Recommendations For Whom To Send A Difficult Twsbi?

rhymingisfun

I recently sent my broad Diamond 580AL to TWSBI because it was skipping a lot of would not write unless I laid down quite a bit of pressure. Since it was sent back, the problem persists. Anyone have a recommendation for a good nibmeister to send my pen to? I had also sent in my fine Vac 700, which I now regret because I put quite a bit of work into it to get it to write well. I thought it could be tweaked to write wetter, but it came back drier and scratchier than before. But I'll just swap it out for my Goulet 1.5mm, which writes a lot better.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rhymingisfun

• alc3261

• Jamerelbe

• SujiCorp12345

+1 for Pendleton Brown

His lead times are excellent too.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I checked out Pendleton Brown, looks expensive but worth it. Thanks for the recommendation! I think I'm just going to return the Diamond. I'm angry at being told that the problem was that I write too lightly.

Dan Smith from nibsmith.com would be another option - I understand his turnaround times are not too bad. Postage costs (Aus to US) are the only thing that have prevented me trying him out.

Edited by Jamerelbe

Hmghph! I'd bet your baseball bat applied to the forehead of that "customer service" moron wouldn't be applied too lightly. Er...in theory of course!

It's not that hard to learn nib adjustment and do it yourself. Search youtube for how to make a nib wetter, and nib adjustment or alignment.

does it really make sense to send a 60$ pen to a nibmeister? I would try to adjust it by yourself, and if it does not work you can still buy another goulet nib, or an entire new TWISBI nib unit, and would still spend less money than with the nibmeister.

edit: sorry, goulet nibs of course do not fit the 580. Still, the point about another TWSBI nib unit stands.

Edited by Feanaaro

does it really make sense to send a 60$ pen to a nibmeister? I would try to adjust it by yourself, and if it does not work you can still buy another goulet nib, or an entire new TWISBI nib unit, and would still spend less money than with the nibmeister.

edit: sorry, goulet nibs of course do not fit the 580. Still, the point about another TWSBI nib unit stands.

That's what I did with my Vac 700, I have a Goulet nib for that pen which works wonderfully.

Hmghph! I'd bet your baseball bat applied to the forehead of that "customer service" moron wouldn't be applied too lightly. Er...in theory of course!

Haha! Thanks for that, I suppose I wanted to vent a little.

I had my 580 given the Tomahawk treatment by Art of Art's Nibs.com

reasonable prices, quick turnaround.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I had my 580 given the Tomahawk treatment by Art of Art's Nibs.com

reasonable prices, quick turnaround.

Art's had his very talented hands on a lot of my pens. I can't say enough good things about him and his work.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

That's what I did with my Vac 700, I have a Goulet nib for that pen which works wonderfully.

NICE!

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g