New Pelikan Souverän 600 Pink Ladies Collection Special Edition.

Iguana Sell

I was so looking forward to this release! :( I, too, thought it'd be a softer pink. As it is, this shade of pink is really not for me, and it seems quite at odds with the typical Pelikan colours.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• sargetalon

• migo984

• haruka337

Luckily, something that I can joyfully ignore. In my opinion, a bit of a blot on the Pelikan landscape.

Using up some 'discovered' pink resin?

I stress again - my opinion and not for me.

Nice nibs though...

I'm with you Captain!!!

It looks so sweet. There are only two questions:

1. Does it taste like strawberry?

2. Is there a Pelican or Hello Kitty emblem on the cap top?

As a collector I must have it. But I better won't use it in a business meeting. :blush:

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

I do not get the gender specific rants? I am a guy and I think this is the first Pelican I have seen that I would actually buy. I think it is a gorgeous pen! And as for the box, my first thought was more of a shoe lace not a corset. I guess people see what they want to see.

I do not get the gender specific rants? I am a guy and I think this is the first Pelican I have seen that I would actually buy. I think it is a gorgeous pen! And as for the box, my first thought was more of a shoe lace not a corset. I guess people see what they want to see.

Or don't see what they don't want to see.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Considering that it is marketed as the Ladies' Collection, it's hardly surprising that people have responded in this way.

Anyway, back to the pen. Not for me, I don't go in for Barbie shades of pink.

I showed the picture to my wife and I won't say what she said.

Hahaha give my regards to your wife I agree. I'm also put off by the gender stereotyping - if Pelikan wants to bring out a pink pen, that could be kind of punk, but to call it a Ladies' Pen? (Here's a small pink one for you my tender lily!)

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I'm just thrilled that this is a release I don't have to have. Was starting to sweat there. Nice of Pelikan to release a model that gives a little breathing room.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I'm just thrilled that this is a release I don't have to have. Was starting to sweat there. Nice of Pelikan to release a model that gives a little breathing room.

hahaha I know what you mean. Cafe Creme yes? No? And the M800 Demo! Thank heavens these are pricey pens so that makes saying no easier.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Hahaha give my regards to your wife I agree. I'm also put off by the gender stereotyping - if Pelikan wants to bring out a pink pen, that could be kind of punk, but to call it a Ladies' Pen? (Here's a small pink one for you my tender lily!)

That's what he said...

On a serious note, I think some of you guys are taking this too seriously, and you're not accounting for the cultural differences between North America and the rest of the (buying) world. Elsewhere, everything doesn't have to be politically correct.

Just got a shipment of inks, including Scabiosa... Great ink for this pen. I won't be buying the pen because I don't love the color (not because of what the color might signify to me or others).

Considering that it is marketed as the Ladies' Collection, it's hardly surprising that people have responded in this way.

Anyway, back to the pen. Not for me, I don't go in for Barbie shades of pink.

Yep, it's offical! I apparently cannot read! I was totally awestruck by the beauty of this pen that I failed to see the text "ladies collection"

So I have to redact what I said and start fuming over sutch a sexist statement.

Why are products that are targeted to women usually the prettiest and what is marketed to a man is usually plain and boring!

Yep, it's offical! I apparently cannot read! I was totally awestruck by the beauty of this pen that I failed to see the text "ladies collection"

So I have to redact what I said and start fuming over sutch a sexist statement.

Why are products that are targeted to women usually the prettiest and what is marketed to a man is usually plain and boring!

Because we men are usually plain and boring... :)

On a serious note, I think some of you guys are taking this too seriously, and you're not accounting for the cultural differences between North America and the rest of the (buying) world. Elsewhere, everything doesn't have to be politically correct.

Plenty of us don't live in North America! Yes, I realise this pen will go down a storm in places like Japan.

And my distaste is nothing to do with "political correctness", which is trite, meaningless and long since discredited as a counter-criticism.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Hmm, not one I'll be saving for I think, but I can see it being a hit with some people! I wonder whether the non-pink stripes on the barrel will be transparent as with the other Souverän models, or whether it'll be white resin? Can't really tell from the teaser photos, I just imagine it would look a bit skewy with the pink stripes and dark ink behind?

