Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 19 June 2015 - 19:41
Here are links to photos that wouldn't upload:https://goo.gl/LFYaFJ https://goo.gl/CfnHK https://goo.gl/kwo3MT
Posted 19 June 2015 - 21:16
- Start with Tony Fischier's great Parkerpens.net. His original Duofold section is at http://parkerpens.net/duofold.html.
That will give you background on the Duofold, including why it is an important pen.
- For more details, post at the Fountain Pen Board, which has some of the most serious pen collectors.
For restoration: send it to a professional. There are many great people, talented, experienced, people who know the old Duofolds. I can't suggest any one of the group because there are so many.
Tony begins his Duofold essay: "The Duofold is the pen that actually made the Parker Company one of the greatest pen-manufacturers of the world." Congratulations. You have inherited something special. That you inherited it from your great-grandfather is even more special.
Posted 19 June 2015 - 21:21
Parker Duofold Jr. with two narrow bands on the cap, made in the 1920s. Great high quality pen. The gripping section looks like someone left some plier marks. The nib seems to be set out to far out. If you do not have experience with repairing vintage pens, you will be better off sending it to a competent pen repair person. A family heirloom fountain pen cannot be replaced!
Posted 19 June 2015 - 23:02
One of several Big Red Duofolds was in my shirt pocket, when I bent over to pick up something. The 1925-era Parker fell from my pocket. It hit the floor horizontally, and shattered like a tea cup. No matter how tough we were in our youth, as we near 100 years old, we can become brittle.
In 1945, General Douglas was aboard the USS Missouri to sign the document
ending WWII. He used his wife's Big Red Parker Duofold, making it "one-of-a-kind" in all of history. She lost it.
Edited by Sasha Royale, 19 June 2015 - 23:06.
Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !
Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:40
Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:59
Thanks for the replies. I am unaware of when the section damage happened I suppose we can narrow it down to a 90 year range, lol.
The plier marks on the section can easily be removed and polished . A great pen. Restore it and enjoy using it.
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, vintage
Brand Focus →
Writing Instruments →
Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop →
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Reviews →