Fountain Pen Database Available for Download

jonro

Like others here, I cannot express my appreciation enough.

I do have one question--

If I install this to a thumb drive or portable hard drive, will it find my database appropriately if I connect the drive to various computers? I am using the PC version of the database.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jerry

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonro

• TrevorML

• Bisquitlips

• Deirdre

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work, but have not tested that configuration. I'll be interested to know how it works.

I do have one question--

If I install this to a thumb drive or portable hard drive, will it find my database appropriately if I connect the drive to various computers? I am using the PC version of the database.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jerry

jonro - those of us who have been using and will continue to use your new and improved version of your fantasticallly useful pen database owe you a huge THANK YOU. Wow...and double Wow! Can hardly wait to use the import function. Many thanks.

Kudzu

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

jonro - those of us who have been using and will continue to use your new and improved version of your fantasticallly useful pen database owe you a huge THANK YOU. Wow...and double Wow! Can hardly wait to use the import function. Many thanks.

Kudzu

Please let me know if the instructions for importing from the old database were okay or if I need to give a more detailed explanation.

Hi, Jonro - I just downloaded the new database and checked it out. The strange news is that I didn't have to use the import function at all. I have a folder set up labeled Fountain Pens. Both the original data base and your new 1.5 version were downloaded to it. When I opened the new 1.5 version, all my old pen inventory data were there. Great! Then I printed my inventory out and found that the righthand side still cuts off. It will print through the Date Purchased column, but cuts off the Purchase Price and Date Sold columns. Any fix for that? However, all the other new features you've added are a complete WOW. Thanks so much. Ok, time to go update my inventory!

Kudzu

I would love to import other member's data base... anyone wanting to share? How can I do that?

I was considering something along those lines or an online searchable database. I might add a feature to the next release that would allow everyone to export their records into separate files. These files could be imported into a communal or online version of the database.

Jon

Kudzu

Please let me know if the instructions for importing from the old database were okay or if I need to give a more detailed explanation.

I was unable to make it work so more detailed instructions would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

I would love to import other member's data base... anyone wanting to share? How can I do that?

I was considering something along those lines or an online searchable database. I might add a feature to the next release that would allow everyone to export their records into separate files. These files could be imported into a communal or online version of the database.

Jon

That would be more than great. an excelent resource for newbies like me :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just downloaded the program. Very nicely done. Thank you.

But I wonder do you have to fill the database your self or does it come with a database? Because if it comes with a database I cant find it.

Hi there,

I just downloaded the program. Very nicely done. Thank you.

But I wonder do you have to fill the database your self or does it come with a database? Because if it comes with a database I cant find it.

It's for you to track your personal collection. It doesn't come preloaded with any entries. Something like that is a thought for a future version.

• 2 weeks later...

A note to say thank you - downloaded and found to be a most helpful inventory document.

Regards

Innes

Jonro, thanks from a new member for making this. Seeing your coffee database sitting there, I grabbed it also. I Unzipped both programs, and looked at the coffee first, which opened up and displayed great.

Then I tried to launch the Fountain Pen Inventory.exe file from that other set of folders, and it gives no response. I will try rebooting to see if something got loaded from the coffee that prevented the pen program from loading. (Using XP Pro)

Edited by SamCapote

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

I do have one question--

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jerry

Yes it works fine on a USB stick. (only printing still cuts of the right margain.

BY The WAY:

This Database is GREAT!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT!

Thanks Jonro!

Very nice!

I have been putting off doing a complete inventory of my, 60 Plus, collection of Pens, but Now I have my "Round Tuit", so now I can start!

Thanks Again! Well done!

Claude

• 3 weeks later...

Jonro,

Thank you very much for this great program.

I just downloaded it and imported some of my pens in it. It is really easy to use.

Thanks again from the Netherlands. :D

Nicolet

"I am what I am because of what I have been." (David McCallum)

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I'm still experiencing the right hand side being cut off when I print - any fix in the works for this?

AND, it really is great to be able to store my information for each pen with accompanying photos and repair info. Terrific resource, Jonro.

Thanks again.

Kudzu

Jonro -

Cheers for sharing this - it is amazing! I'm a bit behind the power curve. This will definitely help me catch up.

« Il ne sait pas ce que c'est que de tremper son pied dans l'encre, et jamais n'a entrevu la porte de la salle de police. » Vidal

Help,

I downloaded the database and unzipped. Can't figure out how to run it. My pc keeps saying that I don't have whatever it needs to read it.

Charity