Feel free to call me mad/idiot/foolish etc, but I am planning to purchase a Hakase some time in the next 2 months, placing the order for one that is. I got my Nakaya barely 2 weeks ago, which will prompt you to use the adjectives i mentioned above.
I was initially not planning to make this thread but the Hakase catalogue is really confusing, for me at least. They have the following pens:
1. Tortoise Shell - Not possible since the maker won't ship and i don't want any animal to die because of this.
2. Rose Wood Burl Urushi Coating - I understand that this has urushi applied over it, so can it be customized to black urushi?
3. African Ebony - What is ebony? some kind of wood? Does this have urushi?
4. Rose wood - Again, wood. Is urushi applied over it too?
5. Cocobolo Wood - Again, wood. Is urushi applied over it too?
6. Black Water Buffalo Horn - Not interested, for the same reason as Tortoise shells.
7. Ebonite - Not interested
8. Celluloid - Not interested.
Also, is saw a sandalwood one somewhere here in the forums. Why is that not in the catalogue? Can some one also post a picture of how this pen is packed? The packaging, if anyone took those when they received their pens. Do you get a kimono too, like the Nakaya and Platinum? :3
I can buy any of the pens i am interested in right away, apart from the Rose wood Burl Urushi Coating, that would require some saving. i am not interested in Flat tops.
Thanks & Regards