I might be tempted if I weren't already planning on getting the amethyst demonstrator.

I just got an email back from Iguanasell, the amethyst FP will sell for 115, the matching bp for 106.

They are sending a paypal invoice for 15% to reserve tomorrow. Delivery will be in Sept. I am ordering for my wife.

Regards

Jeff

As new pens go, this one hits the sweet spot:

It's a pelikan, it's a nice looking brown, (brown and green pens have a leg up with me), and ... an italic nib! It's been a while since I have bought a pen and I must admit I have been watching for one of several vintage pens. but with the limited number of these that are, or will be available I thought it was a good place to go off the rails a but. I've placed an order.

I have a Kaigelu which looks a lot like this.

Hello! I don't understand why the italic nib is so special for this pen. Italic nibs can be purchased separately, and the italic nib for this particular pen is un-plated steel (see drop-down nib choice: "silver tone"). I'd rather purchase a gold-plated italic nib for this pen. As far as I know, they are available, so it's puzzling why a gold-plated nib is not available for this M201. Does anyone have information about this?

/Robert

No matter where you go, there you are.

I thought they ran out of gold tone as it had become so popular, thus silver tone was offered instead. Silver definitely wasn't an option when I ordered mine.

John