The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Ink Batches Have Arrived!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2015 - 23:40

Dearest Members and Visitors of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

As already announced in an earlier topic, we would announce when new batches of inks would be available again, and this moment is now. :)

BTW: Sun Shade Alert - i.e., put your sun shades on before scrolling any further ;).

Stock and Shipping Change

The major changes from the previous batches are that we will only make the ink available which has been packed for shipping. Furthermore, we will only ship in the weekend.

All this in order to make it possible to keep up with orders etc., without overworking our amazing Ink Moderator, Amberlea, who also takes care of the shipping and handling of inks.

In case you are wondering: we do have way, way more in stock than is indicated on the web site, but will only update the available stock when more is packaged, ready for shipping.

As before FPN Supporters do get a discount on our inks, and both Supporter Donations and Purchasing of inks may be done through our store, see here:

http://www.fountainp...om/forum/store/

New FPN Ink Available

Our new ink, previously announced as Voltaire Carmine Red, is also available, finally. In long discussions with our ink supplier and a few Voltaire guru's, we found it necessary to change the name of this ink, however.

The name we eventually settled upon, is Voltaire Candide Vermilion, to reflect the colour better, and with a reference to one of his most studied works. For the colour and relation to Voltaire's work, please do read the description of this ink in the store :). We have both 4.5 oz bottles with a free Charlie pen, and the standard 3 oz bottles. Again, as before, FPN Supporters will get a discount on the inks.

Here is the label:

fpn_1435187886__crossed_ts.jpg

And to get an impression of its shading characteristics:

fpn_1435187948__voltaire-shading.png

All other inks also in stock!

Just as a reminder, here follow the labels of our other inks once more ;).

fpn_1353683490__fpnink_gmb_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683503__fpnink_dtn_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683515__fpnink_vgsnb_label_t.jpg

And next....

We are also still in the process of designing another new ink, which will follow the normal procedure of label design here on FPN :).

Enjoy!

Warm regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin Team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2015 - 22:42

What's the current batch of Galileo look like?  Previous versions I've seen looked more red than brown.  :( 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2015 - 22:44

The current batch looks as it is supposed to look, properly brown.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#4 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:07

Does anyone have a writing sample of Dumas? Thanks!

Edited by Portia of Belmont, 30 June 2015 - 01:07.

#5 ian1964

ian1964

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:46

I would love to support FPN further by getting some of this Ink but the P&P has stopped me in my tracks!

#6 mikehodgman

mikehodgman

Mike

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2015 - 20:40

Any inks left?!?! I wasn't paying attention :(

#7 Katherines

Katherines

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2015 - 21:41

Any inks left?!?! I wasn't paying attention :(

Yes there are lots left! as of this moment I saw 27 3oz of Voltaire, 20 4.5 oz of the same, 29 Galileo's, 28 Dumas Tuilpe, 18 Van Gogh and 18 samples.

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

#8 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:07

Just check the ink store :), here:

http://www.fountainp...ry/12-fpn-inks/

We actually have more than what is listed in the Store, but we only add more when Amberlea has had the time to wrap more bottles for quick and easy shipping.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#9 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:53

I'm ready again!  The GMB is really a wonderful brown and after using it for more than 8 weeks in a TWSBI, it was a great performer! 

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#10 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 16:12

I'm ready again!  The GMB is really a wonderful brown and after using it for more than 8 weeks in a TWSBI, it was a great performer! 

What color is the current batch of GMB?  I saw one review where it looked more brownish red than brown, and the batch someone in my local pen club had from a couple of years ago was also pretty red-leaning.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#11 kookatsoon

kookatsoon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 18:03

Yes there are lots left! as of this moment I saw 27 3oz of Voltaire, 20 4.5 oz of the same, 29 Galileo's, 28 Dumas Tuilpe, 18 Van Gogh and 18 samples.

Hello...I did nt see anywhere one could purchase a sample, in the store...where did you find samples Kathrines?

#12 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 18:18

No samples as far as I am aware either.

As to quantities, you can see those in the list view rather than the grid view. You can select list view from the title bar (items are displayed in a grid by default), or for a direct list view link:

http://www.fountainp...inks/?view=list

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#13 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 18:29

What color is the current batch of GMB?  I saw one review where it looked more brownish red than brown, and the batch someone in my local pen club had from a couple of years ago was also pretty red-leaning.

The current batch is brown. All of the pink/red GMBs have been sold.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#14 Katherines

Katherines

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 18:52

Hello...I did nt see anywhere one could purchase a sample, in the store...where did you find samples Kathrines?

You can buy a 1.3 oz bottle of each of the Galileo, Dumas and Van Gogh as a 'sample' pack, not like the samples you can get from Goulet Pens for instance, sorry if I misspoke!

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

#15 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 19:07

You can buy a 1.3 oz bottle of each of the Galileo, Dumas and Van Gogh as a 'sample' pack, not like the samples you can get from Goulet Pens for instance, sorry if I misspoke!

Just to be clear,  the package is not samples, it is a total of three bottles that are each 3 oz. and has 1 bottle of each of the three colors.  Samples take a lot of time to make and send. The ink is a way for us to have a fundraiser to support FPN.  I donate my time to help make this happen.

#16 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 20:12

We have adjusted the header title to read "one (1) 3 oz. bottle of each" rather than "1 3 oz. bottle of each".

Hopefully this prevents any further confusion.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#17 Katherines

Katherines

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:21

Ah! My total bad then, I thought it was 3 bottles that were 1.3 oz each. Sorry Amberlea! Thank you for handling that so very very well. Still an awesome bargain for some amazing inks. Now if you'll all pardon me for a moment I need to pull my foot out of my mouth.....

#18 wimg

wimg

• FPN Admin

• 23,505 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:07

Nah, not at all - when one is deeply involved with this type of stuff, what seems logical and natural to one, becomes hard to see from a different perspective.

Feedback like this is always appreciated, so we may improve things, including the little things.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#19 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2015 - 21:52

Katherines, your feedback help us to know that it wasn't clear. Thank you for helping us!

#20 Dovucoe

Dovucoe

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 15:02

Sorry not too sure if this is the right place to post this, but if I made a purchase about 1 week ago, how long would it take to get shipped out? I'm having them shipped to a forwarder, and was kinda hoping that the inks would be able to make it in time for a consolidated shipment with my other purchases.

Sponsored Content

|