Wow, the amount of posts that discuss sexism totally confused me. I don't understand so much emotion over something so trivial. No one seems to care when people say that a pen, say M320, is a ladies pen because of its diminutive size but when a brand comes out and markets a pen so because of its color (mind that it is a color that is usually liked more by the fairer sex) everyone makes a very big deal out of it. There have been numerous pens that have been marketed as "ladies pens" because of certain varying characteristics. The problem is not sexism, the problem is that we all are getting so touchy about this stuff. There are numerous groups of people out there with very different and oftentimes conflicting characteristics and if everyone gets fussy about the way something is said that is offending a certain group, we will only be able to talk in very generalized sentences. Think about this, what if Pelikan had made this pen in purple (my favorite color by far) and marketed as a ladies pen while offering it in a box that is something from the ladies' world? I bet I could find a lot of men who think that purple is a very nice color and would love to own the pen. Should I be offended because it was marketed as a ladies' pen? I abhor sexist remarks but I honestly can't see this as a sexist thing move by Pelikan (or anyone for that matter).

After such a long deliberation on a very popular issue, I'll get to the pen. I'm very disappointed. I fully expected this to be very similar to the white tortoise with varying shades of pink in the tortoise binde (mostly pale for transparency). Can't really say that this can even come close to the beauty of the white tortoise which, in my opinion, is the best modern tortoise and one that is closest to the vintage ones found on 400(also N and NN variants).

I was considering getting this as a gift for my girlfriend, but I don't think she'll like it. Still have to find out what she thinks of it by showing it to her in passing. At least I don't have to get one for myself!

As sarge says, maybe this is a good thing. This year Pelikan really put forward some amazing pens. I'm lusting after every release this year except this one. Sadly I can't buy any of them because a demo M1005 sits atop my wishlist :P

It's very hard to tell how transparent the barrel is from this photo--a lot of the Pelikan pens look more opaque in photos than in person (with some exceptions) where the translucency adds a lot to the beauty of the pen.

Whatever its opacity, I think this pen is very pretty--though I can't buy it since I spent my whole pen budget for the year on the gorgeous M800 brown tortoise (which has been called a masculine pen) :wub:

The box is funny. I don't care much about boxes.

Ever since my childhood I've been the guy who wears pink, so I love the idea of having a pink pen; plus the m600 is the size that suits my hand best. What bothers me about this one is that it doesn't feel modern. I would have done a charcoal grey cap and section with rhodium trim and more of vibrant shade of pink for the stripes. This photo is not of me (it might as well be as I would totally rock something similar with an equally scruffy look and slightly messy hair haha) but is the general color scheme of what I would have loved to see for this pen.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/light-blue-longsleeve-shirt-and-charcoal-v-neck-sweater-and-neon-pink-chinos-and-dark-brown-desert-boots-original-3795_zps0jafykfl.jpg

This is firmly going on my 'must have' list. I love the colour. I already have a soft cloudy pink Visconti, so a nice bright pink is right up my alley. I'm sure that striping is going to look even better in person. :wub:

I am so glad they went with the M600 as I much prefer that size over the M400. Can't say I like the packaging though. Personally, I think it's heinous and looks like it would be a pain in the butt to open (unless you don't actually have to untie the laces to open the box?) It looks really cheap and tacky. I'm sure there will be enough people complaining about the Barbie pink, but did they have to go and ruin the box too? :sick:

Ironically, I liked the look of the Grey Stressemann too -- just not the size or the price. And I absolutely HAD to have the M200 Café Crème, which isn't overly "girly" either.

Hadn't noticed the box at first. Yeah, I ended up thinking "corset" too (although partly that's due to some of the commentary...). I certainly did *not* think shoelaces.

Does anyone know offhand if Pelikan does do any of their "LE" or "Special Edition" pens in the M400 line? I've now, I think, seen pretty much everything BUT an M400. Of course, since they jacked up their prices, even the Café Crème was stretching the budget somewhat. :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."