Japanese Pen Brag Page

Mookli

Greetings all,

Do we have a "Japanese pen brag page" , like the "What Parker are you using this day?" page or the Pelikan "Whats the most recent addition to the flock?" page.

A interesting brag page is the "Whats the most recent MB purchase?"

These pages allow us to share our enthusiasm, joy and pride with a community that appreciates and supports and even encourages this compulsive behavior.

Pens need not be exotic or expensive, pictures are whatever can be achieves with what at hand.

And the reason I ask......

I just adopted this Sailor Denshiro and wanted to share this beautiful pen with all who love Sailor pens.

The material used for the barrel is wild cherry tree bark, a traditional material used by the Samurai.

This work is only done in one town in Japan, Kakunodate, located in Senboku District, Akita Prefecture.

Few have the skill to preform this work but for 5 generations the Fujiki Denshiro company has been making items from the bark. They made the barrels for Sailor and so proudly, Denshiro is engraved next to Sailor on the cap-band and the pen become its namesake.

What I love about Japanese pens it the harmonious blend between atheistic sensitivity and technical performance. Here we have the traditional craft of the Samurai, with Nobuyoshi Nagahara's masterful nib design, brought together to a balance of beauty and function.

My thanks goes to all the craftsmen for their relentless pursuit of perfection.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-Vj6kKD4/0/X2/sailor%20denshiro-X2.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• stan

• Mookli

• mallymal1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very nice pen

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Texture:

The dark wood is smooth and the scars or markings (for lack of a better name) have texture.

I have never seen a Japanese wild cherry tree in the flesh but found this picture.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-ZKw5g6h/0/L/490-japanese-bark_68659_1-L.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

That's a beautiful pen; your photography shows it off well, too.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

I agree we should have a brag page for recently acquired Japanese pens but we know they speak for themselves.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Texture:

The dark wood is smooth and the scars or markings (for lack of a better name) have texture.

I have never seen a Japanese wild cherry tree in the flesh but found this picture.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-ZKw5g6h/0/L/490-japanese-bark_68659_1-L.jpg

I think there is also a maki-e technique that mimics this cherry bark pattern...

I think there is also a maki-e technique that mimics this cherry bark pattern...

Yes, Danitrio has used the technique for a while. I think they just use the word for cherry, sakura.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

fpn_1434945520__pilot_falcon.jpg

I tried a Falcon once and loved the flex, since then I have been looking for one but since they are so desirable, they usually sell high. I like the way the nib looks, quite unique. Lovely pen!

I also like your choice of ink, I have been trying to be more adventitious, but haven't worked my way up to Poppy corn yet! :D

http://i.want.tf/to/that/azueUBlY4.jpg

besides the CH 91 with a broken section that I have no way of fixing...

I am not familiar with the CH 91, Was that section used on any other pens? could you possibly find a donor pen?

Greetings all,

Do we have a "Japanese pen brag page" , like the "What Parker are you using this day?" page or the Pelikan "Whats the most recent addition to the flock?" page.

A interesting brag page is the "Whats the most recent MB purchase?"

These pages allow us to share our enthusiasm, joy and pride with a community that appreciates and supports and even encourages this compulsive behavior.

Pens need not be exotic or expensive, pictures are whatever can be achieves with what at hand.

And the reason I ask......

I just adopted this Sailor Denshiro and wanted to share this beautiful pen with all who love Sailor pens.

The material used for the barrel is wild cherry tree bark, a traditional material used by the Samurai.

This work is only done in one town in Japan, Kakunodate, located in Senboku District, Akita Prefecture.

Few have the skill to preform this work but for 5 generations the Fujiki Denshiro company has been making items from the bark. They made the barrels for Sailor and so proudly, Denshiro is engraved next to Sailor on the cap-band and the pen become its namesake.

What I love about Japanese pens it the harmonious blend between atheistic sensitivity and technical performance. Here we have the traditional craft of the Samurai, with Nobuyoshi Nagahara's masterful nib design, brought together to a balance of beauty and function.

My thanks goes to all the craftsmen for their relentless pursuit of perfection.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-Vj6kKD4/0/X2/sailor%20denshiro-X2.jpg

That is a seriously beautiful looking pen there. Is it heavy? It looks like it would feel delightful. Also, your photography is lovely too.

Here is my Platinum Takashimaya daisy limited edition:

Actually, that is a Dianthus...

And a very good looking pen!

Here is my Platinum Takashimaya daisy limited edition:

Very nice, I hadn't seen this one before. How are the snap caps on those Platinums? Is it pretty secure?

Thanks for showing it off for us :)