Is That Possible? Delta Trouble

katanankes

I am puzzled by my most recent purchase.

I acquired a number of Delta piston filler and I am very pleased with the nib, balance etc... but that's not the point.

Recently I bought a Delta Dolcevita Oro Oversize but what I got is actually shorter (half centimeter) than the Oro Piston filler I already own. I was expecting the opposite. I contemplated the possibility to just have gotten the a medium (C/C) by mistake, but actually everything fits the Oversize description: it has the huge number 8 nib, ostensibly bigger than the nib on the Piston filler, and it has a wider diameter.

Is that possible? What did I get wrong?

For sure Delta was able to put together a confusing product line, I see from past threads that this kind of confusion is not unheard of.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• katanankes

• pp763

• juacal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIRC the Delta Oversize is a cartridge/converter only pen, not a piston filler.

Hi Jar Jar, sorry if this is not clear, but yes, I am clear about this. My supposedly oversize oro is a C/C. Then I have a number of piston filler as a comparison.

I think that the oversize compares with respect to the medium size model of Dolcevita:

Foto1.jpg?dl=0

The stantuffo (piston) model increase its size due to the ink window added to the resin so the lenght difference is not so evident (although there are other differences like the girth and the nib, of course).

Looks like you have a Delta Dolcevita Oversize, not a Delta oversize Oro.

http://www.fototime.com/350E4311D32F3B5/large.jpg

Here are the measurements for my Delta Dolcevita OS:

http://www.fototime.com/70EBF5263607762/standard.jpg

I seem to recall FPN had a spirited chat about the sizes and filling options on the Oro many moons ago....

Edited by torstar

• 1 month later...

Hi - I have a piston and an oversized. I recently shipped my oversized back for repair and due to some issues in shipping they sent me a new pen. Interestingly the oversized is less than 5.5 inches capped and shorter than my piston. I actually thought my other oversized was longer, since it goes in a wrap and you kinda know how much the top wraps over.

It is fatter and posts to 7 inches. Wonder if this is a new thing?

Hi - I have a piston and an oversized. I recently shipped my oversized back for repair and due to some issues in shipping they sent me a new pen. Interestingly the oversized is less than 5.5 inches capped and shorter than my piston. I actually thought my other oversized was longer, since it goes in a wrap and you kinda know how much the top wraps over.

That's exactly what I experienced! I need to post pics as soon as I have a second!

That's the right length for a capped Delta Dolcevita Oversize. Mine is 138mm capped and just under 7" posted.

http://www.fototime.com/70EBF5263607762/standard.jpg

Just checked and my stantuffo is also longer than my oversize. Both brand new 2015 pens from martemodena

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

The OS was designed to be used as an ED filler as well.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

The OS was designed to be used as an ED filler as well.

And in the case of chatterley luxuries a piston filler as well although from what ive read it doesnt perform to well as an ED and i certainly wouldnt use mine as one for 2 reasons

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B