Noodler's Canadian Exclusive!

Cyber6

NOODLER'S CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE!!!!

First, this is by no means an exhaustive review.. is more an INTRODUCTION to our new CANADIAN EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!

OK.. finally we get our own.. and I do say finally, because although the Noodler's Canadian Exclusive “Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham” was available at one time (years ago).. the ink in itself was not one of Nathans’ best. The ink had serious problems with separating dyes.. and a strong shake will almost reconstitute the ink, but not completely. The best I can say, it was an “interesting” ink. :huh:

BUT NO MORE!!!!!!!!... The new formulation of “Blue Upon the Plains of Abrahams”.. is just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Is the MOST gorgeous-luscious-dark-wet Blue EVER!!!!!!... I think it can be safely called Blue-Black… I love my Blue-Blacks, and this one is at the top (for now.. ;) )

ALSO….. New to the World of EXCLUSIVE inks.. is “The Raven.. forevermore”… or as we call it Raven Black. :D :D

I am no a black person.. and don’t care much about blacks… but I can’t object to this very dark-wet-velvety black. And the label… is awesome!!!! :D

Bottle pics

fpn_1434949724__noodlers-abraham.pngfpn_1434949750__noodlers-ravenblack.png

Writing samples

fpn_1434949085__noodlers_canadian2.jpg

fpn_1434949121__noodlers_canadian.jpg

And for the people who never saw a writing sample of the original formulation… here it is, beside the 2015 edition. No comparison .. right??

fpn_1434949159__comp_abraham.jpg

Before I forget … the ONLY place you can get this LUCIOUS ink is at our own… WONDERPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANUCKS!!!!... Don’t walk.. RUN TO GET your own Noodlers Canadian Exlusives !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• THRobinson

• Cyber6

• torstar

• Pira

LOL thanks for the review! :thumbup:

I saw this at WonderPens, and was debating picking up a bottle. I'm not really into blues or blacks, but that blue does look quite nice. Also, the hubby, who is into blues, will probably enjoy it as well.

The old version is quite different, eh?

It's a very nice dark blue. The old formula looks like a nightmare. Does The Raven have any special properties?

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

LOL thanks for the review! :thumbup:

I saw this at WonderPens, and was debating picking up a bottle. I'm not really into blues or blacks, but that blue does look quite nice. Also, the hubby, who is into blues, will probably enjoy it as well.

The old version is quite different, eh?

I should have been more clear.... RUN to get THIS formulation.... Before the new batch comes in and is not the same.... :P :P

(I really hope Mr. Nathan is not reading this... :ninja: ... I do enjoy his inks in general...)

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

It's a very nice dark blue. The old formula looks like a nightmare. Does The Raven have any special properties?

Beside s having an AWESOME LABEL... with "Forevermore..." written !!!! :lol: :lol: ...

I believe ... totally paraphrasing here.. is meant to mimic vintage inks... Water resistant, but not Bulletproof, and is supposed to be one of the blackest of the black inks from Noodlers. it was mentioned that is similar to Borealis Black. I do not know if that means the same dyes, or the same idea, or just the same ink with different labels. In any case... I think is DARK... seems to swallow the light around it... and I do LOVE the Label... no jokes there. Big fan of the Raven here.. . Forevermore.. :lol:

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I have to go to Toronto, and am hoping that the stars align to get to Wonder Pens (which would have the secondary bonus of taking me on a route to my final destination *without* going on the 407 -- apparently my EZ Pass transponder doesn't have any sort of reciprocal agreements with the Canadian highway system...).

I'm really looking forward to taking a peak at "Plains of Abraham" and maybe also asking about how Raven Black compares to some of the other Noodler's black inks (I was not overly impressed with Bulletproof Black when I tried it, but I'm starting to really like Heart of Darkness; I also have the FPH exclusive Old Manhattan, which is supposed to be an "eternal" ink -- it's super black, but I've noticed bleedthrough issues). I'm also not much of a black ink person, but it has it's uses.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nah, the 407 is strictly the domain of us Toronto fatcats who can pay the big toll or get work to pick up the tab. Many in my life rail against it and i say "Great, please don't use it!!!!'

I don't think you'd need the 407 to get to Wonder Pens from Pennsylvania.... it's in the heart of the city in a section that is trying to get trendy and gentrify at the same time....

I just might make a stop there myself tomorrow on the way home from the office.

I like Ravens but I'm not sure I'll take a walk (or a run) to Canada just to get these :)

Lucky you.. you don't have to... ;) ... I have a bottle of Copper Orange waiting for me to send it, I guess a bottle of Raven can go with it.. :D

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I was hoping for a red bulletproof ink exclusive to Canada. You listening Nathan? :) The new location for Wonder Pens is only a few minutes walk from my home and one of the organizers' home of the Toronto Pen show.

I am EVER so glad it's reformulated. I really like the new shade. Thank-you for the review ~ it really illustrates the differences :D. A friend snagged a sample for me and behold: a tree happened!

19125482145_ffe5c2ce49_z.jpgNoodler's Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Oh wow. That is DEFINITELY a must-have.... :puddle: Pira, you are such an enabler....

Okay then. A Wonder Pens pilgrimage it is. :thumbup: I'll decide when I get there about Raven Black. I guess I should think about bringing a couple of empty pens with me as well as the ones I'm using to take notes (I'm attending a symposium).

Maybe it's good that my husband is bailing on driving up to Toronto with me after all -- he'd be having a conniption. Maybe several. :blush: (Of course the really scary part is having to look "conniption" in an online dictionary to make sure I was spelling it correctly....)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

PIRA.. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!.. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am EVER so glad it's reformulated. I really like the new shade. Thank-you for the review ~ it really illustrates the differences :D. A friend snagged a sample for me and behold: a tree happened!

19125482145_ffe5c2ce49_z.jpgNoodler's Blue Upon the Plains of Abraham by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

**** BauerInks.ca ****

PIRA.. YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!.. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

*Blush* ...nah! Just avoiding housework and what better way to do that than playing with INKS!?!? :D

Oh wow. That is DEFINITELY a must-have.... :puddle: Pira, you are such an enabler....

Okay then. A Wonder Pens pilgrimage it is. :thumbup: I'll decide when I get there about Raven Black. I guess I should think about bringing a couple of empty pens with me as well as the ones I'm using to take notes (I'm attending a symposium).

Maybe it's good that my husband is bailing on driving up to Toronto with me after all -- he'd be having a conniption. Maybe several. :blush: (Of course the really scary part is having to look "conniption" in an online dictionary to make sure I was spelling it correctly....)

*enabling accomplished?* Yes! My work here is done! ;)

*enabling accomplished?* Yes! My work here is done! ;)

LOL I second the enabling part! You have completely sold me on this. @inkstainedruth, you'd better call ahead to WonderPens and make sure they keep a bottle aside for you - it would awful to show up and not have any in stock.

Good review... but... why not Maple Leaf Red or something?

Don't get me wrong I am liking the shading in that blue, but being Canadian, I always associate us with red and white.

... then again I don't live in Quebec I guess. :D I understand the history behind it (7yr War) but wish it was red nonetheless.

Edited by THRobinson

LAMY Al Star (Limited Ed. Copper Orange) w/ Noodler's Apache Sunset

LAMY Safari (Black) w/ Noodler's Black (Bulletproof)

LAMY Safari (Red) w/ Noodler's Eel Rattler Red

Noodler's Ahab (Clear Demonstrator) Used for Testing Inks

Parker Urban (London Cab Black) w/ Diamine Red Dragon

Parker Reflex (Green Pearl) w/ J.Herbin's Poussiere de Lune