Top Posters In This Topic

• jonro

• TrevorML

• Bisquitlips

• Deirdre

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jon!

I just spent about 6 hours this weekend using your lovely database! Love it! 20 pens entered (I am too anal when it comes to details) and about 80 to go! Really enjoy using it!

Wanted to pause and say a big thank you for developing this!!! I went to your jonro website looking for a PayPal button to donate but didn't see one. I know it takes a lot of time to build DBs like this so I wanted to express my appreciation!

Many, Many, Thanks!

Richard

PS.... If you do have a way to donate to the cause please PM me!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't use either operating system, so tried to open it using Wine in Linux so must be missing some programme. #sigh#

Microsoft = pens with nibs that need replacing every 10,000 words and ink that has to be a different colour every time you change the nib

Apple: pens that you need to buy a new writing desk every time a new model comes out; proprietary ink, filler, and nib, and only writes on the most expensive paper

Linux: you can guess what I'll say.

Anyway, fun aside, any thoughts on how I can get this to load in Ubuntu 14xx and after?

...be like the ocean...

This is still the BEST DB for FPs on the net in my never to be humble opinion!

Rock on Jon!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

• 2 weeks later...

And I was just about to do an Excel file for it. Thanks so much.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great database. For some reason I could not read the user guide. It does not have any words, only one graphic. I have messed up by trying to duplicate the record, and it added one of my pens twice. So I deleted it. It shows I have 3 pens in my inventory, but I should only show two. To make matters worse, I somehow deleted the original file, and now only have the clone. Please someone tell me how to fix this. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I've been using the database for several weeks now and love it. I was just about to do an Excel page for my pens when this came along and it's so much better. Thank You.

"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr

• 5 weeks later...

I've realized that I have enough pens to warrant tracking the who/what/when/where/ect. This is a perfect system for what I need.

Any plans for making a copy and re-titling it "Fountain Pen Ink Inventory"? I do realize that, as a database, this could be used for both pens and ink as-is. Just was on my mind as the other thing I need to start tracking!

Many thanks for putting this software up for everyone!

After using the software for bit, I now realize it has an Ink Tracking section already built in. I totally missed that before; no doubt someone in this long thread has already pointed it out.

Software just got even more useful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anybody that made this DB work on a Mac recently?

I just downloaded and it started right up for me. Running OSX El Capitan.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using this ap for 3 years. I apologize for the long overdue Thank you!!!!

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

"You want to be a writer, don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen." ---Paul Simon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble with this and can not work out how to use it! Here is a screen shot of what I see with pone card open. I have no idea what I should be seeing but do not think that this is right. The only fields I have filled in are the Pen Name and Model. I am not seeing any titles for fields and the headings in the dark green section are almost unreadable. I wonder if it is something to do with my Mac system which is OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.5.

post-129990-0-68594800-1464013247_thumb.jpgAny help would be most appreciated.

“They took my books because my message was love.

They took my pen because my words were love.

Then they took my voice because my song was love.

Soon they’ll take myself so nothing remains.

But they don’t know that when I'm gone my love will stay.” Kamand Kojouri

I am having trouble with this and can not work out how to use it! Here is a screen shot of what I see with pone card open. I have no idea what I should be seeing but do not think that this is right. The only fields I have filled in are the Pen Name and Model. I am not seeing any titles for fields and the headings in the dark green section are almost unreadable. I wonder if it is something to do with my Mac system which is OSX El Capitan Version 10.11.5.

attachicon.giffig.jpgAny help would be most appreciated.

I'm running the same version of El Capitan on my Mac and having no issues:

post-127500-0-80027700-1464116649_thumb.jpg

If I were you I would remove it from your Mac and try again.

I'm running the same version of El Capitan on my Mac and having no issues:

If I were you I would remove it from your Mac and try again.

Tried that a number of times with the same result. I am now wondering whether there is a minimum Ram or Memory needed, I am using a Mac Mini 1.4 GHz 4 GB Memory. It would be odd but could it be the problem?

“They took my books because my message was love.

They took my pen because my words were love.

Then they took my voice because my song was love.

Soon they’ll take myself so nothing remains.

But they don’t know that when I'm gone my love will stay.” Kamand Kojouri