Japanese Pen Brag Page

Mookli

Oh no...a Koi!

Random lot of pens that arrived yersterday. There was also a Platinum toadskin pen but that was for a friend.

28807877036_845101e3ff_b.jpg

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• stan

• Mookli

• mallymal1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Ernest Shin pen is a thing of beauty...you are fortunate to own it.

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

• 2 weeks later...

My new Pilot Custom 823 which comes with Broad Nib and it is currently inked with Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku. The pen is a real beauty and yes the clear transparent one is so perfect.

img_20160816_1511291.jpg?w=1000

img_20160816_1511081.jpg?w=1000

img_20160816_1512021.jpg?w=1000

Would love to know how is your experience with this pen and what is your favourite colour in Pilot Custom 823??

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My new Pilot Custom 823 which comes with Broad Nib and it is currently inked with Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku. The pen is a...

Would love to know how is your experience with this pen and what is your favourite colour in Pilot Custom 823??

Congratulations Vaibhav. It is really a stunning pen. I have not seen any 823 in person but looking at the images of all colours your clear one is the most beautiful.

Congratulations Vaibhav. It is really a stunning pen. I have not seen any 823 in person but looking at the images of all colours your clear one is the most beautiful.

Thank you brother

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• 2 weeks later...

The 823 might be my favorite pen. Someone, I think here at FPN, said the Fine nib in the 823 is the best in the world. I know you can't really pick one nib above all others, but I'm not sure there is a better one.

Today I found a bunch of Tomoe River paper I forgot I had. Trying it out with my Platinum 3776 Yama clip, love the feeling of urushi when writing and the nib is quite springy!

IMG_5636.jpg

Added a Nakaya Neo Standard Aka Tamenuri with a Mottishaw stubbed double broad nib.

http://www.fototime.com/384D1440EC92BAF/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/0DEB9F0E2839376/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/B53FD661D7E7EEE/medium800.jpg

Very nice, Jar. Use it in good health!

David

The pen has a serious design flaw, even bigger than needing almost four turns to cap or uncap. It is so glaring I am amazed a company like Nakaya thought they could get away with it.

It will not fit in my 4 for $10.00 T-Shirt pockets.

The pen has a serious design flaw, even bigger than needing almost four turns to cap or uncap. It is so glaring I am amazed a company like Nakaya thought they could get away with it.

It will not fit in my 4 for $10.00 T-Shirt pockets.

Hmmmm .... Well, you could have the cap drilled and a ring inserted. Wear the pen on a ribbon around your neck. It sounds like the cap attaches quite securely. Just don't eat soup while wearing it. :P

Funny you should mention your tee shirts. Syd Saperstein and I had a conversation about the inadequacy of many shirt breast pockets for carrying fountain pens. You can guess what pen started that topic off. Syd carries said pen in a zip-up pouch in his pants' front pocket. I don't think I would do that with your Nakaya. Maybe wrapped in its kimono and stuck in your obi? :unsure: I dunno. It's a problem.

David

Y'know, for years I was like everyone else and gravitated to Heki Tamenuri first and formost when it came to oogling over Nakayas. I didn't like the Aka Tamenuri much. It was....red. Blah.

Then I looked at more of them. Then more. And more.

Now the Aka is my favorite of all the finishes (except for Shiro Tamenuri, which they've discontinued). It's just simply stunning.

Wonderful pics of your newest acquisition. Enjoy!

Hmmmm .... Well, you could have the cap drilled and a ring inserted. Wear the pen on a ribbon around your neck. It sounds like the cap attaches quite securely. Just don't eat soup while wearing it. :P

Funny you should mention your tee shirts. Syd Saperstein and I had a conversation about the inadequacy of many shirt breast pockets for carrying fountain pens. You can guess what pen started that topic off. Syd carries said pen in a zip-up pouch in his pants' front pocket. I don't think I would do that with your Nakaya. Maybe wrapped in its kimono and stuck in your obi? :unsure: I dunno. It's a problem.

David

I think I will follow Sheaffer's advice for carrying fountain pens for Guys.

http://www.fototime.com/A3822476E16ED79/large.jpg

Here is my most recent acquisition, a Platinum 3776 Maki-e and Raden with an Ancient Bird (古代鳥) design. The artist's signature looks to me like "Kosono". It's a great writer!

DSC_0276.jpg