Just Announced - J Herbin 1670 Anniversary Emerald Of Chivor

thoddomas

Yep - just heard Brian Goulet announce this.

O.K. I need to confess. I am a little concerned about putting glitter in my pens. I know this has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I am still concerned about this. I've spent a "few" bucks on my pens, and really don't want to "muck" them up with ink with "stuff" in it. I guess I am probably paranoid. So, all of you wise pen counselors out there, is there a cure? Should I put in an order at Goulet Pens for ink samples for this one, and the other J. Herbin Anniversary inks?

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• saskia_madding

• AAAndrew

• DrDebG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O.K. I need to confess. I am a little concerned about putting glitter in my pens. I know this has probably been discussed ad nauseum, but I am still concerned about this. I've spent a "few" bucks on my pens, and really don't want to "muck" them up with ink with "stuff" in it. I guess I am probably paranoid. So, all of you wise pen counselors out there, is there a cure? Should I put in an order at Goulet Pens for ink samples for this one, and the other J. Herbin Anniversary inks?

If you are concern about your lovelies.. .buy yourself an inexpensive pen, with a good nib.. and enjoy the ink without any worries..

;)

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Good point. It may end up looking much more 'green' in person and on different papers too. To be honest, I truly don't care what colour it is, as long as it is shiny! ;) Hahhahaa, I want a brown one next, and a purple one too!

Can you mix red and blue to get purple? Please post the results.. :lol:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Rouge Hematite is an absolute pain to clean out, but it does come out. I have yet to have a terminal blockage. It just takes ages - and I do mean ages and involves soaking and all manner of nonsense. It's a great red though, even without the glitter. Stormy Grey on the other hand is great; few quick flushes and it's gone.

I don't put 1670 gold flake (or pigmented or iron gall) inks in expensive/vintage/delicate pens, but modern pens of low to moderate cost that are easy to disassemble are all fair game. I've never had an issue cleaning RH or SG out of a pen. Err on the side of caution with pen choice and maintenance and you should be fine.

Can't wait to get a bottle!

I love Rouge Hematite, but I only put it in pens that I can completely take apart. It's such a great color that it's always in something.

"Oh deer."

If you are concern about your lovelies.. .buy yourself an inexpensive pen, with a good nib.. and enjoy the ink without any worries..

;)

Thanks for your comments! If I do decide to purchase one of these inks I will also use it in one of my less expensive pens.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Rouge Hematite is an absolute pain to clean out, but it does come out. I have yet to have a terminal blockage. It just takes ages - and I do mean ages and involves soaking and all manner of nonsense. It's a great red though, even without the glitter. Stormy Grey on the other hand is great; few quick flushes and it's gone.

Thank you for your response! I do like the Stormy Grey, or the Bleu Ocean or perhaps this Emerald ink. Perhaps I will try a sample of the Stormy Gray first.

I don't put 1670 gold flake (or pigmented or iron gall) inks in expensive/vintage/delicate pens, but modern pens of low to moderate cost that are easy to disassemble are all fair game. I've never had an issue cleaning RH or SG out of a pen. Err on the side of caution with pen choice and maintenance and you should be fine.

Can't wait to get a bottle!

Thanks do much for your comments. Perhaps I will get a sample of these inks and try them in one of my Lamys.

The 1670 inks I have only go in my TWSBI pens. I left some Stormy Grey in a pen for too long and had to take it apart to get everything cleaned out. Wouldn't want to put it in a pen I couldn't take apart after seeing how many tiny, tiny flakes stayed in the feed even after flushing the pen till the water ran clear.

As for this new emerald version... it's certainly on my list of inks that I'm nearly willing to buy sight unseen.

I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered. I think I'll be taking advise, though, and trying it in something I'm happy to dismantle. I've got a couple of pens with nice nibs that I don't get around to using enough so perhaps I can lure myself towards them with funky ink.

Drat. I keep throwing money at my monitor, but nothing is happening. :angry:

(Maybe I should go get my name on a waiting list instead.)

It's hard for me to tell if the colour is more like Yama-dori or Ku-jaku. Regardless, I think I'll be picking up a bottle since I love the colour.

OK, so here is a teaser! Many thanks to J Herbin who sent us a sample...this is better than Christmas!

Mishka

Oh you tease! ;) It looks amazing!!!