The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Eco

twsbi eco

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,530 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:33

Had mine since Aug.
- I had to tinker with the EF nib to get it to feel right TO ME. I am a bit fussy on that. Now it writes like a champ, a smooth writer.
- No issues with cracking.
- I do not post the pen, as that makes the pen too tail-heavy for me.
- I like how light the pen is. Great for long writing sessions, my hand does not get tired holding it, like it does with heavy pens.
- Diameter-wise, it is just marginally OK for me. If the body or section were any fatter, I could not use it. I would like a slim version, with the body 1 or 2 mm smaller in diameter.
- I wish the cap and piston knob were CLEAR.

Edited by ac12, 05 January 2016 - 03:33.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Sponsored Content

#82 stephanos

stephanos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 17:28

Reviving an old thread with a question:

Now that you guys have had your Ecos for a while, have the cracking issues indeed been resolved? I love the look and function of this pen more by the minute (especially after seeing the white pen/blue ink combos upthread *drool*) but the stories I've heard about cracking in TWSBI pens has me pretty nervous when I consider the alternatives that aren't known for that.

No problems at all with mine. Good pen, happy I bought it (so happy, in fact, that I went out and bought the other one recently so that I have both the black and white models).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, eco

Sponsored Content

|