New Pelikan Souverän 600 Pink Ladies Collection Special Edition.

Iguana Sell

Dear friends,

Due to the brand policies we are under an obligation to remove the pictures of this post.

As soon as Pelikan let us, we will put it on again! :D

Please receive our sincere apologies.

Iguana Sell Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are delighted to present you the lastest Pelikan introduction!

The new Pelikan Special Edition Souverän 600 Pink Ladies Collection.

This Special Edition is a wonderful gift either for yourself or for that special someone.

The traditional silhouette of the Souverän creates a nice contrast with the bold pink stripes.

Some features of these pieces:

- The white parts are made of high-quality resin.

- The pink parts are made in cellulose acetate carefully manufactured and turned into a sleeve.

- The clip and all rings are plated with 24 K gold.

- The Fountain Pen has a 14 K bi-color gold nib with rhodium trim.

The collection comes in a Fountain Pen and Ball Pen with a shiny silver-colored clip and rings.

The Fountain Pen nib can be in different sizes as EF, F, M, and B.

It comes in a beautiful and feminine special gift box !

Official Prices Europe:

Special Edition Souverän® 600 pink Fountain Pen - 370€

Special Edition Souverän® 600 pink Ball Pen - 270€

These pieces will be available at Iguana Sell this September!

If you would like to have further information, please contact us to info@iguanasell.com or at +34 91 441 50 41.

Have a great day.

Kind regards.

Marja

Iguana Sell

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• sargetalon

• migo984

• haruka337

Iguana Sell...

You state: "The Fountain Pen has a stainless steel nib in different sizes as EF, F, M, and B," but the photo seems to show a gold Pelikan m600 nib. The price seems a bit high, if it is actually a steel nib.

Iguana Sell...

You state: "The Fountain Pen has a stainless steel nib in different sizes as EF, F, M, and B," but the photo seems to show a gold Pelikan m600 nib. The price seems a bit high, if it is actually a steel nib.

Yeah, earlier on in the copy it says it's a gold nib. I'm confused, too.

Is it just me, or do the stripes on the fountain pen look a bit twisty? Is that normal for a Souveran? The stripes on the ballpoint's cap seem nice and straight.

Cute, though!

Edited by swanjun

It's a Souverän so I expect it to have a 14C nib like the rest of the M600 series. I think the stainless steel reference was a misprint.

I think the appearance of the stripes has to do with the angle of the shot though there is variability from pen to pen.

Iguana Sell has been doing a great job breaking news of new releases. I have to say I like the new M205 but can pass on this one.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Dear friends,

Thank you for your messages and your interest.

I'm sorry I misstyped! :wacko:

The nib of this fountain pen is NOT steel it is 14K Gold with Rhodium ! ;)

Thank you and don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

I'll be glad to help!

Kind regards.

Marja

Iguana Sell

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

Y'know... if this had a light pink section, blind cap, and cap and rhodium trim, I think I would be in raptures.

Luckily, something that I can joyfully ignore. In my opinion, a bit of a blot on the Pelikan landscape.

Using up some 'discovered' pink resin?

I stress again - my opinion and not for me.

Nice nibs though...

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks to Iguana Sell for breaking the news.

As for the pen, this one does nothing for me and I'll pass.

Now, the first thing my wife said when she saw it was "Its gorgeous!"... But the second thing she said was "I'll wait for the M400." When she learned that there is no guarantee that it will ever come out on as a M400 she was disappointed and she is debating whether to get this or not (but most likely not). I suspect that she is not in the minority in wishing that this had been released in the M400's size.

I suspect that she is not in the minority in wishing that this had been released in the M400's size.

That was my thought as well, particularly for a pen aimed squarely at the ladies

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Now, the first thing my wife said when she saw it was "Its gorgeous!"... But the second thing she said was "I'll wait for the M400." When she learned that there is no guarantee that it will ever come out on as a M400 she was disappointed and she is debating whether to get this or not (but most likely not). I suspect that she is not in the minority in wishing that this had been released in the M400's size.

You might point her at the purty new M205:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/292427-new-pelikan-classic-205-amethyst-special-edition

Hah! I was thinking the same thing as your wife. I'd LOVE to see this in an M400. I'd even be starting to save up for it now (I'm sure it will be quite pricy, given what the M200 Café Crème cost).

Of course I also wish that grey M800 Stresemann came in the smaller M400 size too....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Now, the first thing my wife said when she saw it was "Its gorgeous!"...

I showed the picture to my wife and I won't say what she said.

As someone else already noted, I wish the barrel was a softer pink.

Still, the last fountain pen that repelled and repulsed me so was the Pelikan Tortise White, and now I own it. I may end up purchasing this fp before the year is out.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

This is the first Pelikan special edition that looks like a departure from the Pelikan brand for me. Or maybe, as a non-pink-loving lady, I am slightly offended by the assumption that this is a ladies' pen (plus the corset box--really?!!) But it's only a pen, so I'll settle for being surprised at their marketing strategy and go off to buy the marine blue m605.

When I first heard about a pink m600, I thought, it'll be okay if it's a pale shell pink tortoise-y stripe. But if it's a Pepto-Bismal Barbie pink, gross!

Alas.

I do not want the Barbie pen.

This is the first Pelikan special edition that looks like a departure from the Pelikan brand for me. Or maybe, as a non-pink-loving lady, I am slightly offended by the assumption that this is a ladies' pen (plus the corset box--really?!!) But it's only a pen, so I'll settle for being surprised at their marketing strategy and go off to buy the marine blue m605.

Absolutely agree. I think Pelikan are still stuck in the 19th Century. Gender-specific pens? Pink for the "ladies"? Outdated & off the mark.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I was appalled when I saw this pen. I think it's tacky to put it in a corset box. What, a boudoir pen, really? Are they going to sell it at Victoria's Secret? I also think it's ridiculous to market a fountain pen to a specific gender. Sure, pink has traditionally been a "ladies" color, but gentlemen wear pink dress shirts and polos.

I much prefer the amethyst 200. Notably, that isn't marketed as gender specific even though purple is sometimes considered a feminine color.

This lady won't be buying a Victoria's Secret Pelikan fountain pen. But each to his/her own.

I can't stop buying pens and it scares me.

Hah! I was thinking the same thing as your wife. I'd LOVE to see this in an M400. I'd even be starting to save up for it now (I'm sure it will be quite pricy, given what the M200 Café Crème cost).

Of course I also wish that grey M800 Stresemann came in the smaller M400 size too....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

The article quoted the price for the fountain pen as 370 Euros (quick conversion @ $420.) I WISHED the White Tortoise came in an 800 size BUT figured I had best "make do" with the 600 because I doubt Pelikan is going to change the sizes of their pen models after just dropping several nib sizes. And I hardly feel like I am "making do" now that it has arrived the 600 size is perfectly adequate.

I'm with the above poster: It's a Barbie Pen.

Incidentally, pink was also the colour of Empire (British) and boys previously were dressed in pink...