The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Namaste From Bharat

intro

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cvk

cvk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 18:35

Greetings!

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 20:25

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 21:13

Hello CVK, I have Camlin Royal Blue sitting on my desk right now!  Welcome aboard!  Prepare to learn more about pens that you (or I) ever thought was possible!

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#4 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 22:43

Namaste, CVK, welcome to FPN

Enjoy your forum, and let us please enjoy your lovely handwriting regularly.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, KEEP INSIDE, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#5 VirtuThe3rd

VirtuThe3rd

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,827 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 06:56

Hi! Welcome to FPN. :W2FPN: 
I'm really glad you've joined us.

Enjoy! 

Best wishes from Japan,
VirtuThe3rd

#6 varun

varun

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 07:19

Welcome cvk! What part of India do you hail from? The Camlin Elegante is one of my favourite pens and so are the camlin inks, especially the royal blue and scarlet red.

#7 cvk

cvk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:12

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@varun: I am from Chennai. The elegante is quickly becoming my favorite too. I only discovered it very recently, and it was quite hard to find. I have also been using the Camlin Royal Blue for as long as I can remember. :) Never had any problems whatsoever, so much so that I almost take it for granted. I find the other inks mentioned on this site ridiculously expensive. :yikes:, but maybe I need to get used to that. I still remember how shocked I was when the price of the Camlin 60ml bottle was increased from Rs 12 ( $ 0.19) to Rs 30 ($0.47) . :)

How do you like the Scarlet Red? Never used it. May I ask if you use it for regular writing?

Edited by cvk, 21 June 2015 - 09:13.

#8 Wahl

Wahl

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 14:54

:W2FPN:

#9 GordonOZ

GordonOZ

Chief Plumber

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2015 - 23:43

Welcome aboard - nice handwriting.....

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

#10 nachum

nachum

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 00:47

Namaste and welcome!

#11 varun

varun

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:44

I agree, the imported inks really do feel outrageously expensive when compared to the inks produced in India. Like you said though, maybe it's time we get used to it! The Camel Scarlet Red is a nice and bright ink with slightly pinkish hues. However I haven't used it for regular writing yet. I actually use a mix of Camel's blue and black inks which creates an interesting bluish-grey colour, that's my current favourite for regular writing. Mixing the blue and red creates a deep shade of purple which looks good as well. Try it out if you feel like experimenting with some mixed inks, all of th Camel ones mix safely with each other. I'm sure you have access to the excellent Bril inks as you're from chennai, too bad we don't get those up north :mellow: . In fact getting Chelpark inks is becoming quite a task now.

#12 cvk

cvk

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:42

I agree, the imported inks really do feel outrageously expensive when compared to the inks produced in India. Like you said though, maybe it's time we get used to it! The Camel Scarlet Red is a nice and bright ink with slightly pinkish hues. However I haven't used it for regular writing yet. I actually use a mix of Camel's blue and black inks which creates an interesting bluish-grey colour, that's my current favourite for regular writing. Mixing the blue and red creates a deep shade of purple which looks good as well. Try it out if you feel like experimenting with some mixed inks, all of th Camel ones mix safely with each other. I'm sure you have access to the excellent Bril inks as you're from chennai, too bad we don't get those up north :mellow: . In fact getting Chelpark inks is becoming quite a task now.

Wow. I did not know that we could mix Camel inks. Whenever you get a chance, could you please share a writing sample of Blue + Black and Blue + red? I'd love to see how they look.  :) The Bril factory is 1km from my previous residence, but out of habit, I have always stuck with Camlin throughout :)

#13 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 19:38

Welcome !

30  Rs for for 60 ml of fountain pen ink ?  You are just being cruel !   

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#14 H1N

H1N

Vintage Premium

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2015 - 21:31

Hello & welcome to FPN, glad to have you as a member

JGD

#15 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:38

Namaste cvk
Welcome here

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intro

Sponsored Content

|